iPad Pro 2020 (dual cam, trackpad support, floating keyboard)

GeForce

Reaction score
Should I upgrade from my trusty iPad Pro 10.5" from mid 2017? :s11:
Like no compelling reason so far.. value wise also will take quite a hit just to upgrade to the latest and greatest..
Already can use apple pencil 1, and got pro-motion since this model. A10X CPU speed still satisfactory.
What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

runforyourlife

Reaction score
The LiDAR sensor is interesting but not essential. I Guess anyone who hasn’t gotten a iPad Pro should look at this model and not try to get the 2018 one (even if the 2018 model is cheaper now i guess)

But still very tempted to sell my 2018 to just buy this because of the LiDAR but that’s the only push factor for me. In terms of Apple Pencil performance on this and 2018 is the same right?

Haha interesting for the phone!

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Like no compelling reason so far.. value wise also will take quite a hit just to upgrade to the latest and greatest..
Already can use apple pencil 1, and got pro-motion since this model. A10X CPU speed still satisfactory.
What are your thoughts?
If never spoil then don’t see a need to upgrade.
Apple Pencil 1 cannot use on the latest iPad Pro

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts?

If I’m on the 10.5 and want to upgrade I think the only push factor would be
- bigger screen
- Face ID
- Apple Pencil 2 (which feels way better than 1)

ahtancw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most likely getting this with the exorbitant keyboard since I work extensively remote. Is there any side bumper only for ipad pro that can be added and not get into the way of the magic keyboard?

Chips

Reaction score
Most likely getting this with the exorbitant keyboard since I work extensively remote. Is there any side bumper only for ipad pro that can be added and not get into the way of the magic keyboard?

Don't think so, the magic keyboard is edge to edge on the back so there is no place for a bumper like case to grip the iPad while still working with the keyboard

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score

Expensive but very sexy and practical.

If not for the rumours that there will be another iPad Pro end of the year, I would have already pulled the trigger.

Worried that this version will only last 6 months like ipad 3😅

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score

Can DIY. But maybe just get Apple care and trade in for new one before Apple care ends.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Expensive but very sexy and practical.

If not for the rumours that there will be another iPad Pro end of the year, I would have already pulled the trigger.

Worried that this version will only last 6 months like ipad 3��
sian liao lor. dunno want to wait or not.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im currently using MBP. Kinda overkill to be honest cos im not a gamer & neither need a dedicated graphics chip or a super fast processor. Touchbar is cute but not essential at least for me.

But problems is at the time of purchase MB when upgraded to 16GB RAM & 512GB SSD is almost the same price as MBP. And its just a bit smaller & lighter. MBA is significantly lighter but at that time when i bought my MBP it was old model & specs sucked.

Long story short, 12.9” ipad pro MIGHT be the best option for me. The add on keyboard/track pad & mouse cursor feature helps a lot cos its literally a laptop now.

Only things which still concerns me is the downloading & saving of files. I know one can save in Files or icloud, dropbox, etc. But what if i prefer having a physical backup?

Is it possible to connect a USB HDD to ipad pro? And if so i assume i would need to copy files manually cos there is no time machine for ipad.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.