The Perfume Thread

grizzly76

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol the last point is so valid. If my wife complains, means she is clear of covid19 as well

What were some of her funny or strong reactions so far?:s13:

I got "strong weird chemical smell" when I wore L'eau Majeure D'Issey and "vomit" when I wore Mugler's Ice*Men (must have been the patchouli?)

Misirlou

Reaction score
What were some of her funny or strong reactions so far?:s13:

I got "strong weird chemical smell" when I wore L'eau Majeure D'Issey and "vomit" when I wore Mugler's Ice*Men (must have been the patchouli?)

She practically hates everything in my collection, especially oriental scents. To her it smells like a temple. She is only ok with one scent, Mendittorosa. :s22:

The strong chemical or vomit smell could be the interaction with your skin?

Most freshie on my skin drys down to a sweaty armpit smell lol

eedwinn

Master Member
Reaction score
Hell guys,

with this whole Covid situation going on, where is a good place to buy fragrances online? Not that I have a lot of chance to use it... But getting ready for the day to be able to go out and about again!

grizzly76

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hell guys,

with this whole Covid situation going on, where is a good place to buy fragrances online? Not that I have a lot of chance to use it... But getting ready for the day to be able to go out and about again!

I finally caved and gave FragranceX.com a try.
Ordered on 15 Apr, supposedly reached Singapore on 19 Apr but still processing at origin hub currently.
WFH now actually means I get to wear and try more fragrances than usual :s13:

bbbbbw

Reaction score
I am using Dior sauvage parfum now. Interested in the new Dior Homme EDT. Anybody using the new Dior Homme ?

grizzly76

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using Dior sauvage parfum now. Interested in the new Dior Homme EDT. Anybody using the new Dior Homme ?

Seems like iris has been dropped in the 2020 version, making it a citrus woody fragrance...

Dior Homme (2005)
Top notes: lavender, sage, bergamot
Middle notes: iris, amber, cacao, cardamom
Base notes: patchouli, leather, vetiver

Dior Homme (2020)
Top notes: bergamot, pink pepper, elemi
Middle notes: patchouli, cedar, cashmere wood
Base notes: white musk, vetiver, Ios E Super

starlike

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no idea why Dior keep dropping IRIS in their new Homme fragrance. first its Dior Homme Sports, den now Dior Homme. big fan of the iris note, so its a no go for me

grizzly76

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no idea why Dior keep dropping IRIS in their new Homme fragrance. first its Dior Homme Sports, den now Dior Homme. big fan of the iris note, so its a no go for me

I'm not drawn to the iris note but it is (was?) the signature note of the Dior Homme line. The 2020 reformulation seems to have been market researched until safe; they should have just called it by another name...

bbbbbw

Reaction score
unfortunately SG will only have the new dior homme EDT which doesnt have the iris, no new dior homme intense or parfum which has the iris.

Misirlou

Reaction score
any recommendations ?

I sniffed EO1 and C&P but the edp version. I’m still deciding if wanna get the EO1 9.5ml pure parfum tester.

U really need to love naturals and real ambergris to like ensar’s work.

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sniffed EO1 and C&P but the edp version. I’m still deciding if wanna get the EO1 9.5ml pure parfum tester.

U really need to love naturals and real ambergris to like ensar’s work.

discount seems to be over...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.