Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

InADilemma01

Reaction score
Dear NEW VICTIMS, if you are still thinking that paying off the amount you loan from those UML will stop the harassment from them.. FAT HOPE. If you are still contactable .. u r giving them the chances to harass u further. They are scammer here to squeeze u dry till u bankrupt.. as long as they know u r paying they will get every chance to make u giving them money even u already fully paid them.
So STOP PAYING AND BE UNCONTACTABLE NOW!
We are all people who had been thru all thee before.. trust us and u will NO REGRET!

Totally agree with you... I have stopprd paying ever since I came clean with my family and reported to SPF. Strangely the feeling now is calmer as compared to the fear as to meet payment demands from UML, not to mention the relentless request to keep reloaning plus new UML suddenly asking whether you need a new loan. Although anxious on their next course of harrassment options I am confident SPF will stand by our side to protect us as long as we follow the countermeasures.

green72

Reaction score
Again repeating what others have said.

STOP PAYING ALREADY.

Reason? Because they will continue to harass you EVEN after you pay them 10x what you owe. They know you can pay, they will always harass you to pay.

Why? Because their business is illegal and they can do what they want. They are not banks. They are not honest. And importantly, they can make your financial situation worst then before you borrow from them.

Why do we still read victims still paying when it will not end their harassment?

UML have no integrity. It's their modus operandi to coerce you to keep paying. It doesn't matter if you are honest if you think paying back means you don't owe them anything anymore. If you think that way, you are dreaming.

What's coming is a nightmare if you pay and pay.

No point to make police report and still pay.

Stop paying already. Sorry, but don't be stupid and prolong your family's suffering.

Last edited:

InADilemma01

Reaction score
Again repeating what others have said.

STOP PAYING ALREADY.

Reason? Because they will continue to harass you EVEN after you pay them 10x what you owe. They know you can pay, they will always harass you to pay.

Why? Because their business is illegal and they can do what they want. They are not banks. They are not honest. And importantly, they can make your financial situation worst then before you borrow from them.

Why do we still read victims still paying when it will not end their harassment?

UML have no integrity. It's their modus operandi to coerce you to keep paying. It doesn't matter if you are honest if you think paying back means you don't owe them anything anymore. If you think that way, you are dreaming.

What's coming is a nightmare if you pay and pay.

No point to make police report and still pay.

Stop paying already. Sorry, but don't be stupid and prolong your family's suffering.
Yes mate, i have stopped.

Didicome

Reaction score
Phone call: No as I have changed my number as advised. My NOK also install app blockers.

"House Visit": Stopped after installing CCTVs and informed police of any suspicious characters lurking along my corridor.

"Letterbox Hoax Mail": Received one and immediately reported to police. Informed neighbours as well. SPF taken letter as evidence and maybe do forensic testing and check CCTV.

Social Media Harassment: Ongoing but reported to the relevant social media authotiies of fake acc etc and also forwarded them police report so that maybe they can trace source of IP address. Also informed my contact list about the situation and most of them are already aware and understanding. Informed them to report and block any new unknown messages

I do not know what else will happen but have full trust on SPF to handle the matters and abide by the advise given by the kind people here and SPF.

Yours like hardcore eh. These 2 days still okay for me. Still have to keep a look out. Hoping for the best though.

Didicome

Reaction score
Fingers crossed, sooner rather than later I hope... On SPF side what will they do? I guess now the UML are kind of desperate that they resort to social media... I guess now no point to deactiavte social media etc since they have the contacts. Its like fighting fire... Only lf embarassment. I wont relent cos I have had enough. It is great that my family though pissed is backing me up on this crusade. I owe them and you guys here lots of gratitude.

Well bro . Is only when **** happens you know who are the ones standing with you. I've learn my lesson. And F those bloody suckers.

InADilemma01

Reaction score
Yours like hardcore eh. These 2 days still okay for me. Still have to keep a look out. Hoping for the best though.

Keep an open line of communication with your IO via email... The more evidence the better. It has come to a point that the IO will call to get more information so that they can take the necessary course of action. On your part, do what has been suggested, change hp no, install cctv, deactivate social media.... Soon you will feel more peaceful.

Last edited:

InADilemma01

Reaction score
I got two loans . Clear by 3/5 . Loan 470 clear 680 . 300 clear 450 .

Better not give explicit details... You may never know if the UML is lurking in these pages... Have u reportef to police? Did u pay them? If no, then dont! Change ur hp number, deactivate social media, place cctv outside ur house, inform ur nok to change number or block any unknown numbers.

ezbitz

Reaction score
Loan sharking activity

I'd like to share a recent experience and I would appreciate feedback
I enquired about a 70k loan from one company listed in minlaw website. They asked me for a 20% security deposit which I paid in 2 installments after they said they made a asking quoting the amount. After which they asked me for a 4.2 k fee as service fee which I managed to give them. However, they again asked for a 5k validation fee to transmit the money. At this point I told them that I am cancelling the application and I demanded for a refund which they claimed they already applied for but will only give me in 14 working days. So I left it at that.

I then enquired about a loan from another credit company for 40k this time which i saw in the minlaw website. On enquiry they told me they can give me the money but I have to pay 3.8k as security deposit which will be used to pay off my loan in first 3 months and 2.8k supposedly MAS asked as GST 7%. When I paid for them they came back to me and told me that I need to pay 4k ink as service fee and 4k as validation fee which I also provided. However, when the time that they claim they are disbursing the amount, they demanded for a 6000 transmittal fee from me for the money to be given. At this point I already said to cancel the application again. This time they told me that I need to give them 3800 and 2800 I already paid initially as fee for cancellation or I pay the transmittal fee. I told them I want to cancel and after negotation they agreed that I pay 2.8k which I was already hesitant to give as I am already out of cash. When I started ignoring their calls and blocking them, they then proceeded to send me a message warning them of what they will do like setting my door on fire or splashing paint. They also managed to get my office phone and started calling my entire office and looking for me, something that only stopped when I called them back. This time however, they are now asking me to pay 6600 which was their original fee to cancel the transaction. Do note that I have not signed any contract and there was not money ever remitted to my account. And I have already made my police report today.

I would appreciate any advise
Thanks

Reaction score
I enquired about a 70k loan from one company listed in minlaw website. They asked me for a 20% security deposit which I paid in 2 installments after they said they made a asking quoting the amount. After which they asked me for a 4.2 k fee as service fee which I managed to give them. However, they again asked for a 5k validation fee to transmit the money. At this point I told them that I am cancelling the application and I demanded for a refund which they claimed they already applied for but will only give me in 14 working days. So I left it at that.

I then enquired about a loan from another credit company for 40k this time which i saw in the minlaw website. On enquiry they told me they can give me the money but I have to pay 3.8k as security deposit which will be used to pay off my loan in first 3 months and 2.8k supposedly MAS asked as GST 7%. When I paid for them they came back to me and told me that I need to pay 4k ink as service fee and 4k as validation fee which I also provided. However, when the time that they claim they are disbursing the amount, they demanded for a 6000 transmittal fee from me for the money to be given. At this point I already said to cancel the application again. This time they told me that I need to give them 3800 and 2800 I already paid initially as fee for cancellation or I pay the transmittal fee. I told them I want to cancel and after negotation they agreed that I pay 2.8k which I was already hesitant to give as I am already out of cash. When I started ignoring their calls and blocking them, they then proceeded to send me a message warning them of what they will do like setting my door on fire or splashing paint. They also managed to get my office phone and started calling my entire office and looking for me, something that only stopped when I called them back. This time however, they are now asking me to pay 6600 which was their original fee to cancel the transaction. Do note that I have not signed any contract and there was not money ever remitted to my account. And I have already made my police report today.

Thanks

So total how much have u paid them? Did u get any amount after paying all those fees?

InADilemma01

Reaction score

Thanks
Are u sure they are from the minlaw website. Seems like a loan scam to me. You should call your bank and report as scam as well. Inform them of the details eg bank acc u trf too as well as the police report u made.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hi all paiseh very long nvr log in..still see so many victims of ls harrassment..pls fight the ah long..dont be easy meat for.them

justarandomchad

Reaction score
hi bros, my posb account was frozen last 2 weeks.. found out is freezed by police..

Went down to bedok HQ to meet the recorder(not IO) with bank statements and recorded statement, I realised that I was reported by another victim cos I saw a police report on the table from another party reporting my bank acc num during the initial transfer.. :(
After recording, the recorder just ask me go home wait for phone call..

Just checking if any of you had the same issue and roughly how long it takes for the case to clear? My salary and monies all inside that bank.. T_T

Hi bro, I’m in the same situation as you as my account was reported by another victim, I was also a victim of this domino effect of UML, also to reply to your case, I was told to report to a certain SPF HQ for half a year now. Case just closed recently, and I given a warning due to circumstances.

koonzlah

Reaction score

Thanks
Wonder u can dig so much money out why u still need a loan lol

Reaction score

Thanks

Wow.. 20% of $70k is $14k. Fee of $4.2k so total $18.2k. Another uml, $3.8k+$2.8k+$4k+$4k=$14.6k . In total u paid $18.2k + $14.6k = $32.8k.U have so much money to let them scammed why u need a loan? 😂
No wonder u r their best target😂

Last edited:

Adrian87Chua

Reaction score
Just yesterday I fail into this scam too from social media . Make a online police report regarding this matter.
Advice by the IO, I don’t need to close my bank account just don’t touch the $200 cash deposit by them. Let see how they going to investigate.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.