Iroad vs Nefu Plabo

sgdevilzz

Reaction score
Hi guys. Kinda torn between the 2 brands.

Iroad has been a popular brand in sg but a lot of other people saying overheating and not recording issues and the app is really shitty.

Plabo relatively new i guess? I've not seen a lot of reviews at all on the internet. Scarce demo videos which doesn't give a good comparison.

Looking between Iroad X5 and the nefu plabo. Plabo is about $100 more ex than the X5.

Any recommendations? Looking for 2ch.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the iRoad has overheating issues.

You should look at the X10 instead of X5 tho'.

oddeye82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There’s only X9, no X10. The app is really lousy, recordings always not at correct date and time when downloaded. But the quality of the videos are good.

I didn't know the iRoad has overheating issues.

You should look at the X10 instead of X5 tho'.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There’s only X9, no X10. The app is really lousy, recordings always not at correct date and time when downloaded. But the quality of the videos are good.

iRoad X10

My Q9 recordings are always accurate till recently, the timing chip think crazy.

The app does what it does, so I don't have issues with it, but it does have some issue with the WiFi connectivity due to android design.

sgdevilzz

Reaction score
iRoad X10

My Q9 recordings are always accurate till recently, the timing chip think crazy.

The app does what it does, so I don't have issues with it, but it does have some issue with the WiFi connectivity due to android design.

i've not seen X10 sales in sg. Probably cause it's new. I'm also using android phone. So it will most likely give problems as well?

lovinyooo

Reaction score
iRoad X10

Hi Bro, would you recommend the x10 over the higher end blackvue/thinkware?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Kinda torn between the 2 brands.

Iroad has been a popular brand in sg but a lot of other people saying overheating and not recording issues and the app is really shitty.

Plabo relatively new i guess? I've not seen a lot of reviews at all on the internet. Scarce demo videos which doesn't give a good comparison.

Looking between Iroad X5 and the nefu plabo. Plabo is about $100 more ex than the X5.

Any recommendations? Looking for 2ch.

On Nefu Plabo and been with me 6 mths. So far ok. Clear recording.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i've not seen X10 sales in sg. Probably cause it's new. I'm also using android phone. So it will most likely give problems as well?
X10 has been installed by JDM Autocare for like the past 2 weeks. Corvit SG, the AD for iRoad already carrying it in the shops, trade in at $100 rebate now, including installation.

The Wifi on android will drop if the iRoad cannot provide internet, so there's some issue there, but if you force it to connect, it will work. So far works fine for me. 2.5 years later however, the timing runs after shutting down for prolonged hours, I just switched a new unit at Corvit. Service is definitely there but 2.5 years... oh well was expecting 3 years. Nearly changed to X10 though, but decided not to as my car battery was changed recently also, wallet's tight.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not Blackvue?
'cos I think BlackVue is the one that was reputed for overheating?

There's also ThinkWare cameras FYI.

Hi Bro, would you recommend the x10 over the higher end blackvue/thinkware?
I'm an iRoad user so my preference would be quite biased towards iRoad namely - I'm used to the interface, phone app and also using the iRoad battery pack for external power/charging.

BlackVue that time I didn't go for it was due to the known overheating issues, Thinkware was slightly expensive and the image quality didn't look good, so I went for iRoad eventually.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used iroad TX9 ever since it launched in 2018. It does not have overheating issue. My workplace car park is open.

lovinyooo

Reaction score
Thanks for the input ppl.. $500 all in for a just released new system falls nicely into the budget.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input ppl.. $500 all in for a just released new system falls nicely into the budget.
Trade in is korean 2ch or iroad 2ch tho', take note - regardless working or not.

My Q9 working fine so I didn't trade in, will go for it if my Q9 fails again. The replacement is cheap tho', $60 for a refurbished set.

lovinyooo

Reaction score
The old car is using the iroad V7 since many donkey years ago... still working and car going to hit 10 years soon. New car coming in 2 weeks.. so was thinking if i should switch to some other brand or even try 70mai pro.

lovinyooo

Reaction score
Hyundai wanted to give me some HP camera.. i asked if don't want can deduct money, they said yes.. so i straight away say.. pls keep ur camera lol

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hyundai wanted to give me some HP camera.. i asked if don't want can deduct money, they said yes.. so i straight away say.. pls keep ur camera lol
Default cameras are CMI. Mine used about a year, no standby mode, gave it to friend, then died not long after.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nice. Can go outside install one with better functions. If SE said will void warranty, i challenged him to state on the purchase agreement. He smiled and dont even said anything.

New car don’t come w cam ? These days SE the most common free gift is car cam

Yes. But is not "free gift" all cost oredi into the car price. As mentioned some give cmi cam and or only one channel. BTH

lovinyooo

Reaction score
iRoad X10

Bro, the x10 front camera is use no brand 8m cmos. Would that be a concern in your opinion?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.