Safe to go Japan now

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canada will not send athletes to Tokyo Olympics

The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) and Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC) are also calling for the games to be postponed by one year.

shoganai :s22:

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japan's denial of the problem (evident from their stance on Olympics) will ultimately have an impact on our travel claims..

ANA still only allow refunds / rebooks up till travel date of end April. They taking a very short term horizon to give every chance of the Olympics happening. SQ has already extended that to end May. To think I actually paid more for ANA.

Understandable, but frustrating for us.

lovejersey

Reaction score
Japan's denial of the problem (evident from their stance on Olympics) will ultimately have an impact on our travel claims..

ANA still only allow refunds / rebooks up till travel date of end April. They taking a very short term horizon to give every chance of the Olympics happening. SQ has already extended that to end May. To think I actually paid more for ANA.

Understandable, but frustrating for us.

At least ANA allows refund. Sq die die don't give refund. Want you to book by 31 mar 2021 to same/another location (and with a backlog of so many rebooking , ticket is going to be expensive). Tried searching for fall and winter dates the fares are all 2x what I paid for.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
let it go lah....my frd cancel lost 1k++ for family of 4 also like tat
life goes on.....

ShinigamiX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sigh..... even though my flight is in July to Okinawa
doesnt look great.... fml :(

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least ANA allows refund. Sq die die don't give refund. Want you to book by 31 mar 2021 to same/another location (and with a backlog of so many rebooking , ticket is going to be expensive). Tried searching for fall and winter dates the fares are all 2x what I paid for.

Oh I didn't know SQ is just a date change. Tough luck.

lovejersey

Reaction score
I think if Ana, can call Japan office toll free? Not like you book sq, you try to reach Singapore office?

eleutheromania

Reaction score
I think if Ana, can call Japan office toll free? Not like you book sq, you try to reach Singapore office?

Most airlines have contact nbrs and offices at major cities.

SQJAPAN.jpg

SQJAPAN2.jpg

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
USA also got human rights plus guns to shoot gov also no issue enforcing

Italy, uk initially has issues but still lock down,

Last edited:

SpecialSG

Reaction score
Now Press conference. Locking down

Advise people to work from home, not go out during weekend

not to go out at night.

not to go overseas but then japan got human rights can advise but not sure can enforce or not.

Why 100 plus cases already need lockdown? Lockdown also have serious impacts as well

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why 100 plus cases already need lockdown? Lockdown also have serious impacts as well

if those those infected people go to shinjuku station and cough... u can have more than 2million people affected in 14days

shinjuku human traffic is damn scary*around 2million passengers per day

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who doesn't want to stay at home?

most of the time, those working sick is coz of the bosses..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.