Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liverpool will win Premier League despite coronavirus - UEFA president Ceferin

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has said there is "no way" Liverpool will be denied the opportunity to win the Premier League title this season despite the coronavirus pandemic.

Jurgen Klopp's side were two victories away from securing their first league title since 1990 before the campaign was suspended indefinitely due to the outbreak.

Manchester United defender Luke Shaw has called for the season to be cancelled but Ceferin has said nothing will stop Liverpool from becoming champions.

"I see no way for Liverpool to stay untitled," he told told Slovenian sports daily Ekipa. "If the championship resumes, they will almost certainly win it -- theoretically, it has not yet reached the guaranteed level, but it is practically close.

"However, if it could not be played, it would also be necessary to announce the results in some way and find some key on how the champions should be determined. And, of course, again I do not see a scenario in which that would not be Liverpool.

"I understand that fans will be disappointed if it happens in an empty stadium or even at the green table, but I believe they will win the title one way or another."

Ceferin has said leagues that end early without permission could face a European competitions ban next season.

Belgium became the first European top-tier league to cancel the rest of its season last week with Club Brugge crowned champions.

==========================================

UEFA will wait for Liverpool to be crown English Champion...To those bitter **** who wants to league to be cancelled....hahahahaha

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sadio Mane: Made in Senegal

wonder if Klopp'll be interested in Sarr, if Sadio says come he'll ask when

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope king kenny recover soon

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Last edited:

skrw105

Reaction score
i dreamt about pl would re-start in may.
we would win the next 2 games and become champion...:D

stay safe and healthy, fellows.

firesnake4913

Reaction score
Mane reportedly wants Liverpool to move for his £18 million-rated centre-back international teammate, Ousseynou Ba.

Another teammate, Boubakary Soumare, the Lille midfielder, who has been linked with the Reds over the course of the last week or so.

Senegal spine?

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mane reportedly wants Liverpool to move for his £18 million-rated centre-back international teammate, Ousseynou Ba.

Another teammate, Boubakary Soumare, the Lille midfielder, who has been linked with the Reds over the course of the last week or so.

Senegal spine?

Never heard of the two of them before

darrentsh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZUp2BwR.jpg

dylxPZW.jpg

yunie_

Reaction score
"Liverpool goalkeeper Karius tells Hertha: I need to feel wanted"

"The most important thing for me is that the club absolutely wants me, has a clear vision and that both sides have the absolute will to achieve something."

This is just such a entitled attitude from Karius. If he performs great, of course all clubs will absolutely wants him. Karius is absolutely wanted in Besiktas but he flunk it and therefore become unwanted.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Liverpool goalkeeper Karius tells Hertha: I need to feel wanted"

"The most important thing for me is that the club absolutely wants me, has a clear vision and that both sides have the absolute will to achieve something."

This is just such a entitled attitude from Karius. If he performs great, of course all clubs will absolutely wants him. Karius is absolutely wanted in Besiktas but he flunk it and therefore become unwanted.

I wonder how many chance he wants. He flunk it at Liverpool and now Besiktas... don't think we want him back. He is a downgrade from Adrian, and Adrian isn't that great in the last few games he took over from Alisson.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coronavirus: Premier League clubs fear mid-September start as chaos continues

Premier League clubs fear that the start of the 2020-21 season will be put back until mid-September at the earliest, with sources telling ESPN that a five or six week delay to the original Aug 8. kick-off is the best-case scenario.

Senior figures from all 20 Premier League clubs are due to meet via video conference on Friday and it is understood that England's top-flight will follow the lead set by the EFL and mark June 6 as a provisional date for a return to competitive action.

All professional football in England has been suspended since March 14 due to the coronavirus crisis and the Premier League and EFL have since been in regular discussions with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) in order to remain abreast of the UK government's plans for a relaxation of social distancing and lockdown measures.

The Premier League and all 20 clubs remain determined to play the 2019-20 season to a conclusion and sources have told ESPN that there are no plans to impose a cut-off point for fixtures to be played, despite potential legal issues in the event of the campaign being extended beyond June 30 -- the date when out of contract players become free agents.

But while there is an intention, and some optimism, that football will resume in June, albeit behind closed doors, club sources have told ESPN that it will be impossible to complete this season in time for the next one to begin as planned on the second weekend of August.

Sources have revealed that there is a tentative outline of a schedule in place which would see domestic league fixtures completed first before cup competitions, such as the FA Cup, which is suspended at the quarterfinal stage, then being played.

The final piece of the jigsaw would see the completion of European competitions, but that remains the most challenging from a logistical perspective due to the need for teams to cross borders into different countries.

If everything goes to plan, the hope is that the 2019-20 season will come to an end in late-August or early-September, before a 7/14 day interlude ahead of the 2020-21 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.