[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
This sounds dumb. Have any of you tried feeding mosquito larvae to your fishes before?

I have a plastic container, flat and wide (those microwave type) which I left some anacharis plants lying flat with water inside. $1 a cup from LFS cant finish lor, so dont waste. Few days later I shocked to see a few larvae moving inside the water. I took a few to feed my guppies, then pour the rest away. The guppies dart up instantly and eat lor.

By right, its considered nutrient for fish bah. Right?

Yes you can just rmb to tell your family about it if not nea come GG

Last edited:

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
reminds everyone... if office got aquariums... perhaps a good idea to invest in a automatic food feeder... just in case...

If the company gonna be closed for some time do a huge water change and replace/wash the filter pads

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
reminds everyone... if office got aquariums... perhaps a good idea to invest in a automatic food feeder... just in case...

I strongly against this.
fish won't die without feeding for about 2 weeks but more likely of dying without water change esp if the uneaten food foul the water and the auto feeder still keep dropping the food.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I strongly against this.
fish won't die without feeding for about 2 weeks but more likely of dying without water change esp if the uneaten food foul the water and the auto feeder still keep dropping the food.

The facebook video might suggest otherwise? U see some of those tanks some fishes are still alive even though some of the fishes are decomposing inside Over a period of 2 months... perhaps the filters are good enough and the BB managed to stabilize the parameters over the months...

Anyway... maybe set the feeder to min feeding amount... not too much to foul the water...and not too little to starve the fish if no feed for more than 2 week...

yoyokid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the company gonna be closed for some time do a huge water change and replace/wash the filter pads
Partial water change is ok...

.. but never ever wash the filter pads... as the resident bacteria is too valuable to be washed away... :s8:.

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
Partial water change is ok...

.. but never ever wash the filter pads... as the resident bacteria is too valuable to be washed away... :s8:.

I say wash the pad not media..

there's BB in the media it's ok to wash the pad by using the tank water

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah dun feed else water foul or food stuck over feeder malfunction over feed if using OHF later pad clogged

I strongly against this.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I say wash the pad not media..

there's BB in the media it's ok to wash the pad by using the tank water
I go overseas 10 days or so
I just wash The prefilter pad with tap water and have another set to replace at 5-6 days.

Minimal feeding or else once everg 3-4 days

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That video only noN aro left is the tiger fish (surprised) and the black berry hook

The setup seems like corner down flow to sump In blocks with auto top up with aged water from top

If there was power trip it is the final nail in coffin

Therefore apart from food , water last thing is electricity but unless invest in those power supply a normal acdc can last 48-72 hrs mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.