Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just like samsung.

and whats preventing me from changing to SD set is of cause money.. not cheap to sell this off and purchase a SD set.

Fair enough. Read that USA SD set has GPS issues also. Maybe you want to wait for that to be solved first before committing.

Oxygenatedwater

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. Read that USA SD set has GPS issues also. Maybe you want to wait for that to be solved first before committing.

i already bought liao so llst already.. have to stick with exy then see how next phone must plan for SD set liao or hope for firmware patch to solve this issue

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are right. So I'm also entitled to my posts. What's your point? You can choose to ignore too then correct? Anyway it is meaningless to continue the conversation as it will be never ending.

To sum my point, you can choose to consider actual user's advice on the local set experience or continuing whining.
Yup. Reading the reviews of exynos sets (which are local sets) are kinda disappointing, especially in battery, heat and performance.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Damn sad u spend so much money on a flagship phone, have to disable this app, disable that app, worry battery not enough. Play games will jerk, will hear up.

Might as well get a mid range phone like that lol.

On my Huawei P30 Pro I don't disable anything and leave Bluetooth on all the time I can go one full day and end 40% still (my phone is over 1 year old)..

I wanna get S20 ultra actually.. But the more I read the sadder the phone feels.. My 1 year old phone (even my friends 1.5 year old mate 20 Pro) can charge at 40w also.. And the 4200mah battery outperforms the 5000mah on the S20 ultra by miles...

And Samsung can't even get the camera autofocus done right...

I really wanna buy this phone but how to convince myself sia LOL.

Maybe the HK 512gb dual sim snapdragon set la.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damn sad u spend so much money on a flagship phone, have to disable this app, disable that app, worry battery not enough. Play games will jerk, will hear up.

Might as well get a mid range phone like that lol.

On my Huawei P30 Pro I don't disable anything and leave Bluetooth on all the time I can go one full day and end 40% still (my phone is over 1 year old)..

I wanna get S20 ultra actually.. But the more I read the sadder the phone feels.. My 1 year old phone (even my friends 1.5 year old mate 20 Pro) can charge at 40w also.. And the 4200mah battery outperforms the 5000mah on the S20 ultra by miles...

And Samsung can't even get the camera autofocus done right...

I really wanna buy this phone but how to convince myself sia LOL.

Maybe the HK 512gb dual sim snapdragon set la.

But can your Huawei use transit without unlocking? I'd be more frustrated having to unlock every time want to use, which is at least 4 times per day. I'd be sadder if I had to unlock every time need to tap than seeing 40% left on my phone every day. So it really depends on where your priorities lie. If you no need to use transit then better to get SD.

lamtw22

Reaction score
Note 9 is still at security patch level 1 Oct 2019. What is Samsung Singapore doing ? Sleeping ? Why should people buy S20 ???

Ohayo!

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my s20 + drain battery like siao.. anyone can help?

CCSWE + Naptime + Shizuku&AppOps Rikka

to prevent contant pinging by apps, u can use private DNS like nextdns.io

Use dark/night mode all the time for all apps, choose darker wallpapers with pure black pixels

these may help abit.

either way, im still holding on to my old note8 until they release flagship with SD

:s13:

feel abit sad for samsung, stupid decisions (exynos) now lead to poorer sales, and this in turn affect resale price (slashing of prices barely a month later after release) = even poorer sales

vicious cycle really.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

to prevent contant pinging by apps, u can use private DNS like nextdns.io

Use dark/night mode all the time for all apps, choose darker wallpapers with pure black pixels

these may help abit.

either way, im still holding on to my old note8 until they release flagship with SD

:s13:

feel abit sad for samsung, stupid decisions (exynos) now lead to poorer sales, and this in turn affect resale price (slashing of prices barely a month later after release) = even poorer sales

vicious cycle really.

$2000 flagship phone need so many user modifications for optimal battery life :s13::s13::s13:

idk are they doing this so we no choice upgrade yearly?

$1.5k at launch, zero update since October. Promised Android 10 in February, another promise broken. If its Note 9 now, maybe S20 will suffer the same fate few months later.

Ohayo!

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$2000 flagship phone need so many user modifications for optimal battery life :s13::s13::s13:

$1.5k at launch, zero update since October. Promised Android 10 in February, another promise broken. If its Note 9 now, maybe S20 will suffer the same fate few months later.

tbh lots of us knew whats was happening in the past few years. lot of warnings on exynos since s8 times.

i guess people who dont do their homework get shortchanged after spending the same dollars on a subpar model. cant really blame them though. as people mentioned, alot of the buyers are just ordinary people who expect samsung to give them "flagship" quality after paying this much.

now that they realise the problem, sammy wont be able to keep these people loyal to the brand.

now can only offer some help to get that little bit of improvement loh.

Ohayo!

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if you wish to go further, u can install brevent which free/stop background app from running.

also, restricting background usage for Android System in Apps can help prolong battery further.

note all this tips are kinda going deep so you might want to research abit before you start disabling stuff happily.

already using these apps on my note8, no issue. standby drain is excellent on a 2.5+ year old model (about 0.5~0.8% per h)

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

LOL. The reviewer chao stunned with the graphic frame rates from the Exynos set.

:s13::s13::s13:

But don't disturb Exynos defenders liao, later they say every single person here sian of me talking about their dear Exynos. (although it seems not the case).

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
I do like Samsung as a brand, but I think the Samsung mobile division in Singapore specifically has gotten too complacent and treating Singapore consumers shabbily. Clearly seen from their business decisions to constantly give SG consumers the lower end Exynos processor (even HK and Taiwan are getting Snapdragon, why not us), and with the S20 launch giving us low storage options whilst still continuing to charge premium prices. Not to mention slower updates relative to others in the region.

Nobody wants to complain for complaining sake, but it does serve its purpose of getting more consumers to realise they are getting the short end of the stick. This hopefully will cause more to vote with their feet and hurting Samsung SG where it hurts - in their sales numbers. This will inevitably cause them to offer more competitive products and prices - benefiting us consumers in the long term. And that is a good thing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.