OLA EC @ Anchorvale

frigatex

Reaction score
Yes, launch was 1450 to 1778 psf (given in second link below)... somehow the 1650/ 1700 stuck with me till today.. still remembered the most expensive ocr at that time

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/bullish-prices-for-jurong-condo-launch

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.asiaone.com/jurong-east-condo-almost-sold-out-launch-day%3famp

Average of 1480psf with upper range 1778 psf, is not the same as 1480 to 1778psf?

In before someone comes in calling it "fake news", though probably such calls are made only against optimists.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Average of 1480psf with upper range 1778 psf, is not the same as 1480 to 1778psf?

In before someone comes in calling it "fake news", though probably such calls are made only against optimists.

Which project did you hoot Mr Frigatex? Congratulations!

Unfortunately its only the hot-head optimists/ property agents spreading "fake news" here. However no fake news detected today (or more like can't be bothered to check.)

Also, strange that we are writing about j-gateway and d1 in OLA thread. :s22:

xerces

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually i don't get why is there even a debate to begin with. OLA is definitely overvalue in today context. Ultimately all the new launch imo is just to see who is the bigger sucker or hot potato game. I really dont buy the agent BS posting here that claim people buy with feeling or aesthetic, which probably cost u 20% more compare to resale condo. 20% of 1 mill is 200k.
I mean agent are agent, their duty is to hype up the market and entice people to buy, its their job.
The developer overpaid for this project and they minimally want at least 30% on top of the bidding price to overcome the cost and gain some profit.
I hope buyer consider carefully as 5 yrs down the road, u need to find a bigger suker that is willing to pay 1400-1500 psf to even make it worthwhile selling. And these suker must be PR or Sporeans since its EC.
Things could get really ugly if this corona virus last for 1 yr. I hope buyer DYODD before buying.
Meanwhile bto beside the condo only cost what, 350 psf, even though i know its not apple to apple, but this is just silly.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, there’ll always be a price gap between new launches and resale. When the gap gets too wide, resale prices will then increase to narrow it (since both will be resale some day) it’s just a matter of how wide can the gap go before it reflects in resale pricing.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/new-resale-home-psf-price-gap-widens-to-40-in-2019

In 2019, new homes in the core central region (CCR) averaged S$2,953 per sq ft (psf), 40 per cent more than resale units' average of S$2,105 psf. The price gap yawned further for homes in the outside central region (OCR): new homes price reached S$1,447 psf, 43 per cent more against S$1,014 psf for resale units.

Covid-19 notwithstanding, with interest rates plunging, the spread is likely to expand even more this year.
According to Seth,
Resale to increase up to 40% to narrow the gap? :s13:
Then should buy resale to earn that 40% right?

Power la bro.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually i don't get why is there even a debate to begin with. OLA is definitely overvalue in today context. Ultimately all the new launch imo is just to see who is the bigger sucker or hot potato game. I really dont buy the agent BS posting here that claim people buy with feeling or aesthetic, which probably cost u 20% more compare to resale condo. 20% of 1 mill is 200k.
I mean agent are agent, their duty is to hype up the market and entice people to buy, its their job.
The developer overpaid for this project and they minimally want at least 30% on top of the bidding price to overcome the cost and gain some profit.
I hope buyer consider carefully as 5 yrs down the road, u need to find a bigger suker that is willing to pay 1400-1500 psf to even make it worthwhile selling. And these suker must be PR or Sporeans since its EC.
Things could get really ugly if this corona virus last for 1 yr. I hope buyer DYODD before buying.
Meanwhile bto beside the condo only cost what, 350 psf, even though i know its not apple to apple, but this is just silly.

Ah gong gives so much $, especially to F&Bs. Was at Compass One basement and people still queuing for food.
The multiplier effect may actually push property prices higher despite the virus thing.

Anyway for Ola, even $1k psf is not worth just because it is beside hospital. But I poor man cannot afford, say say talk talk lim kopi can liao.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IJhWZLm.jpg

frigatex

Reaction score
Which project did you hoot Mr Frigatex? Congratulations!

Unfortunately its only the hot-head optimists/ property agents spreading "fake news" here. However no fake news detected today (or more like can't be bothered to check.)

Also, strange that we are writing about j-gateway and d1 in OLA thread. :s22:

Mr/Ms Hola (god knows which is real), a fake news spotter needs neutrality right? Well unless of course you have an agenda, which doesn't make you any different from those you're trying to distinguish.

And yes, we are detracting from the thread topic.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Mr/Ms Hola (god knows which is real), a fake news spotter needs neutrality right? Well unless of course you have an agenda, which doesn't make you any different from those you're trying to distinguish.

I am very neutral and only report facts. For the bulls, they may think otherwise. THey may even think all the negative news flashing on their screens from ST/FT/Bloomberg these day are biased. :s22:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like the gap is widening and its driven by new launch pricing. Unlike what agent seth is selling, I do feel there is more room for new launch to "catch down". Read every post here with caution, (including mine).

Not to forget economic is going down. Even Singapore is expecting -4% to -1% growth. Need not to say about rest of the world.

The market is pending for correction and adjustment for a long time. Question is how long this adjustment will last!

Last edited:

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah, agents are always there to push prices north.

Then, this virus may very well change how in future we work. If we work more from home, people might prefer to buy a residence that is more ATAS? :s13: (as long as they don't over leverage)

Reaction score

So let’s get back to thread topic
How many % of the 548 units sold so far?
What’s the dropout rate?

SethNg

Reaction score
Looks like the gap is widening and its driven by new launch pricing. Unlike what agent seth is selling, I do feel there is more room for new launch to "catch down". Read every post here with caution, (including mine).
Thanks for helping me promote, don't think i've sold anything here though. (maybe you mistook some other agent's words as mine/or had past experiences leading to prejudice against all)

And yes, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of 'catching down', we've seen dips during SARS/GFC etc it's all dependent on how this situation progress.

PS: Do feel free to PM me which of my posts are 'sales-talk' like(i'll take note of it, for real) :D we can discuss there instead of spamming this thread meant for OLA, Cheers!

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me promote, don't think i've sold anything here though. (maybe you mistook some other agent's words as mine/or had past experiences leading to prejudice against all)

And yes, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of 'catching down', we've seen dips during SARS/GFC etc it's all dependent on how this situation progress.

PS: Do feel free to PM me which of my posts are 'sales-talk' like(i'll take note of it, for real) :D we can discuss there instead of spamming this thread meant for OLA, Cheers!

Its alright, I know thats your job. Just feel free to continue selling here, but don't go overboard.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.