If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

yamashita

Reaction score
My Omega started peeling and once it starts, it won't stop until the entire PU is gone.

Got a trade-in deal with a local firm which has similar adjustment mechanism as Secret Labs. They are quite confident on the quality of their PU and I had placed order for one.

Will share some photos once it's delivered.

Vulpix

Reaction score
My Omega started peeling and once it starts, it won't stop until the entire PU is gone.

Got a trade-in deal with a local firm which has similar adjustment mechanism as Secret Labs. They are quite confident on the quality of their PU and I had placed order for one.

Will share some photos once it's delivered.
Nice! I placed an order for the Haworth Fern, but delivery is like 7-8 weeks later. :(

ZeroX

Reaction score
Why are people still buying this brand when a Haworth Souji is like 5xx?

Haworth chairs are shi* LOL. I’ve been using them in my office for nearly 10 years now. Always got problems. Handrest material peeling. Back support break. Low quality for high price.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Haworth chairs are shi* LOL. I’ve been using them in my office for nearly 10 years now. Always got problems. Handrest material peeling. Back support break. Low quality for high price.
My Zody has been fine, handrest material peeling but when I call they come over and replace. Back support still fine even after 10 years. I guess I'm lucky? The Fern handrest is definitely different material, feels similar to the Steelcase one.

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giving away free gaming chair :s13:

mvooHbT.jpg

Wah, just reupholster it!!

ecomoda

Reaction score
Can check with you guys,

Bought my Black Omega PU leather Oct 18(Still under warranty).

Now start peeling liao.. they told me replacement need charge $49.90. If i dismantle and send back self collection they can waive off. Under warranty still need to pay ah? Worst they ask me wait until July..

So i guess just chuck the chair aside and wait for July? The peeling flakes really driving me nuts liao..

Help :(

yamashita

Reaction score
Can check with you guys,

Bought my Black Omega PU leather Oct 18(Still under warranty).

Now start peeling liao.. they told me replacement need charge $49.90. If i dismantle and send back self collection they can waive off. Under warranty still need to pay ah? Worst they ask me wait until July..

So i guess just chuck the chair aside and wait for July? The peeling flakes really driving me nuts liao..

Help :(

If you have a backup chair, go ahead and use it while waiting for the replacement to take place in July. If not, you can consider one of the workaround shared by another forumer - put a seat cushion so as to minimise skin contact with the peeling PU leather.

For myself, it's the only chair I have and I am waiting for my customised Royale chair to arrive. Everyday I will vacuum the PU leather peelings off my floor.

For those considering Secretlab, there's better brands out there. Just scroll through this thread.

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm considering to get the softweave version. Anyone knows what are the disadvantages other than it absorbs water and sweat. Is it easy to clean?

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm considering to get the softweave version. Anyone knows what are the disadvantages other than it absorbs water and sweat. Is it easy to clean?

I use the softweave version and to date (almost 9 months now), everything seems to be the same as they day I got it. Softweave is like cloth interior for cars. So as long as you do not have kids sitting on the chair with food or drinks, you should be fine. Softweave is absorbent material so have to be careful and usually just wipe down with a cloth and warm water every fortnight.

One other thing about softweave is that it is a warm material so if you have no aircon on, the seat might make you feel warmer than usual. But of course if aircon environment, it is just nice even if the room is cold since the seat acts like a slight warmer.

danoob

Reaction score
wow. secret lab is a joke. my 80 buxs racing from qoo10 (i suspect its pu leather) also never rot like this.

edit: bought it 5 years ago.

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have a backup chair, go ahead and use it while waiting for the replacement to take place in July. If not, you can consider one of the workaround shared by another forumer - put a seat cushion so as to minimise skin contact with the peeling PU leather.

For myself, it's the only chair I have and I am waiting for my customised Royale chair to arrive. Everyday I will vacuum the PU leather peelings off my floor.

For those considering Secretlab, there's better brands out there. Just scroll through this thread.

also got customised Royale to upholstery for my Secret Lab Titan, Secret Lab material really cannot last, Royale quality is indeed better, hope can last 5 years

delfina

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wrote to them about the peeling issue. They reply that they will replaced the seat base and back rest complimentary with a service fees of $49.00. Requested to replace with the fabric type which was rejected. Anyway was told the parts will only be ready in June/July.

Posted from PCWX using Note 10+

If need to pay $49 still considered complementary? :(

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I've been using Titan Softweave since Nov '18 and it's still as good. No peeling, lol. I'm using the below cleaner for the seat.

host an image

rEe_TaN

Master Member
Reaction score
So my wife bought me a surprise bday gift with a Omega Stealth Series chair.. I dont know what to say as im not a fan of gaming chair with PU because my room its not air condition and i know the quality of the secretlab chair..

Now i got the option to refund but they require me to, dismantle and return all items including original packaging? The guy came down and assemble then throw away the box.. And if i know how to dismantle, i wont be bother to ask the guy to assemble for me in the first place. And also with this covid outbreak, its hard to deliver to their location too..

I ask them possible to top up to change to fabric version, they say cannot.. To be honest, they need to be really flexible if they want to retain customers.. zzz

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why are people still buying this brand when a Haworth Souji is like 5xx?
Go where buy haworth?

I'm using Herman Miller SAYL now. Still working very well. But the design don't suit my new house. Want to change.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Go where buy haworth?

I'm using Herman Miller SAYL now. Still working very well. But the design don't suit my new house. Want to change.

Buy direct from Haworth SG, someone got put the contact email of the sales person. I think it's in the other chair thread.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.