Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think iPhone x battery life was known to be quite bad. Why don't stay on iPhone ecosystem? I heard iPhone 11 series battery are much better now and price is only a bit more exp than s20 series.

Hate the Face ID, notch, weight

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
5CD6Vmq.png

SD chipset consumes more power

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my experience,stick to original firmware for the best battery

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not happy don’t buy la
No one point a gun at you to buy :s22:

U ok or not? Grow up leh. If you don’t have anything useful to say just shut up lah.

Digdub ask me why I don’t want to stay with the iPhone ecosystem and I gave him the reasons why.

I bought the iPhone X cos I was used to iPhones. I bought it over 2 years ago.
How would I know I hate Face ID until I’ve used it for some time?
How would I know I really dislike the notch until I’ve used it for some time? The weight too, the phones got heavier over the years, this is less of an issue but compared to the iPhone 5 and 6 this feels like a brick.

I’m thinking of trying something else and that’s why I’m here to read about s20+ as an alternative before making a decision.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest firmware seems to have improved the standby time. Need to observe further to confirm.

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This phone is 5000mah for the s20 ultra set. Phone big battery also big and it is got fast charging of 45 watts, charge extremely fast. But don't use fast charging too often as it is no good for your battery. Not I say one hor is experts from the internet say one hor

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
This phone is 5000mah for the s20 ultra set. Phone big battery also big and it is got fast charging of 45 watts, charge extremely fast. But don't use fast charging too often as it is no good for your battery. Not I say one hor is experts from the internet say one hor

not as good as your m30s

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those still hoping for Exynos 1440p 120Hz to come :s22:

> In the 120Hz modes, both Exynos variants of the S20+ and S20 Ultra showcases some pretty terrible battery life figures. For the S20U, the Exynos variant here falls behind the Snapdragon unit by a whopping 27% - all likely due to the vast power efficiency deficit of the Exynos SoC. In absolute numbers, these are amongst the worst figures we’ve tested in recent years, coming near to the disaster that was the Exynos 9810 S9 series.

5CD6Vmq.png

SD chipset consumes more power

Don't selective quote bit and pieces leh to make Exynos to appear to look "superior" and leave out the most important parts.

Here's the concluding statement from Anandtech.

For people whose purchase decisions is heavily influenced by the battery life of the devices, I think it’s safe to say that the Exynos S20 variants will likely end up as underwhelming. Power users in particular using heavy apps will see very disappointing results – I would likely recommend either importing a Snapdragon unit, or just outright skipping this generation altogether.

:s22::s22::s22:

Of course we have the usual few who have excellent battery life, best in the market that goes against general consensus.

justxsongs

Reaction score
For those still hoping for Exynos 1440p 120Hz to come :s22:

> In the 120Hz modes, both Exynos variants of the S20+ and S20 Ultra showcases some pretty terrible battery life figures. For the S20U, the Exynos variant here falls behind the Snapdragon unit by a whopping 27% - all likely due to the vast power efficiency deficit of the Exynos SoC. In absolute numbers, these are amongst the worst figures we’ve tested in recent years, coming near to the disaster that was the Exynos 9810 S9 series.

Don't selective quote bit and pieces leh to make Exynos to appear to look "superior" and leave out the most important parts.

Here's the concluding statement from Anandtech.

For people whose purchase decisions is heavily influenced by the battery life of the devices, I think it’s safe to say that the Exynos S20 variants will likely end up as underwhelming. Power users in particular using heavy apps will see very disappointing results – I would likely recommend either importing a Snapdragon unit, or just outright skipping this generation altogether.

:s22::s22::s22:

Of course we have the usual few who have excellent battery life, best in the market that goes against general consensus.

Guess the truth hurts for people. Normal for people unhappy after buying exynos phone then here mentioning its bad. Do be gentle with these people kena chop carrot by Samsung.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.