Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon1973

Reaction score
Can I confirm only C8 has 5ghz wifi?
Since I gonna be using wifi for netflix..seems like an important feature to have

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PCSu2D1l.jpg

65P8S available at Tamp Giant too.
It is side by side with C8 showing DVBT channel 8. From my eyes, don't really see much different. Borrow the remote from the staffs, WiFi logged on to my mobile hotspot n tested awhile. Interface navigation actually quite smooth. YouTube n Netflix 4k no prob also.
Most impt is to impress my wife..let her play abit n get approval. Haha
Earliest delivery 4-9pm tomorrow.
How do you check to confirm Netflix 4K? 2.4ghz WiFi and Lan 10/100 maybe won’t get uhd.

Last edited:

soundwave69

Reaction score
Any obvious loss going for 65P8S instead of C8?
The onkyo sound bar?

PCSu2D1l.jpg

65P8S available at Tamp Giant too.
It is side by side with C8 showing DVBT channel 8. From my eyes, don't really see much different. Borrow the remote from the staffs, WiFi logged on to my mobile hotspot n tested awhile. Interface navigation actually quite smooth. YouTube n Netflix 4k no prob also.
Most impt is to impress my wife..let her play abit n get approval. Haha
Earliest delivery 4-9pm tomorrow.

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
How do you check to confirm Netflix 4K? 2.4ghz WiFi and Lan 10/100 maybe won’t get uhd.
Sorry..I should put YouTube 4k. For netflix at least running on HD from screen sharpness. 2.4g or 100 lan can't run uhd? Tot 20-25Mbps of bandwidth will be sufficient to run netflix uhd? Not really sure but gd enough for my eyes.

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Any obvious loss going for 65P8S instead of C8?
The onkyo sound bar?
To me no different. Me not pro also. The p8s default TV speaker is decent enough for normal viewing.
For a $400 price diff..i will go for p8s n get a more decent soundbar+ sub.
Of cos must see Yr needs n usage. Mine purely youtube n netflix for my kid. Dvbt for elderly guest.

But previously, some bros here actually did some great research on c8. Maybe they can better advise on the extra $400 worth.

kuang89

Reaction score
Giant imm
55C8 $899 about 6 boxes
55P8M $599 more than 10 boxes

65P8S $888 about 5 boxes

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry..I should put YouTube 4k. For netflix at least running on HD from screen sharpness. 2.4g or 100 lan can't run uhd? Tot 20-25Mbps of bandwidth will be sufficient to run netflix uhd? Not really sure but gd enough for my eyes.

Technically enough but manufacturers can be quite picky and set their own requirements. Which is why it’s better to test and check

Bruce_Neo

Reaction score
What is the exact method you play the DTS movie?

Otherwise you install Android Kodi or TVMC to play the movies.

Android video player app will revert to software decoding and everything will slow down. Tried MXplayer and VLC.

jeremynz

Reaction score
Any bros here can share contact or recommend service for TV removal (from wall mount) + disposal service? If purchase from Giant they won't help with this right? Thanks

osmond19

Reaction score
Android video player app will revert to software decoding and everything will slow down. Tried MXplayer and VLC.
MXplayer allows u to select the various codec for hw decoding... is that enabled? if not wrong, by default it will always go to sw decoding. if u cant turn select the particular codec that mean the cpu doesnt support that format for decoding.

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You try Kodi or TVMC. Sure working for DTS and DD.

Not related to DTS, for the tv HDMI setting, turn on the HDMI 2.0.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
anyone knw whether Suntec Giant sells tv sets ???

Nice write up.
Had a talk with the same guy-wearing alpha visions shirt, he said the C8 costs $1388 - told him wasn't it $1288 he said no.
Yeah he knows only very basic stuff.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
SO u bought one too? only Giant sells TCL

Did u explore Prism+ ? https://prismplus.sg/collections/tvs/products/prism-e55

I really hope TCL or Google can explore more in Android TV. For example, user should be able to customize shortcut on their remote. The T-channel short cut on the TCL remote only have fixed pre-installed apps, which mostly is not used at all. It will be a great selling point if it allow the user to put the apps they commonly used into this menu. I guessed why in US Roku is so popular. The remote also should have a screen-off button, because TV has now became the center of media entertainment. So if I am playing Spotify, digital radio or podcast, I can simply turn the screen off/on with one button instead of going to the lengthy menu again. I tried using Assistant to turn off the screen (yes, I know its a long shot), but it turn off the whole TV.

In addition for TCL, this TV do not have ambient light sensor like my LG. Since my living room is very bright in the day, ambient light sensor to adjust the TV brightness automatically is very useful.

I hope the above has given you details not easily available in the internet and make a informed choice in your TV purchase.

curryloti

Reaction score
For those looking at 65" C8 for $1299 , Panasonic 65GX650S is also going for $1299 and full 3 yrs warranty. Its also a Android TV... only thing is don't hv a branded speaker build-in

Also I found a review which looks like the 65" C8, maybe its the same or maybe not, anyway hv a look: https://www.lbtechreviews.com/test/tv/tcl-65ec785

Looks like a good alternative to the TCL!

Any link for this price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.