Singtel HG8244H change to Bridge Mode

riscaliz

Reaction score
Just a quick question and correct me if I’m wrong:

What if I have an two set-top boxes for SingTel TV?

I understand that only one lan port can be used for SingTel TV if we’re using 3rd party router such as Asus etc. when the onr is set to bridge mode, and the 3rd party router probably allow for only one lan port to be used for Singtel TV.

Is there a workaround to this as I currently have two set-top boxes and would not want to have double NAT with the Huawei in ONR mode?

I’m really keen in using the supplied ONR in bridge mode in order to enjoy the full functionality of the 3rd party router.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question and correct me if I’m wrong:

What if I have an two set-top boxes for SingTel TV?

I understand that only one lan port can be used for SingTel TV if we’re using 3rd party router such as Asus etc. when the onr is set to bridge mode, and the 3rd party router probably allow for only one lan port to be used for Singtel TV.

Is there a workaround to this as I currently have two set-top boxes and would not want to have double NAT with the Huawei in ONR mode?

I’m really keen in using the supplied ONR in bridge mode in order to enjoy the full functionality of the 3rd party router.

Set the vlan manually if you want to use 2 boxes on your ASUS. I done it before. You can set up to 2 port.

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to TS for this well written guide! Just managed to do mine and all is well. Except...

1) I didn't need to set preset on my asus.
2) the Internet led doesn't light up on my ONR

And how do i access the ONR web gui if I need to one day? Tried to connect direct but still can't reach the gui. Hmm

unsocialsoul

Reaction score
For people who are unable to use the mentioned username and passwords, try these

login: telecomadmin
password: admintelecom

cnet

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the Software version: V3R017C00S100.
Managed to set to bridge mode.
Connected to AX88U (router mode) is ok for internet.
But when set the IPTV for MIO TV connection, the internet connection is cut off. When disable IPTV, Internet connection back again.
Even run the setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP process but still failed.
Trying all the LAN port combination but still failed.
Anyone has any experience to fix on this

Vampire05

Reaction score
can someone tell me what is the purpose of changing the Singtel ONR to bridge mode?

It makes wifi or internet speed faster?

uncle_josh

Reaction score
To avoid double NAT.
Some device cannot work properly with double nat eg nas, ip camera.....etc

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT

Vampire05

Reaction score
one more question, after I changed the singtel ONR to bridge mode, can the 4 ports behind the ONR still be used like before?

Vampire05

Reaction score
so that means if I am on singnet 2gbps plan, it is not advisable to make my ONR to bridge mode because I will only get a 1gbps speed?

giraffey

Reaction score
so that means if I am on singnet 2gbps plan, it is not advisable to make my ONR to bridge mode because I will only get a 1gbps speed?

Yes, you are right. Same for other 2Gbps plans on the other ISPs.(for some ISPs, they allow a single 2gbps (single port) connectivity as well, but it would mean having to buy routers and network cards supporting higher speeds)

Last edited:

kartz4u

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone aware of the username and password for Singtel ONR HG8240T5? Appreciate the help.

Many thanks

kajdex

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone aware of the username and password for Singtel ONR HG8240T5? Appreciate the help.

Many thanks
Have you tried
username: support
password: last 10 characters of the ONR's Serial but on reverse e.g. if Router Serial is 1234567890ABCDEF then the password is FEDCBA0987

ah_pok

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm currently using Whizcomms and they issue a HG8240T5 to me.

I manage to login using Support account.

After that i did this:

(HG8240T5)
1. Turn on DHCP Relay
2. Change to Bridge mode.

(TP-Link Archer C9)
3. Under IPTV, i added VLAN 10 as internet connection.

But somehow my router just unable to get the Public IP.

Any pro here can help?

Many thanks!!

bvtter

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the Software version: V3R017C00S100.
Managed to set to bridge mode.
Connected to AX88U (router mode) is ok for internet.
But when set the IPTV for MIO TV connection, the internet connection is cut off. When disable IPTV, Internet connection back again.
Even run the setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP process but still failed.
Trying all the LAN port combination but still failed.
Anyone has any experience to fix on this

Hi did you manage to solve this?

bvtter

Reaction score
Thanks to TS for this well written guide! Just managed to do mine and all is well. Except...

1) I didn't need to set preset on my asus.
2) the Internet led doesn't light up on my ONR

And how do i access the ONR web gui if I need to one day? Tried to connect direct but still can't reach the gui. Hmm
Did you manage to get back into the webui?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.