2018 iPad Pro

LouisLoh

Reaction score
Refurbished set are a good buy. Would recommend getting Apple Care + so that you have worry free for at least 2 years. If possible, get the higher storage. 64GB nowadays are quite little.

Thanks, would definitely consider AC+

just wondering if the refurb unit is a good value at that pricing.

youhsueh

Reaction score
Thanks, would definitely consider AC+

just wondering if the refurb unit is a good value at that pricing.

Definitely a better value with the launch of the new 2020 iPad Pro.

The refurbished store prices for the 2018 iPad Pro have dropped by about $200 (at least for the 11" cellular 256gb)

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Refurbished set are a good buy. Would recommend getting Apple Care + so that you have worry free for at least 2 years. If possible, get the higher storage. 64GB nowadays are quite little.

Most of my stuffs are stored in cloud. And i don't game as much as before. So i think 64gb is sufficient? Hopefully?

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Most of my stuffs are stored in cloud. And i don't game as much as before. So i think 64gb is sufficient? Hopefully?

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

I definitely think 64GB is more than enough for most people.

Unless you are doing video editing or photo editing else I don’t really see how you can fill stuff up to 64GB

nangongjun

Reaction score
DY5Q5QM.jpg

cant wait for the magic keyboard so bought the magic trackpad to test! really fluid the gesture love swiping through my ipad while on my desk. 12.9 mainly used as a secondary screen to my imac using sidecar. now getting more n more capable.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DY5Q5QM.jpg

cant wait for the magic keyboard so bought the magic trackpad to test! really fluid the gesture love swiping through my ipad while on my desk. 12.9 mainly used as a secondary screen to my imac using sidecar. now getting more n more capable.

I'm using the same keyboard case as you for my 11" model but I'll just use a mouse for it at most as I don't use trackpad, neither on my 2015 MBP, and my MBP doesn't support sidecar. =:p

I'm just awaiting to use my spare magic mouse 2 bought some time back, in my office cabinet. Thought might come in handy now with iPadOS 13.4.

nangongjun

Reaction score
I'm using the same keyboard case as you for my 11" model but I'll just use a mouse for it at most as I don't use trackpad, neither on my 2015 MBP, and my MBP doesn't support sidecar. =:p

I'm just awaiting to use my spare magic mouse 2 bought some time back, in my office cabinet. Thought might come in handy now with iPadOS 13.4.

yea the logitech keyboard quite functionable especially the top row commands. i might just skip the expensive ipad magic keyboard now that i bought the trackpad. more utility this magic trackpad since i can pair it with both my mac and ipad. too bad trackpad cant toggle between both devices conveniently.

decided to go for the trackpad coz mouse support still seems to be still not up to standard from what i watched on youtube. need more deskspace to maneuver the mouse n have to keep lifting and repositioning the mouse when navigating.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Nice combo you have there
I’m using the Apple keyboard folio
Don’t find the need for track pad although the new trackpad looks nice

DY5Q5QM.jpg

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea the logitech keyboard quite functionable especially the top row commands. i might just skip the expensive ipad magic keyboard now that i bought the trackpad. more utility this magic trackpad since i can pair it with both my mac and ipad. too bad trackpad cant toggle between both devices conveniently.

decided to go for the trackpad coz mouse support still seems to be still not up to standard from what i watched on youtube. need more deskspace to maneuver the mouse n have to keep lifting and repositioning the mouse when navigating.

So that means cannot adjust the cursor speed, hence the repositioning?

I still prefer mouse and I have a magic mouse 2 used full time with my MBP, though this one has been used for years since it first released.

WangsKy

Reaction score
May I just check that the IPad Pro doesn’t fully support for Magic Trackpad One right? The gesture doesn’t seem to be working.

Lucky_Farmer

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know where to get the best deal for 12.9 64GB? The refurbished option on Apple website is the best but it is currently out of stock.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know where to get the best deal for 12.9 64GB? The refurbished option on Apple website is the best but it is currently out of stock.

If you’re getting a refurbished set, Apple direct is your best bet. If not avail just have to wait or just scout from places like online shopping platforms.

staralliance

Reaction score
Hi There,

Are you getting Cellular or WiFi only for iPad Pro 12.9"?

I understand it's good to have and about $150 different but how much will use over cellular than WiFi especially for 12.9" which mostly will not use on the go while commuting.

I really wants to hear from those who already owned iPad Pro and use it day to day life.

lunarsong

Reaction score
Hi There,

Are you getting Cellular or WiFi only for iPad Pro 12.9"?

I understand it's good to have and about $150 different but how much will use over cellular than WiFi especially for 12.9" which mostly will not use on the go while commuting.

I really wants to hear from those who already owned iPad Pro and use it day to day life.

3-4 years back, when mobile phone plans had limited Data (3-4GB per month), getting a cellular ipad was pretty resonable if you are surfing the internet with the ipad because your mobile plan didnt have enough data to tether.

if you would recalled, it was a common thing that telco will issue a 1 GB SIM card when you register for a fibre broadband plan, which you can use the with the cellular ipad.

fast forward now, mobile plans have WAY higher data compared to in the past. just to take my mobile plan as an example, i have 40GB + free weekend data. i can tether with my ipad and watch youtube on the go without bursting my data. the 1 GB SIM card issued with the Fibre plan is also becoming obsolete, or at best you are limited to 1 GB data.

in my humble opinion, to spend the extra on cellular ipad is not justified now.
you may spend the difference between a cellular and non-cellular ipad on AC+, the apple pencil, or on a good ipad case.

staralliance

Reaction score
3-4 years back, when mobile phone plans had limited Data (3-4GB per month), getting a cellular ipad was pretty resonable if you are surfing the internet with the ipad because your mobile plan didnt have enough data to tether.

if you would recalled, it was a common thing that telco will issue a 1 GB SIM card when you register for a fibre broadband plan, which you can use the with the cellular ipad.

fast forward now, mobile plans have WAY higher data compared to in the past. just to take my mobile plan as an example, i have 40GB + free weekend data. i can tether with my ipad and watch youtube on the go without bursting my data. the 1 GB SIM card issued with the Fibre plan is also becoming obsolete, or at best you are limited to 1 GB data.

in my humble opinion, to spend the extra on cellular ipad is not justified now.
you may spend the difference between a cellular and non-cellular ipad on AC+, the apple pencil, or on a good ipad case.

Thank you for your reply with an explanation.

One more thing to ask is about storage. Should I go for 128GB or 256GB?
My intended usage with the iPad Pro 12.9" will be:
1. Reading and Replying emails.
2. Creating and editing simple PowerPoint files (may need to save on device but not a big files)
3. Viewing excel files (may need to save on device but not a lot too)
4. Netflix and Spotify (current storage usage on the device is 6GB for Spotify and normally Netflix is only when traveling at 2 GB the most)
5. Photo editing (not professional)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.