Changing from klipsch promedia GMX 2.1 to Audioengine a5+ is an upgrade or?

zleipnir

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asking for advice :)

Changing from klipsch promedia GMX 2.1 to Audioengine a5+ is an upgrade or status quo or downgrade?

For a 2.0 setup, usually if i turn up the volume i can feel the lack of sub woofer more obvious... not sure if the new ones still have this issue or not.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You get better sound from ~100Hz and higher. But you lose bass volume. Overall, it's an upgrade but you don't get to turn up the bass high high.

You can always use the GMX sub along with the A5+

zleipnir

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You get better sound from ~100Hz and higher. But you lose bass volume. Overall, it's an upgrade but you don't get to turn up the bass high high.

You can always use the GMX sub along with the A5+
haha i have that in mind too! :D

Steve74

Reaction score
sorry to hijack the thread ..i also looking to upgrade my sound system to A5 ..Just a question to ask ...Do i need to purchase a separate dac for it or just connect to the onboard sound ?

zleipnir

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry to hijack the thread ..i also looking to upgrade my sound system to A5 ..Just a question to ask ...Do i need to purchase a separate dac for it or just connect to the onboard sound ?
What do you mean by dac? I saw the specs, it has a 3.5mm jack, suitable for your PC and laptop.

zleipnir

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks all. I got went to get a pair of Klipsch R-51PM and a Sub instead haha

zleipnir

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel like kena carrot by TC ****... cost me SGD899 for the speakers. Plus sub total up to SGD1,598. Bought it in Apr 2020 and now the price is SGD599 :/ 1 year price can drop 300 ****..

What did you pay for the Klipsch?

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
if you've enjoyed it for almost 1 year already, can't say you kena carrot, first adopters usually will pay retail/ premium, that works in almost all cases of purchase.

trupurple

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Audioengine are dam good speakers. Better than my high end speaker cost thousands.
But I worry for its quality. My audioengine (make that A2 and A5) transistor or what blown, sounded muddled, then bass area ripped out. Crap quality

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.