NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score
Hiii guys,

not sure if this is the right place to ask/post (do direct me to the relevant page/post if this is incorrect, thanks!), but i would like to ask about being an MOE Kindergarten teacher.

1) How are the working hours and job scope like?
2) How is the salary increment and progression like as well? I do have hopes of becoming a DCH eventually, so I am curious how long does it usually take to get there?

Any other related information would be helpful as well! TIA :)

I am already in the EC industry as I love working with kids so really wanna find out more about this prog (and gov seems to be ramping up the hiring of EC educators as well)!

CherKels

Reaction score
anyone know when i can reapply for NIE if i got rejected in this year feb intake?

do i reapply in aug since its 6 months already? or only reapply next year feb? :(

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hiii guys,

not sure if this is the right place to ask/post (do direct me to the relevant page/post if this is incorrect, thanks!), but i would like to ask about being an MOE Kindergarten teacher.

1) How are the working hours and job scope like?
2) How is the salary increment and progression like as well? I do have hopes of becoming a DCH eventually, so I am curious how long does it usually take to get there?

Any other related information would be helpful as well! TIA :)

I am already in the EC industry as I love working with kids so really wanna find out more about this prog (and gov seems to be ramping up the hiring of EC educators as well)!

I think you will be posted to the newer primary schools that have kindergarden inside

Yes there is a lack of EC educators as compared to pri/sec/jc teachers

blwhyy

Reaction score
You mean I have to wait for 6 months before applying again? ( I just got my rejection email today). Don’t know when I can start applying again so that they will consider my application..

b4zabeat

Reaction score
You mean I have to wait for 6 months before applying again? ( I just got my rejection email today). Don’t know when I can start applying again so that they will consider my application..

Wait until last window of the year, around Aug to reapply

arigatoast

Reaction score
applied for PDGE PE, went for interview on 27 March. recvd rejection email today. Lucky thing is i was not asked to go for EPT prior to rejection, otherwise it would be a waste of time.
anyway.... all the best to everybody who got the same fate as me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.