Resident Evil 3 (Remake)

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know how to force this game to start at 1920x1080? i think it tries to start at 4k which cause my tv screen to blank off

Rogue

Reaction score
yeah did tried that but don't work for me. tried also alt-tab config ini etc, just not going to try installing c++/vc distributable lest it mess up other working games.

gave it liao lolz

Then manually edit the config file, located in the subfolder where you install the game. https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_3_(2020) to force a windowed mode.

Also I remember there's a tool called CRU where you can create or edit a proper EDID for a display. Make sure you know your TV specs real well as some TVs don't follow generic requirements(monitors have their generic inf) so a custom one is needed for software to work within its boundaries...

Last edited:

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks … i did try in windowed mode, it start in window then blank off again

anyway already remove but will try the CRU sometime. becoz somehow geforce experience detects device as 4k native & optimized all games in 4k, which is an issue if gaming on current TV. so i need to force it to 1080p native.

Then manually edit the config file, located in the subfolder where you install the game. https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_3_(2020) to force a windowed mode.

Also I remember there's a tool called CRU where you can create or edit a proper EDID for a display. Make sure you know your TV specs real well as some TVs don't follow generic requirements(monitors have their generic inf) so a custom one is needed for software to work within its boundaries...

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried CRU managed to remove 4k, so now with FHD native, geforce experience optimization still showing optimize resolution @ 4K or 1440p (don't even have this mode listed)! crap!

Morugana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are the remakes fun?

I tried re2 remake cannot even get past tutorial.too boring

Rogue

Reaction score
tried CRU managed to remove 4k, so now with FHD native, geforce experience optimization still showing optimize resolution @ 4K or 1440p (don't even have this mode listed)! crap!

Remove geforce profile for the game or uninstall geforce now or previously cached configuration data.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried remove & add back game profile in geforce, doesn't help. not going to try uninstalling.

did try connecting up to fhd monitor & it would show optimize resolution at fhd.

i guess leave it for now, just need to disable auto-optimization
Remove geforce profile for the game or uninstall geforce now or previously cached configuration data.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.