How does LTA assign vehicle plate no to cars?

santa_edmw

Banned
Reaction score
Issit after registering your vehicle with LTA or after you secure COE?

So assuming now newest plate is SMT.

for me i have already secure COE in early march. but my car can only collect after may. would they use SMT (since I already secure COE)? Or would they use newer no plates like SMU or SMV once I collect my car after May?

giraffey

Reaction score

for me i have already secure COE in early march. but my car can only collect after may. would they use SMT (since I already secure COE)? Or would they use newer no plates like SMU or SMV once I collect my car after May?

Number is given in random based on the range when the car is registered. The link is shared by an earlier poster. When the coe was obtained does not affect the reg no

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Coe is independent of car plate number . SE will call you an notify you of car plate number issued 1-2weeks before collection

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score

Wonder wad after SYZ plate ...SZ is for rental.. so Y is the last liao.. probably another 30~40yrs to use up..

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coe validity is between 3 to 6 months. It mean u have up to 6 months to get in register for your new car. Once registered with LTA. Then u get your car playenumber. A good SE will register your new car 1 or 2 days before collection. To register 2 weeks before pass to customer. That is really A n a l.

santa_edmw

Banned
Reaction score
Coe validity is between 3 to 6 months. It mean u have up to 6 months to get in register for your new car. Once registered with LTA. Then u get your car playenumber. A good SE will register your new car 1 or 2 days before collection. To register 2 weeks before pass to customer. That is really A n a l.

Is there any issues if dealer register 2 weeks before passing to us? wats the diff register 2 days before and 2 weeks?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any issues if dealer register 2 weeks before passing to us? wats the diff register 2 days before and 2 weeks?
You lose 14 days of COE if register 2 weeks before.

2 days before, you lose only 2 days.

Some argue that price of COE is 10 years, 2 weeks loss is fine. To me, it isn't, my car depreciated for 2 weeks sitting in dealer's warehouse instead of me driving it.

Both my rides were registered 1 day prior to collection not days or weeks before. Unless a rebate was offered earlier. My friend registered his much earlier and they gave him a better price to negate the loss of use.

iceraider

Reaction score
If e agent reg n tell u collect two weeks later. Better ask for compensation or freebies.

Normally, 1-3days u shld get ur car after reg

-nyox-

Master Member
Reaction score
I followed the allocation range on LTA website and asked my SE to register the car when it's within a certain range. Not accurate at all 🤣 still got a nice number nonetheless.

My friend told me that the SE has a few numbers to choose from to allocate to your car? Not sure how accurate.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score

definitely won't be SMT.
SMU more like it. else the 1xxx or 2xxx of SMV

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
I followed the allocation range on LTA website and asked my SE to register the car when it's within a certain range. Not accurate at all 🤣 still got a nice number nonetheless.

My friend told me that the SE has a few numbers to choose from to allocate to your car? Not sure how accurate.

on hand could be bidded number or your car did not specific the chasis number then they have registered a few to allocate.

santa_edmw

Banned
Reaction score

Some argue that price of COE is 10 years, 2 weeks loss is fine. To me, it isn't, my car depreciated for 2 weeks sitting in dealer's warehouse instead of me driving it.

Both my rides were registered 1 day prior to collection not days or weeks before. Unless a rebate was offered earlier. My friend registered his much earlier and they gave him a better price to negate the loss of use.

means if they register 2 weeks before, why didnt they ask us to collect asap? then 2 weeks car is there but not driven. wasted lol

sacrificium

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They can register on the day itself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.