Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung Singapore GM or CEO should be fired !

should start by firing their SG marketing, still can say Exynos very good, specially designed for S20 :eek: really, if say that to me, I point middle finger in his face already nb :s22:

altca4

Reaction score
should start by firing their SG marketing, still can say Exynos very good, specially designed for S20 :eek: really, if say that to me, I point middle finger in his face already nb :s22:

You’re so humorous...

Aiyo, chill and Think about it,
HQ (Korea) & product issue mandate: the usual exynos for Sg once again.

What can marketing do?
Go tell people their chips are inferior? They will be gone before they even attempt :s22:

Marketing’s purpose is to market, sugarcoat, mindshare and help sell, no?

Last edited:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You’re so humorous...

Aiyo, chill and Think about it,
HQ (Korea) & product issue mandate: the usual exynos for Sg once again.

What can marketing do?
Go tell people their chips are inferior? They will be gone before they even attempt :s22:

Marketing’s purpose is to market, sugarcoat, mindshare and help sell, no?

There’s a difference between marketing and lying straight through your teeth, no? :s22:

Moi ish not humorous, moi ish jin dulan so moi choose not to buy by voting with my wallet. This is the most direct answer to Samsung. :flash:

From 3:18 onwards :s8: Chua Khim Guan is your guy :D
https://www.linkedin.com/in/khim-guan-chua-95b3b54

If I'm VJ, when he say the exynos enhancement, I think I'll laughed out damn hard. What kind of enhancement are you talking about? The Exynos 990 is at least 2 generations behind Snapdragon bro LOL :s22:

Finally Exynos surpass the level of Snapdragon 845. Oh wait.. That's two years backward.

Last edited:

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do like Samsung as a brand, but I think the Samsung mobile division in Singapore specifically has gotten too complacent and treating Singapore consumers shabbily. Clearly seen from their business decisions to constantly give SG consumers the lower end Exynos processor (even HK and Taiwan are getting Snapdragon, why not us), and with the S20 launch giving us low storage options whilst still continuing to charge premium prices. Not to mention slower updates relative to others in the region.

Nobody wants to complain for complaining sake, but it does serve its purpose of getting more consumers to realise they are getting the short end of the stick. This hopefully will cause more to vote with their feet and hurting Samsung SG where it hurts - in their sales numbers. This will inevitably cause them to offer more competitive products and prices - benefiting us consumers in the long term. And that is a good thing.

I'd honestly really like to see this happen.

Like if all of us consumers can come together and not only boycott Samsung, but make it publicly known our distaste for their treatment towards Singaporeans.

Ads? Facebook comments?

I feel it has to be a targeted effort though.
It's like every past year it simply dies down and Samsung just tries to pull the same **** all over again.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do like Samsung as a brand, but I think the Samsung mobile division in Singapore specifically has gotten too complacent and treating Singapore consumers shabbily. Clearly seen from their business decisions to constantly give SG consumers the lower end Exynos processor (even HK and Taiwan are getting Snapdragon, why not us), and with the S20 launch giving us low storage options whilst still continuing to charge premium prices. Not to mention slower updates relative to others in the region.

Nobody wants to complain for complaining sake, but it does serve its purpose of getting more consumers to realise they are getting the short end of the stick. This hopefully will cause more to vote with their feet and hurting Samsung SG where it hurts - in their sales numbers. This will inevitably cause them to offer more competitive products and prices - benefiting us consumers in the long term. And that is a good thing.

Then wouldn’t it be better to do so at a more effective and targeted platform where it can do significant impact Samsung fb/global petition etc? There’s one global petition ongoing and I’ve gladly signed it there. Simple and more effective.

Try observing the thread contents among different Samsung threads (ratio of complaints from non users to users feedback). Makes ppl wonder the motives of usual disgruntled non users and their sarcasms. Some have pointed out, there are users in here who wishes to discuss more about troubleshooting, tips and updates. Unfortunately the comments here are mainly nothing useful for users. Just known fact spams where ppl who have the habit of reading forum and doing research would already know.

Telling them off (poor comprehension ppl would see it as debate when it’s not even about it) would automatically be labeled as “Exynos defenders” when they couldn’t even produce evidences that anyone ever said Exynos is better (irony?). These ppl either couldn’t see the main point (of what can you do abt it rather just whining) or simply refuses to acknowledge their habitual addictions.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After using a other brand phone in the past, I still prefer Samsung phone cause feel like better for me. Dunno why. Maybe addicted to Samsung phone.

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw this and wanted to post too. Exynos GPU still rubbish. Even the reviewer said omg when he saw 14 fps :s13:

Well, Samsung (and Huawei) use the Mali GPU core which is essentially from ARM itself. Qualcomm SD custom design their own GPU - Adrenos.

mahcosg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
120 hz on the samsung phone really elevate the user experience man. i play around with 60hz and can really feel the difference in the smoothness. Hope the patch for QHD 120Hz can be release soon. Monitoring my battery life for now. So far so good.

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
120 hz on the samsung phone really elevate the user experience man. i play around with 60hz and can really feel the difference in the smoothness. Hope the patch for QHD 120Hz can be release soon. Monitoring my battery life for now. So far so good.
There's a rumour going around that samsung disable 120hz in QHD, because exynos chip not supporting it. SD support it, but samsung need to be fair to both consumers. BUt since now we all know how bad exynos chip is, i think this rumour is true...imagine running 120hz in qhd all the time, confirm battery will run warm in exynos

Last edited:

mahcosg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wahahaha, this has become a joke. That 2nd last gpu test was soooo laggy on the exynos set. I just laugh at samsung's fail. Don't forget SG only have 8 GB RAM for the S20+ model. More fails from samsung SG. :s13:

Yea it sucks to watch this tests. Anyway for the enthusiasts who always change phones, no harm trying it out.

mahcosg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The exynos processor really heat up easily. But no concern if u dont do hardcore gaming

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy a flagship phone at flagship price.. And told don't do gaming.. Might as well buy xiaomi

Not all people play hardcore games! some use phone for normal daily uses and light photography depends on individual lifestyle and hobby if their budget permits..

I myself don't stick my eyes non-stop on the phone everywhere i go habitually ...

Last edited:

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
But can your Huawei use transit without unlocking? I'd be more frustrated having to unlock every time want to use, which is at least 4 times per day. I'd be sadder if I had to unlock every time need to tap than seeing 40% left on my phone every day. So it really depends on where your priorities lie. If you no need to use transit then better to get SD.

U mean to tap for mrt? I drive so wouldn't know..

It's just Samsung on paper has the specs to make it such an awesome phone. 5000mah battery in such a svelte package.. But they are doing what Apple does to isheep also, screwing you over to make you constantly upgrade..

mahcosg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those who cannot accept exynos can go for other brands. No need to argue here.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
The exynos processor really heat up easily. But no concern if u dont do hardcore gaming
No need to do hardcore gaming. Just by taking some photos the phone gets warm (slightly hot) easily. It happened on my Note8 and current S10. I am still sticking with Samsung coz I am used to Samsung's UI and eco-system. Samsung SG is really disappointing!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.