Is it possible to appeal speeding fine?

nuzgul

Reaction score
Hi all, I accidentally sped while traveling along Seletar Link near Lamp Post #37.

This is my first traffic offence ever since I got my license 1 year ago.

When I realized that my speed was over 60km/h, and tried to slow down, it was too late.

Is there any chance I can successfully appeal this? If yes how should I do it?

jnCUVIV_1nXghjTHGMk5BfJ4fh2Q2Bk7np48TYGw-v_o5TR0H7HJvkCekeMuSYLeU8XflYZsdGDnDVhsa0JY08TbfVHkiMeHqdu7KYm9g1bHVIvJk-By6KaQOlz1tFDxM9Gf9oSCLHfMjgPzULXvwt_lYseGBZe_rEV7ThcfxWEMEnF6EhRaMUlVliE0Z5FmktA8wL00_XtCQqm2PIlpODoQ0MLS4tchDjDvg-8PsgFf4C5JbxzGeZgrCWo3ljibfH_xsz_Hyl97jnMrFMYFIiUeAm2xYjWA3SGaaeABmAK7AZXLcwECD_zxLfsI3hrjr_-gkdyMTi-lD6K-TVWtC2Xwcp6zc5UJGoiB_sJpoY5nZQDd3F2TUEqYAOFMrJs1QfPKU_mkrUIjhrijt56FrjsHiuZbPOom5rmnp5uppdCzxL_KnO2DV_YgPHDt9rXWxw6NDmeDWRiHJASZZNAcDq3U8obR3DIVbnP8ymaB-devHDgo5csl_42le7NnUNU8WL9mFBJ-LPB-AZ_f1uPMj2UVKYqeDC681JnAE9NwCgCE2d-TvaCfR1-scboh7Sl6tokud485-9eF7hrumXsyRGgKbFGKMrrDKvBW_GS8JkFexMqUAtmDNlhXE4DC5nh_1EksTCfJkYnGTw92iq5UhGgJURjjrD76xRM-ht5MwrBjs326GDurAWtFrTU=w1798-h652-no

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you first time offence and the speed never exceed too much may just get a warning letter

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I accidentally sped while traveling along Seletar Link near Lamp Post #37.

When I realized that my speed was over 60km/h, and tried to slow down, it was too late.

jnCUVIV_1nXghjTHGMk5BfJ4fh2Q2Bk7np48TYGw-v_o5TR0H7HJvkCekeMuSYLeU8XflYZsdGDnDVhsa0JY08TbfVHkiMeHqdu7KYm9g1bHVIvJk-By6KaQOlz1tFDxM9Gf9oSCLHfMjgPzULXvwt_lYseGBZe_rEV7ThcfxWEMEnF6EhRaMUlVliE0Z5FmktA8wL00_XtCQqm2PIlpODoQ0MLS4tchDjDvg-8PsgFf4C5JbxzGeZgrCWo3ljibfH_xsz_Hyl97jnMrFMYFIiUeAm2xYjWA3SGaaeABmAK7AZXLcwECD_zxLfsI3hrjr_-gkdyMTi-lD6K-TVWtC2Xwcp6zc5UJGoiB_sJpoY5nZQDd3F2TUEqYAOFMrJs1QfPKU_mkrUIjhrijt56FrjsHiuZbPOom5rmnp5uppdCzxL_KnO2DV_YgPHDt9rXWxw6NDmeDWRiHJASZZNAcDq3U8obR3DIVbnP8ymaB-devHDgo5csl_42le7NnUNU8WL9mFBJ-LPB-AZ_f1uPMj2UVKYqeDC681JnAE9NwCgCE2d-TvaCfR1-scboh7Sl6tokud485-9eF7hrumXsyRGgKbFGKMrrDKvBW_GS8JkFexMqUAtmDNlhXE4DC5nh_1EksTCfJkYnGTw92iq5UhGgJURjjrD76xRM-ht5MwrBjs326GDurAWtFrTU=w1798-h652-no
You can submit, but doesn't necessary mean it will be successful

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Have you got love letter from the relevant authority? If yes, then start to write beautifully and not saying something like :By mistake, did not realize the speed limit....etc.
If no, then wait for love letter. While waiting, can start to pen this appeal letter.

Good luck!

nuzgul

Reaction score
This is the 1st draft of my appeal letter.

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

On 22 Mar 2020, 3.36pm, I was driving along Seletar Link. I accidentally exceeded the speed limit of the road by 1-20km/h.

The reason that I exceeded the speed limit was because I was unfamiliar with the area as it was my first time driving there.

This lesson has left a strong impression in my mind. I have been driving with additional care ever since and will continue into the future.

Prior to this, I have always driven very carefully since the day I got my license. This is the first time that I made a traffic offence. I seek your leniency, which will I treasure immensely!

Thank you for considering my case!

Sincerely,
My Name

Last edited:

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, no need to beg lah. State the facts and let them decide.

No need this.

This lesson has left a strong impression in my mind. I have been driving with additional care ever since and will continue into the future.

Prior to this, I have always driven very carefully ever since I got my license. This is the first time that I made a traffic offence. I seek your leniency in this, which will I treasure immensely!

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

On 22 Mar 2020, 3.36pm, I was driving along Seletar Link. I accidentally exceeded the speed limit of the road by 1-20km/h.

The reason that I exceeded the speed limit was because I was unfamiliar with the area as it was my first time driving there.

Prior to this, I have always driven very carefully since the day I got my license. This is the first time that I made a traffic offence. I seek your leniency, which will I treasure immensely!

Sincerely,
My Name
People who are unfamiliar with an area will usually go slower, why are you going faster?

This lesson can leave a stronger impression if they don’t accept your appeal wouldn’t it?

One should always be driving carefully and that should be a given no?

May want to consider addressing this.

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

Sincerely,
My Name

TP will fine you and hope it leaves a strong impression in your mind. 🤣🤣🤣

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Letter already say only if on medical reason.
Why bother ?

itedino

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

Sincerely,
My Name

If I am tp, I will think since unfamiliar why are u driving so first. U giving yrself excuse to no need to pay fine. No strong reason to support Yr case. 300 and 6 points, answer is no. Will proceed to fine u.

Love letter will write there speeding kills.

Last edited:

Kumar22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

Sincerely,
My Name

Point 1: The correct authority is TP not LTA.

Point 2: It has to be an emergency (stomach-ache is not considered one)

Point 3: It has to be .....................to stand any chance. (I'm not stating it openly but this is usually the best option)

Point 4: Very unlikely, you have to prove faulty equipment - like your speedometer.

And finally: Point 5, why jump the gun? How do you know you will be summoned? You may not be or you may be given an advisory.
If your speed exceeds below 5kmh, very unlikely. Below 10, unlikely. Below 15, depends and an advisory may be issued. Over 15, likely. Over 20, almost certainly.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

Dear LTA,

Sincerely,
My Name

Since appealing is free-of-charge, why not?

———-
Dear Officer,

On 22 Mar 2020, 3.36pm, I was driving along Seletar Link which has a speed limit of 60 km/h. I exceeded this speed limit by 1-20km/h.

I exceeded the speed limit of Seletar Link due to an honest but mistaken belief that I was still on the Tampines Expressway which has a speed limit of 90 km/h.

While this is no excuse for exceeding the speed limit, I appeal for leniency as this is my first traffic offence. I will be more attentive to the various speed limits that have been put in place for the safety of all road users. Thank you.

Sincerely,
My Name

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since appealing is free-of-charge, why not?

———-
Dear Officer,

On 22 Mar 2020, 3.36pm, I was driving along Seletar Link which has a speed limit of 60 km/h. I exceeded this speed limit by 1-20km/h.

I exceeded the speed limit of Seletar Link due to an honest but mistaken belief that I was still on the Tampines Expressway which has a speed limit of 90 km/h.

While this is no excuse for exceeding the speed limit, I appeal for leniency as this is my first traffic offence. I will be more attentive to the various speed limits that have been put in place for the safety of all road users. Thank you.

Sincerely,
My Name

Why the need to state unnecessary stuff which is what they have stated in the letter???

If it is honest and mistaken belief, then why not just accept the penalty and learn from it lor.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why the need to state unnecessary stuff which is what they have stated in the letter???

If it is honest and mistaken belief, then why not just accept the penalty and learn from it lor.

To have impact that the offender is aware of the offence, instead of relying on reference numbers.

Why must accept penalty and learn when appealing is free-of-charge?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To have impact that the offender is aware of the offence, instead of relying on reference numbers.

Why must accept penalty and learn when appealing is free-of-charge?
then might be a good idea to include a snippet of the letter sent

am just saying the reason is like waiting for them to say u can learn your mistake by accepting the penalty.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then might be a good idea to include a snippet of the letter sent

am just saying the reason is like waiting for them to say u can learn your mistake by accepting the penalty.

Can just include the Reference/Report Number.

True, can just accept and move on. I’m just re-drafting the offender’s appeal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.