[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

hawkz02

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this had been asked or discussed before.
I recently just bought a PS4 and seen like even a 500GB storage is not sufficient for me.

Read up and understood that can add in external HDD or SSD to increase the storage.
Is the above recommended or better to sell and get a 1TB version?
If getting HDD or SSD I was thinking of going for 5TB for HDD or 1TB/2TB for SSD. Which is more recommended and appreciate if can recommend the brand also.

Thanks in advance to any replies on the above.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I recently just bought a PS4 and seen like even a 500GB storage is not sufficient for me.

Read up and understood that can add in external HDD or SSD to increase the storage.
If getting HDD or SSD I was thinking of going for 5TB for HDD or 1TB/2TB for SSD. Which is more recommended and appreciate if can recommend the brand also.

I didn't check the pricing, so this is just theoretical... For me, in this situation I will go for 1TB SSD as internal storage (replacing original 500GB) plus 2TB (or more) HDD as external (buy a USB 3 HDD casing). You can move games between the two, so for games you are currently playing, move to internal SSD, for games you completed or put on hold, move to external HDD (can still play directly from external HDD, no noticeable diff from playing from internal HDD).

stormycloud

Reaction score
My ps4 broke while almost completing my persona 5. It suddenly power off as if there is a power trip. Unable to turn on again. Manage to turn on for 1 sec with a beep sound before turning off. Tried multiple times still doesnt work. Anyway, im using the OG ps4 till this day and finally it died on me. I was thinking of fixing it and if it fails i might get the pro. So far has anyone broke their ps4 and bought another one?

hawkz02

Reaction score
How much to change the internal and any risk?
Recommendation?

Mostly will be getting a HDD just want to know the pro and con. 5tb and 2tb different is not a lot. Within $50buck diff only.

I didn't check the pricing, so this is just theoretical... For me, in this situation I will go for 1TB SSD as internal storage (replacing original 500GB) plus 2TB (or more) HDD as external (buy a USB 3 HDD casing). You can move games between the two, so for games you are currently playing, move to internal SSD, for games you completed or put on hold, move to external HDD (can still play directly from external HDD, no noticeable diff from playing from internal HDD).

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
How much to change the internal and any risk?
Recommendation?

Mostly will be getting a HDD just want to know the pro and con. 5tb and 2tb different is not a lot. Within $50buck diff only.
If you doing it for capacity rather than for performance reason, then just get 5TB if the price is ok. Changing the internal HDD is free, you can easily do it yourself, it does not void warranty.

Replacing Internal Hard Drive on PS4: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Upgrade-PS4-HDD?language=en_US

If you don't want to change the internal (keeping the 500GB), then get the 5TB and use as external (buy a USB 3.0 HDD casing).

Using extended storage: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/extendedstorage.html

hawkz02

Reaction score
This is great info.
Thanks

If you doing it for capacity rather than for performance reason, then just get 5TB if the price is ok. Changing the internal HDD is free, you can easily do it yourself, it does not void warranty.

Replacing Internal Hard Drive on PS4: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Upgrade-PS4-HDD?language=en_US

If you don't want to change the internal (keeping the 500GB), then get the 5TB and use as external (buy a USB 3.0 HDD casing).

Using extended storage: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/extendedstorage.html

MilgaussSC

Reaction score
Anyone know any store selling persona 5 royal early? Singapore got an early release for persona 5 3 years ago. Hoping the same would happen for royal

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would highly recommend 1TB SSD, the loading speed increase quality of life is so much better.

Spectre007

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone here has experience changing their ps4 pro delta fan to a nidec one?
How was it? anything to look out for?

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My ps4 broke while almost completing my persona 5. It suddenly power off as if there is a power trip. Unable to turn on again. Manage to turn on for 1 sec with a beep sound before turning off. Tried multiple times still doesnt work. Anyway, im using the OG ps4 till this day and finally it died on me. I was thinking of fixing it and if it fails i might get the pro. So far has anyone broke their ps4 and bought another one?

of coz, new one very cheap now

velcry

Reaction score
Anyone getting One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 on Mar 27?

Looking forward to the next few weeks... Tons of new, big games releasing. Also eyeing Persona 5 Royal and Ff7 Remake... The rational side of me knows that there's hardly enough time for all of them though haha.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
【台灣-2020年3月25日】Sony Interactive Entertainment Taiwan Limited (SIET) 今日宣布,為預計購買PlayStation®4(PS4™)遊玩《FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE》的玩家朋友,準備了最佳同捆組合PlayStation®4 Pro「FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Pack」。

本同捆組內容物包含「PS4™Pro主機 (CUH-7218BB01/HDD:1TB/建議零售價新台幣12,980元)」與「PS4™遊戲《FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE》藍光光碟(建議零售價新台幣1,790元)」,優惠價新台幣12,980元,將同步於2020年4月10日(五)遊戲發售日限量推出。

6ac1be9e0c19048237eb3627d6ba00f4

stormycloud

Reaction score
Anyone got a spare gen 3 ps4 power supply that could Lend or sell me? I highly conclude my console has a power failure and i want to get it to work. I’ve also checked that if i get a ps4 pro now, i cannot back up any saves from a console who wont boot up. Ps4 model is cuh-1106A and psu model is adp-240CR. Much help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a spare gen 3 ps4 power supply that could Lend or sell me? I highly conclude my console has a power failure and i want to get it to work. I’ve also checked that if i get a ps4 pro now, i cannot back up any saves from a console who wont boot up. Ps4 model is cuh-1106A and psu model is adp-240CR. Much help would be appreciated

Can buy from taobao.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Go to aliexpress.com, enter "adp-240CR" into the search bar. There are a lot, around US$22 (free shipping or inclusive of shipping).

Oddly I see some as power supply "adapter", not sure if it is broken English, but those their photos don't show very clearly, hopefully not just a plastic casing. Would suggest looking for those with better photos that clearly show it's a power supply unit with the electric circuits, and look at customer reviews, especially with their own photos. Also not sure why they all emphasize on 4-pins", you might want to open up yours to see if the original is 4-pin.

PS4-Original-Replacement-Part-Power-Supply-Adapter-4pin-ADP-240CR-for-Sony-PlayStation-4-1100-series.jpg_220x220xz.jpg_.webp

ChinTuaKi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, noob here

Can I subscribe to PlayStation Now in singapore? Say if i put my country as japan or US?

Last edited:

stormycloud

Reaction score
Alright thanks! I guess i can wait. Mostly for restoring my save files. I dont mind getting a new ps4 pro unit but i heard there is encryption in the hdd and cannot be brought over without turning on from the old ps4

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.