Huawei AX3 Pro - Anyone bought and tried?

XB

Reaction score
Price is cheap. Juz wondering if there will be set up issue? Anyone bought oready?

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/routers/ax3-quad-core/

huawei-ax3-pro.png

eBuddy

Reaction score
Interested to try this router once it goes on sales by 28 Apr. I am on Singtel 1Gbps B/B, wondering how's the connection will be. ONT --> Singtel router--> Huawei AX3 Pro ? Btw, i don't have Mio TV.

SandMan

Reaction score
Yea I'm very keen too given the price:

Qoo10: $83 for AX3 Pro, $60 for AX3
Taobao: Y329($66) for AX3 Pro, Y229($46) for AX3

Based on what I've read:

Pro : quad-core, 1.4, 4 amplifiers, NFC tap connect
non-Pro : dual-core 1.2Ghz, 2 amplifiers, no NFC
Common : ofdma, mu-mimo, wpa3, etc.

Also, these 'plus' features work with compatible huawei phones:
- 160Mhz bandwidth
- higher obstacle penetration

No reviews since not shipped yet. I have a few questions hopefully can be answered later:
1. Will it work with Starhub bb out-of-box?
2. Menu only in chinese?
3. Its 160Mhz compatible with intel ac9260 160mhz wifi card?

I may also switch to intel ax200 wifi 6 cards for $15-35 each (depending on where you order from)

Last edited:

XB

Reaction score
i ordered and paid $60 for a white AX3 Pro.

They will only get the stock on 27th this month....

hk7310

Reaction score
i ordered and paid $60 for a white AX3 Pro.

They will only get the stock on 27th this month....

You probably make a mistake that $60 is for a white HuaWei AX3 dual core. For AX3 pro quad core, it cost about $83 with $6 shipping.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interested to try this router once it goes on sales by 28 Apr. I am on Singtel 1Gbps B/B, wondering how's the connection will be. ONT --> Singtel router--> Huawei AX3 Pro ? Btw, i don't have Mio TV.

If the ax3 doesn't support vlan, that's the connection method and you have to set it to an access point

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I order via JD.com

Used their WiFi 5 products (WS5800, WS5200) on M1, the firmware is very stable given the SoC is designed in-house, they're a lot less likely to encounter firmware issues from manufacturers that buy SoCs from broadcom, realtek etc that have to work with the base firmware and manufacturer specific customisation.

Default gateway UI is in mandarin, huawei smart home app gives remote access to control a number of router functions if you'd wish to use that. First run need to do manual setup as it defaults to using using mainland broadband services accounts.

Can't remember if the remote functions app (smart home) require a verified mainland number. There is some inconsistency in options listed in smart home vs router default gateway so you need both if you want the full controls.

Overall its a product for domestic market but it works outside as well.

Last edited:

hk7310

Reaction score
I order via JD.com

Used their WiFi 5 products (WS5800, WS5200) on M1, the firmware is very stable given the SoC is designed in-house, they're a lot less likely to encounter firmware issues from manufacturers that buy SoCs from broadcom, realtek etc that have to work with the base firmware and manufacturer specific customisation.

Default gateway UI is in mandarin, huawei smart home app gives remote access to control a number of router functions if you'd wish to use that. First run need to do manual setup as it defaults to using using mainland broadband services accounts.

Can't remember if the remote functions app (smart home) require a verified mainland number. There is some inconsistency in options listed in smart home vs router default gateway so you need both if you want the full controls.

Which exact model you used? can share your comment on their speed, stability, connection and security? Do they update their firmware often?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I order via JD.com

How is the user interface? Is it user friendly?

Deciding between this and Xiaomi AX3600.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is the user interface? Is it user friendly?

Deciding between this and Xiaomi AX3600.

I think it has the right level of detail, more than what you get on Google Onhub and can be managed via default gateway and not just app.

2QMaVbn.png

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which exact model you used? can share your comment on their speed, stability, connection and security? Do they update their firmware often?

WS5800 WS5200 with their inhouse SoC not the realtek variant ones, they're able to mesh.
Would say often enough for firmware updates, can update via smarthome app, auto or manual updates are up to your preference not forced like google wifi/onhub.

Onhub has issues kicking my AC9560 to wireless n on a specific PC which was resolved when I moved to Huawei. It is able to keep devices on the max supported, in my own scenario handling close to 20 devices (TV, PCs, phones, tablet, printer) is not a problem.

Of course the effectiveness of the "smart" 2.4GHz + 5GHz combined SSID feature like other routers will mainly depend if the device can hop bands seamlessly, the feature is optional and enabled by default

Last edited:

hk7310

Reaction score
WS5800 WS5200 with their inhouse SoC not the realtek variant ones, they're able to mesh.
Would say often enough for firmware updates, can update via smarthome app, auto or manual updates are up to your preference not forced like google wifi/onhub.

Onhub has issues kicking my AC9560 to wireless n on a specific PC which was resolved when I moved to Huawei. It is able to keep devices on the max supported, in my own scenario handling close to 20 devices (TV, PCs, phones, tablet, printer) is not a problem.

Of course the effectiveness of the "smart" 2.4GHz + 5GHz combined SSID feature like other routers will mainly depend if the device can hop bands seamlessly, the feature is optional and enabled by default

Many thanks!

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the stability, its very stable. The signal strength relative to asus onhub i came from was similar. I remember there are reviews from probably 路由器评测 citing the WS5000 series (and Huawei Honor equivalents) could have better signal gain but was modestly configured and locked that way because of newer CCC certifications (Similar to CE) needing stricter RF radiation requirements.

The modest/anemic comments (relative to older products by reviewer) probably come from mainland environments but I don't it is a problem in sinkie apartments at all.

SandMan

Reaction score
Last edited:

XB

Reaction score
Seller shipped out the item... so stocks are already in in China.

Will let you guys know when I receive it.

eBuddy

Reaction score
Seller shipped out the item... so stocks are already in in China.

Will let you guys know when I receive it.

Once received, during setup please help to confirmed whether this router support Vlan or not. Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.