Safe to go Japan now

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if those those infected people go to shinjuku station and cough... u can have more than 2million people affected in 14days

shinjuku human traffic is damn scary*around 2million passengers per day

Today not sure has 2M per day

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m a bit confused now. I had two one way awards for which I filled in the online form requesting rebooking on certain date(s) otherwise to redeposit miles.

After a few days SQ got back to me by email saying this: “May we let you know, your ticket has been cancelled and kept open for future use.”

and then later on in the email “If you wish to cancel the booking as per the fare conditions, you may log in to ”Manage booking” on our website www.singaporeair.com to initiate refund.“

When I login to my KF account via the app, clicking on manage booking just throws an error message “At least one of the flights on your itinerary has been changed. Our reservations office will be in touch with you soon to make arrangements for your new flights. For urgent assistance, get in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office.”

How should I proceed? If I need to call in to try and rebook the tickets to a future date, it defeats the purpose entirely of using the online form in the first place. I’d much rather them just redeposit the miles then I can do my own waitlisting for multiple flights, but I don’t want to incur the usd75 redeposit fee (which I assumed would be waived, but now I’m not so sure now according to the language they used in their email).
After a few back and forths, with the JP krisflyer desk for my NRT-SIN redemption:

1. They refuse to open any additional award space for rebooking. No space = no book.
2. That means that I practically can’t rebook at all cos NRT-SIN SQ637 is new suites now and has no flights with 2 saver award.
3. So they agreed to redeposit my miles and waive redeposit fee.

SIN-NRT one no news from the KF ppl. Probably they are still super swamped.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now Japan imposes restrictions on Singapore.

Although can enter Japan but need quarantine 14 days

luishoon

Reaction score
They just met today. going to ban another 21 countries.
also Abe is saying its a national disaster.
He might invoke the state of emergency law.

KyushuWoozy

Reaction score
How's the situation there now? Still no masks to buy?

I was out driving around a few places, hunting cherry blossom yesterday and did onsen. Everything pretty normal, restaurants and shops etc all open. Not many people around due to almost zero tourists here now, it was weekday and raining. I can't get masks but think you can if you queue (I haven't tried because we still have stock of masks anyway). This is report from Kyushu, in my prefecture (Fukuoka) only 6 reported cases (data from March 25) but seen on TV it's getting more serious in Tokyo. Anyway, no tourists will come just to stay hotel self-quarantine for 14 days.

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Does JAL give refund?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 7 using GAGT

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/inter/200127_02/index.html

Tickets issued by Japan Airlines starting with '131' with following conditions:

All flights to / from Japan

1. Departure date
From February 28, 2020 (Friday) to April 30, 2020 (Thursday)

2. Date of Purchase
- Boarding between February 28, 2020 (Friday) and March 19, 2020 (Thursday).
*Tickets issued on/before February 28, 2020 (Friday) inclusive of above eligible flights for reservation change or refund after February 29, 2020 (Saturday).
- Boarding between March 20, 2020 (Friday) and April 5, 2020 (Sunday).
*Tickets issued on/before March 6, 2020 (Friday) inclusive of above eligible flights for reservation change or refund after March 6, 2020 (Friday).
- Boarding between April 6 2020 (Monday) and April 30, 2020 (Thursday).
*Reservation change or refund after March 18, 2020 (Wednesday).

In response to the immigration restriction of each country, change/refund of JAL international tickets will be handled regardless of date of purchase.

Last edited:

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Friends in Japan said that people in Japan are not practicing Social Distancing.

Won't be surprised if some cities go into lockdown soon.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway human need to learn the hard way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tokyo mayor ask folks to stay at home this weekend. some malls have agreed to comply as well.

SpecialSG

Reaction score
I was out driving around a few places, hunting cherry blossom yesterday and did onsen. Everything pretty normal, restaurants and shops etc all open. Not many people around due to almost zero tourists here now, it was weekday and raining. I can't get masks but think you can if you queue (I haven't tried because we still have stock of masks anyway). This is report from Kyushu, in my prefecture (Fukuoka) only 6 reported cases (data from March 25) but seen on TV it's getting more serious in Tokyo. Anyway, no tourists will come just to stay hotel self-quarantine for 14 days.

I flew from kix to fuk wanting to take a flight via kul to return to sg. Apperently that got cancelled , i book a flight from NRT , high chance will get cancelled also. Any way of returning to sg ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.