Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

android17

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, need your recommendation on where to buy for city bike.

By city bike, I mean just the normal single gear one, must have basket to store stuff when going to the market or coffeeshop, that's all.

As cheap as possible is fine, cos it's gonna be locked downstairs, so dun want to spend too much.

Can get 26" wheel ones rite?

Thanks in advance. :o

mama bikes?

Just go and local bike shop can liao, sure got sell.

wah didnt know mama bikes cost so much in Japan.

Last edited:

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Guys, need your recommendation on where to buy for city bike.

By city bike, I mean just the normal single gear one, must have basket to store stuff when going to the market or coffeeshop, that's all.

As cheap as possible is fine, cos it's gonna be locked downstairs, so dun want to spend too much.

Can get 26" wheel ones rite?

Thanks in advance. :o

If you don't mind the colour, this one may fit your bill. Just ask them to install the basket for you or go to any lbs to get it done.

asjFaq.png

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind the colour, this one may fit your bill. Just ask them to install the basket for you or go to any lbs to get it done.

asjFaq.png

Hey this does look suitable for me. I will get in touch with them. :o

Sunader

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time bike owner, looking to get something mid-range, purpose is for general use + occasional heavier long-distance/off-road use on the weekends.

Budget is around ~1k

Is anyone able to advise if there's something like that?

Was initially looking at foldable bikes due to lightweight and storage aspect, although I'm not sure if it fits my needs well in this case...

Appreciate any advice!

angy

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time bike owner, looking to get something mid-range, purpose is for general use + occasional heavier long-distance/off-road use on the weekends.

Budget is around ~1k

Is anyone able to advise if there's something like that?

Was initially looking at foldable bikes due to lightweight and storage aspect, although I'm not sure if it fits my needs well in this case...

Appreciate any advice!

i am biased toward specialized bike. Here is a good one at 1K
https://www.specialized.com/sg/en/rockhopper-comp-2x/p/173597?color=271727-173597

ClarenceTheGreat

Reaction score
Looking to buy my 1st road bike, I've never rode one before.

Should I go straight for a Shimano 105 groupset, or try out the entry level bikes with the Claris etc first?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.