Air purifier? - Part 2

class

Reaction score
My son has cough and phelgms very often.

He sweats a lot at night and my wife lets him sleep in an air con room.

Does an air purifier help in this case?

what about a humidifier?

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dyson - we got it at home and good like fan! Cooling bro!

Is it good as a fan? Actually the purifier function to me is secondary.

Im more interested in it cos of its aesthetics. But i need to circulate a huge room air. Not interested in vornado cos its noisy and hard to clean

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

what about a humidifier?

I feel that an air purifier will be more ideal

karlgantry

Reaction score
Repost MPPS concept of filtration again.....
Some pax are still not getting this concept correct and saying that N95 masks cannot filter viruses. (same goes for HEPA)

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/409903O/respiratory-protection-against-biohazards.pdf

Very large particles (< 100 μm) in slow moving airstreams may settle out due to gravity. However, most respirable particles are too small for this mechanism. Respirable particles above 0.6 μm in diameter are typically captured efficiently by interception and inertial impaction. Inertial impaction occurs when a particle cannot follow an air streamline around a fiber because of its inertia and instead impacts into the fiber. In the interception mechanism, the particle holds to the streamline, but that streamline will naturally bring the particle close enough to come in contact with the fiber.

In contrast, diffusion is typically very efficient for particles smaller than 0.1 μm. Random movements of air molecules collide with these very small particles and cause them to wander across streamlines until they come in contact with a fiber. Because of the various mechanisms by which particulate filtration occurs, the smallest particles are typically not the most difficult to filter. Most particulate filters have a region of lower filtration efficiency somewhere between 0.05-0.5 μm.

Particles in this range are large enough to be less effectively pushed around by diffusion, but small enough to be less effectively captured by interception or impaction. The most penetrating particle size (MPPS) will depend on the filter media, air flow, and
electrostatic charge on the particle. Filters that use electrostatic attraction may have a MPPS shifted to a slightly smaller size range.

Filtration efficiencies of six different commercially available US N95 filtering facepiece respirators as tested by 3M are shown in the left side of Figure 1. (Previous research has shown that for 3M products, European FFP2 respirators have equivalent or
better filtration efficiency in tests representative of health care environments.) Averaged filtration efficiencies are shown as a function of different sized sodium chloride particles at a flow rate of 85 liters per minute.

zn9BmAP.jpg

While there was variability between different samples of the same respirator model, and between different models, the MPPS included particles with a diameter between 0.04 and 0.1 μm. As seen in Figure 1, particles that are smaller or larger than the MPPS are captured with higher filtration efficiency. Filtration via diffusion (most noticeable for particles smaller than 0.1 μm) actually increases as particle size decreases. Other research has confirmed that filter efficiency increases with decreasing particle size, even for particles as small as 0.003 μm (much smaller than that of virus).

A size distribution from a sneeze is shown on the right side of Figure 1.23 It should be noted that most of the droplet nuclei are larger than the MPPS. In other words, droplet nuclei that may contain microorganisms will be filtered with high efficiency by these respirators.

8CxhNvJ.jpg

Bonus

400px-Filteration_Collection_Mechanisms.png

Bh6J06eBiczIckI7QFC0QOIdKcJNO3UQZdivYHCdEjV-HkkZTOk9hQW3qzWFXiKFam7EX7GcgGOlJF9gpzbmN5f92D4t9KBq3RFMYFiXZNgnIhcMG7wYGF6px_n-Mj6UQVTEE5V6KgbaxVw4TuRMCQ-Zaeb5DYEIpBTTzGw9MugL

Very helpful! Thank you bro! I read it again.

zhengwen89

Reaction score
I am currently using the Philips GoPure GP 7101! Bought from Shopee at $239 and can get cheaper if got voucher or coins. I would say not pricey for an air purifier and size is very compact! If you don't want to get something so pricey, then can opt for this or the Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2S. My sister is using the Xiaomi Air Purifier and she says its really good. With the circuit breaker now, good to shop online then don't have to go out haha! Anyway, hope this helps bro!

TonyStark

Master Member
Reaction score
my xiaomi 2s only appear in mi home app when i use sg server but does not appear when i use china server.

anyone have same issue?

shichuanhua

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My 2s only appear in China region... All my other product in SG region -_- so troublesome

dashberlin

Reaction score
hi all,

I'm looking to buy the xiaomi AP 3H but 1 thing is bugging me is, does anybody know if the internal fan blade will get dusty over time and if there is a way to dismantle it to clean the internal fan blade? any advise is much appreciated. TIA

Oxygenatedwater

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I'm looking to buy the xiaomi AP 3H but 1 thing is bugging me is, does anybody know if the internal fan blade will get dusty over time and if there is a way to dismantle it to clean the internal fan blade? any advise is much appreciated. TIA

bump for this question also

keigo22

Reaction score
the design look the same as the old model many years back, which I'm still using it. The old model the fan motor is make in japan. The current model no idea.

But so far it work well and you can easily find the hepa filter in taobao.

l.o.c.o

Reaction score
thank u for the prompt respone! the old model u referring to is ax40 im guessing? cause i read through the past posts on these thread and it was mentioned most of the time

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about a humidifier?

IMHO.
Depends on age group. Below 6 ?
Cough and phlegm -> Less sweet drinks e.g. Ribena. Organic apples.
Sweat -> Head or body? Drink more milk i.e. calcium

Well, humidifier provides a constant environment which maybe helpful. :D

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 2s only appear in China region... All my other product in SG region -_- so troublesome

I reconfigure all my devices into China server so now all appear in the app. Even those devices not available on SG server like my Fengmi projector also can add.

So far no loss in functionality

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I reconfigure all my devices into China server so now all appear in the app. Even those devices not available on SG server like my Fengmi projector also can add.

So far no loss in functionality

So can i reconfigure my smartmi dc fan to china(mainland) as well?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.