CCNA certified

lanzhu60

Reaction score
Hi guys , I'm considering to do a mid career change and get myself CCNA certified . Noticed now there's some changes to the course , wherby I just need to take Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) v1.0 follow by the exam 200 -301 to get myself CCNA certified right ?

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , I'm considering to do a mid career change and get myself CCNA certified . Noticed now there's some changes to the course , wherby I just need to take Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) v1.0 follow by the exam 200 -301 to get myself CCNA certified right ?

:s22: Mid career change, get something more in demand. Something strong. CCIE is best, but CCNP okok plus CISSP.

CCNA can get 2k to 3k job range only. Need more to feed family.

angy

Reaction score
Forget about all these and that Cisco certification. They are so 90s where everyone is a Cisco certified blah blah blah.

Cisco is already struggling today. Their box is so expensive. Their SD-WAN solution that they acquired from Viptela are becoming so expensive that the idea of a Cisco SD-WAN is thrown out the window.

If you really want to move to the IT world, trying doing something about cloud computing, like AWS, Azure, Office 365 migration from legacy network or even Salesforce. Just to migrate the old PABX, Centrex or IP Centrex to Skype for Business and Microsoft Team is an upgrade task already.

Forget about wanting hardware/network certification, it is old news. Focus on cloud based integration, that is where the money is.

Last edited:

darkmilk

Reaction score
Forget about all these and that Cisco certification. They are so 90s where everyone is a Cisco certified blah blah blah.

Cisco is already struggling today. Their box is so expensive. Their SD-WAN solution that they acquired from Viptela are becoming so expensive that the idea of a Cisco SD-WAN is thrown out the window.

If you really want to move to the IT world, trying doing something about cloud computing, like AWS, Azure, Office 365 migration from legacy network or even Salesforce. Just to migrate the old PABX, Centrex or IP Centrex to Skype for Business and Microsoft Team is an upgrade task already.

Forget about wanting hardware/network certification, it is old news. Focus on cloud based integration, that is where the money is.
Hi, to focus on cloud based integration, what do you recommend for a start??

angy

Reaction score
Hi, to focus on cloud based integration, what do you recommend for a start??

AWS, Azure and maybe Salesforce

if you can master any of these three, there will be plenty of jobs worldwide and Singapore. With the recent covid 19, both AWS and Azure and quickly expanding their rack space in DC to cater for the increase in data for people WFH. Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business do not just happen, there are cloud integration to do to get company moving. Imagine, a simple Windows 10 Implementation through the cloud, is a mammoth task already.

Salesforce integration from front end to back end, is also a mammoth task. Some companies swear by it and some company staff hated it. Like it or not, there is no other CRM as popular like Salesforce.

Last edited:

lanzhu60

Reaction score

if you can master any of these three, there will be plenty of jobs worldwide and Singapore. With the recent covid 19, both AWS and Azure and quickly expanding their rack space in DC to cater for the increase in data for people WFH. Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business do not just happen, there are cloud integration to do to get company moving. Imagine, a simple Windows 10 Implementation through the cloud, is a mammoth task already.

Salesforce integration from front end to back end, is also a mammoth task. Some companies swear by it and some company staff hated it. Like it or not, there is no other CRM as popular like Salesforce.

Thanks for all these info . But for a person with no cert in IT , seems azure, AWS etc required some foundation in terms of those courses I saw . Wher can a newbie start off frm ?

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What were you doing previously and what sort of fundamental it skills do you have?

IMO, all it takes is going Udemy to look at the courses there, self study can pass the certification at basic / foundation level, even associate.

But if you rely on pure certification, it will be tough. If you are starting from zero, I think it is actually good to take general foundational cert first like MTA, before moving to more specific certs.

orhanzi

Master Member
Reaction score

Is knowledge of programming needed for this career path?

paper82

Reaction score
Is it really so junk?

They even simulate the exam environment for you to practice ( With question and answer explanation ).

Better learn others that require real skill .

Networking path is congested ... how can we compete with those FT easily get 2-3 CCIE ?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.