Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now with SIBOR rate dropping.

Maxigain is officially dead. Even with counter 12 you are getting only 1.35% pa, and if u are counter 0 its 0.75% now.

Those still have that account. GLHF!

xfufux

Reaction score
I alrdy have a Isavvy account. Now I want to open a Isavvy I account. Pls advise if I savvy I account equals to isavvy savings plus account?

NietBelangrijk

Reaction score
I alrdy have a Isavvy account. Now I want to open a Isavvy I account. Pls advise if I savvy I account equals to isavvy savings plus account?

No, iSavvy I is the Islamic version of the iSavvy Savings account:
https://www.maybank2u.com.sg/en/personal/islamic/deposits/iSAVvy-Savings-Account-i.page?

There is a dedicated thread for Maybank iSavvy (and Maybank questions in general):
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/maybank-isavvy-1-3%-1-5%-promo-5203792.html

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now with SIBOR rate dropping.

Maxigain is officially dead. Even with counter 12 you are getting only 1.35% pa, and if u are counter 0 its 0.75% now.

Those still have that account. GLHF!

Believe other Banks will also drop.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Believe other Banks will also drop.

every banks rate drop. CIMB fastsaver can get near to 1.35% (over 100K) without locking till counter 12. Personally using iSavvy/iSavvy-i can get 1.75% and these are for people like me who loves decent interest rates without locking the funds or meeting much requirements without overspending on any insurance or investment products.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CIMB fastsaver can get near to 1.35% (over 100K) without locking till counter 12.

CIMB Fastsaver returns a maximum of 1.325%p.a if you have exactly 100k in the account. Any amount more or less than that will give you a lower interest rate instead.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok ok, so should I transfer everything out first then request the closure via the secure message? Thanks.

Just go to the branch request to close the account and withdrawal amount in account in cash or bank cheque.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i have an isavvy account with $500 balance since Jan 2020 (Feb ADB is $500). My HSBC EGA stepup promo ends 31 Mar, so Apr i just FAST the money into isavvy from HSBC to qualify for 1.75%? No need to go maybank branch to sign any promotion enrolment form to qualify for 1.75%

bigrooster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are we able to cancel this account without physically going to the branch? Thanks.

Better go to the branch.

I tried to call their hotline - was told high traffic and told to use chat or secured email.

I opened the chat - was shown that chat was "temporarily" not available.

I sent a secured email - no reply for two business days.

Just in case they charge you for fall-below fee after you emptied your account prior to proper account closure (shittyBank is capable of doing this type of BS, especially recently), I suggest you go to the branch to close account and withdraw your balance.

Do note that any account balance must be withdrawn either in cash or in cashier's order; no splitting between cash and CO.

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better go to the branch.

I tried to call their hotline - was told high traffic and told to use chat or secured email.

I opened the chat - was shown that chat was "temporarily" not available.

I sent a secured email - no reply for two business days.

Just in case they charge you for fall-below fee after you emptied your account prior to proper account closure (shittyBank is capable of doing this type of BS, especially recently), I suggest you go to the branch to close account and withdraw your balance.

Do note that any account balance must be withdrawn either in cash or in cashier's order; no splitting between cash and CO.

Oic, thanks for your advise. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.