Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Gerrard171192

Reaction score
No, he didn't send anything but only the first few days when I started to ghost him. No photo or video also. Only my NOK received some unknown number call with weird number but didn't pick up. I didn't borrow from them and just want to cancel my loan after the so-called trial loan but he keep asking me to defer only.

After you ghost him, how many days did he harass you until they decided to stop calling? In just afraid that they really will send someone up. And yupp, I received unknown calls to my NOK. but ignore and stopped.but I'm not sure if tomorrow they will start calling again or come up to harass.

Vsosos

Reaction score
After you ghost him, how many days did he harass you until they decided to stop calling? In just afraid that they really will send someone up. And yupp, I received unknown calls to my NOK. but ignore and stopped.but I'm not sure if tomorrow they will start calling again or come up to harass.

They stopped after 3-4days. Based on the past 700++ pages that i've read from here, they won't dare to come up, only sending runner if your amount is big. Just need to be more alert to your surroundings and check any cctv around your area. Install cctv if you still worry about it.

Didicome

Reaction score
Hi all,

Pls advice, was recently into a loan scam.
Produce my personal details to him and realize they are UML. Rejected the loan. But money still came in.
Paid the cleared amount the next day. But i think that wont be enough so i simply block their contact. Now they have started their harassing tricks. Already block their contact. Inform NOK.inform office. Close acc. Police report made. I guess i just have to wait a few days more to see what is going to happen.

Gerrard171192

Reaction score
They stopped after 3-4days. Based on the past 700++ pages that i've read from here, they won't dare to come up, only sending runner if your amount is big. Just need to be more alert to your surroundings and check any cctv around your area. Install cctv if you still worry about it.

I do not have any cctv installed as there are police cctv installed every lifts and staircase landing. Oh. So they only harass by texting and calling you for 3 to 4 days and stop? Because I have already cleared what I suppose to pay them. They just keep wanting me to defer. I'm worried next week they will call me again as the system will show up that I've not cleared.

Meaning to say they will only sent runner if you owe them big amount and did not pay up? Because mine was only 800 and I paid all. And you read the whole forum? That's insane..

green72

Reaction score
Meaning to say they will only sent runner if you owe them big amount and did not pay up? Because mine was only 800 and I paid all. And you read the whole forum? That's insane..

They are scammers and they like victims who diligently pay. It's normal they continue to harass victims even after they paid all.

Expect to be harass as they see you as a cash cow and they will milk you dry. Finish paying doesn't mean they have finish business with you. Expect them to come up with excuses to force you to pay some more.

Stop the nonsense by not paying anymore. Expect to be harass. Nothing good will come when you deal with UML. They won't come after you but might engage freelancers to be runners to harass you at home.

Every case is different but there is a standard pattern.

green72

Reaction score
Hi all,

Produce my personal details to him and realize they are UML. Rejected the loan. But money still came in.
Paid the cleared amount the next day. But i think that wont be enough so i simply block their contact. Now they have started their harassing tricks. Already block their contact. Inform NOK.inform office. Close acc. Police report made. I guess i just have to wait a few days more to see what is going to happen.

You pretty much cover the bases. Install CCTV and call blocker app on your hp next. Close all your social media acct.

I prefer victims not to return back the money. Outcome still the same. They will harass you even when you return the money.

So might as well keep it for the inconvenience they cause you. Think about it. Now you are back to square one with no money but with added harassment in tow.

Didicome

Reaction score
You pretty much cover the bases. Install CCTV and call blocker app on your hp next. Close all your social media acct.

I prefer victims not to return back the money. Outcome still the same. They will harass you even when you return the money.

So might as well keep it for the inconvenience they cause you. Think about it. Now you are back to square one with no money but with added harassment in tow.

Ya understand from that, but 1st thing that came through my mind was dont wanna owe them anything. They immediately started to threaten me. Change number to threaten.than to my NOK. Now i just hope that it will stop here. And get back to normal life.

green72

Reaction score
Ya understand from that, but 1st thing that came through my mind was dont wanna owe them anything. They immediately started to threaten me. Change number to threaten.than to my NOK. Now i just hope that it will stop here. And get back to normal life.
Pretty much most feel the same. We don't want to feel we owe them anything.

But they don't follow or live by those moral standards. We are honest and as borrowers we feel compel to return what we owe.

That is the "weakness" they will exploit. Doesn't matter to them if they lose some. For those that they are able to extort $$$$ from it's multiple times over the ones they lost.

The amount you and others returned will be used by them to rollover to next and future victims.

I understand that your immediate situation now is to protect your family and be done with them. Honestly, there's no way they can lay a finger on you or your family. Runners are only use as an extension of these virtual UML to instill fear without physically harming. I dare say this because we live in Singapore and have not become the cowboy town of our northern neighbour where victims are sometimes kidnapped and tortured to make them pay up. But not in Singapore, our SPF are doing a great job and further more kidnaps are unheard of for many decades because of capital punishment.

Anyway, it always start with the feeling of anxiety, fear and finally anger. You will go through this set of emotions.

I'm just helping to expedite straight to anger for victims here by providing and sharing the collective experiences and knowledge so that you can go back to normal life and pay it forward.

Last edited:

Vsosos

Reaction score
I do not have any cctv installed as there are police cctv installed every lifts and staircase landing. Oh. So they only harass by texting and calling you for 3 to 4 days and stop? Because I have already cleared what I suppose to pay them. They just keep wanting me to defer. I'm worried next week they will call me again as the system will show up that I've not cleared.

I was so worried when I encountered this problem especially for the first few days. I'm lucky to found this forum and keep reading to find out what is going to happen and what should I do to minimize the harassment to my friend and family. $800 is big or small amount, it's depend on the scammer and how persistent they are. Just be prepared for the harassment and I'm still waiting for it. Don't let your guard down even after few months as they might come back again.

Last edited:

Vsosos

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just hang on there and remember to deactivate or private all social media. Try to google ur name and see if anything come out. They will find the ways to make you pay more so what we can do now is to prevent they go harass ur friends and family.

Last edited:

Skippy28

Reaction score
I was so worried when I encountered this problem especially for the first few days. I'm lucky to found this forum and keep reading to find out what is going to happen and what should I do to minimize the harassment to my friend and family. $800 is big or small amount, it's depend on the scammer and how persistent they are. Just be prepared for the harassment and I'm still waiting for it. Don't let your guard down even after few months as they might come back again.

Just ignore them totally is the only way to stop the thing. If you have any reaction like calling them or reply to their message, this will never end. Whatever they do is just trying to get you to respond to them. If you have no response at all, very soon it will stop.

Gerrard171192

Reaction score
They are scammers and they like victims who diligently pay. It's normal they continue to harass victims even after they paid all.

Expect to be harass as they see you as a cash cow and they will milk you dry. Finish paying doesn't mean they have finish business with you. Expect them to come up with excuses to force you to pay some more.

Stop the nonsense by not paying anymore. Expect to be harass. Nothing good will come when you deal with UML. They won't come after you but might engage freelancers to be runners to harass you at home.

Every case is different but there is a standard pattern.

I don't mind they harass me by calling or texting me. I'm just afraid that they will send runner up my house. I've already made it very clear to them I'm not paying anymore money. I told them if they were to think that I still owe them money, come up to my house to collect,I'm here waiting. However I dont think so they will send runner because of that few hundred which I already paid. Runner cost them even more. So it's not worth it

Gerrard171192

Reaction score

I don't think they will harass you already as they stopped for more than a week. But mostly I read this forum. They only sent runner when people don't pay up.

Gerrard171192

Reaction score
Just ignore them totally is the only way to stop the thing. If you have any reaction like calling them or reply to their message, this will never end. Whatever they do is just trying to get you to respond to them. If you have no response at all, very soon it will stop.

Is that true that that will really stop after you ignore them? Or they will only stop after sending runner up to harass you and your neighbours?

Didicome

Reaction score
I don't think they will harass you already as they stopped for more than a week. But mostly I read this forum. They only sent runner when people don't pay up.
Mine was way too fast .they started their harassing tricks, immediate after the cleared sum. Been sleepless for nights just to assure no suspicious person came in the wee hours.

Gerrard171192

Reaction score
Mine was way too fast .they started their harassing tricks, immediate after the cleared sum. Been sleepless for nights just to assure no suspicious person came in the wee hours.

How did they harass you? Did they come to your house immediately or any point of time?

InADilemma01

Reaction score
New update... UML using mailbox to send hoax story to get neighbours to get me to contact the given number. I immediately send to IO the letter and ignored. Right now I am not bothered about my neighbours and get thia over.... Any suggestion on what else to do... Now, no surprise visits as CCTVs are installed. NOK also installed number blockers.

From what I've learned so far for the past 1 year, runners consists of 2 types of people.

1. The un-informed students/unemployed/foreign workers enticed to easy money through online adverts.

2. UML victims offered deferment by doing such jobs.

The unlucky Food & Delivery companies sometimes are also caught in between.

I think more than 90% of UML are overseas and there isn't a local based ones with full time runners. SPF is always on the look-out for local ones and easier for them to chop the head to cease all operations.

These UMLs will use the mentality that they are local-based to scare victims using so-called local +65 numbers and runners.Easily fooling us to believe they are a threat to us and our family. That tactic always works for new victims, always.

So All runners mention above don't have towkays per se to report to. All are "contract" basis with no actual ties to the UML.

If any of you currently are under UML harassment, just ignore answering the door. 50% chance they are runners pretending to be govt officials. Anyway, you have the right not to open the door unless it's a police officer.

Gerrard171192

Reaction score
New update... UML using mailbox to send hoax story to get neighbours to get me to contact the given number. I immediately send to IO the letter and ignored. Right now I am not bothered about my neighbours and get thia over.... Any suggestion on what else to do... Now, no surprise visits as CCTVs are installed. NOK also installed number blockers.

Hi, when did that happen to you? Also, did you still owe them any money? Or you have alr paid up?

green72

Reaction score
Another old tactic. 1 more old tactic is to find your neighbours home line and harassed them to ask you to pay.

They have no new tactics. All recycle ones.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.