Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Gughie

Reaction score
I used comgateway for delivery of a tablet and the service was good. DHL brought it to me within 4 days lol. Anyone wants a referral just PM me.

MRbeanie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dropping by again to mention how happy I am with ComGateWay, especially with their OneBox service that combines multiple packages into 1, and they also remove all unnecessary space (got pros and cons), saving a bit of money from the combined shipment (depends on how much air and empty space the original packages can be cut down from).

Have been shipping once every 1-2 months. Maybe next time I'll take a picture of the package next time.

Also, kind of feel deserving that Borderlinx has went down, especially after what they did to my previous package:

can check, if my 2 items is at 500 SGD, and i m given the chance to do one box, but has to pay gst, isit better to do one box and save or pay the gst? or just seperate to ship

flexicon

Reaction score
can check, if my 2 items is at 500 SGD, and i m given the chance to do one box, but has to pay gst, isit better to do one box and save or pay the gst? or just seperate to ship
you can ask customer service for the estimated savings for OneBox. If the savings is higher compared to the GST, I'll go for it. But if GST is higher, I'll just ship twice.

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much was the shipping for your tablet? I just ordered a tablet and estimated shipping is USD34. Seems much higher than ezbuy.

I used comgateway for delivery of a tablet and the service was good. DHL brought it to me within 4 days lol. Anyone wants a referral just PM me.

Viszhnu

Reaction score
How does comgateway charge?

Anyone familiar with how to use comgateway and also their charges?

Their estimated charges quoted is the cost to bring the item all the way to you local address?

And also during the shipping are there any additional charges like forex fees, taxes and so on?

edwardhjt

Reaction score
Anyone has experience of CGW rejecting shipment? I had a nike shipment which was ordered by a US buddy and sent to CGW rejected. Do they not accept nike shipments? First time seeing this after using CGW for so many years

It's likely due to the zip code issue. They explain it in the FAQ after I was wondering why my best buy order keeps getting cancelled.

Due to our large volume of packages and in order to enhance sorting and delivery performance, the United States Postal Service has provided us with our own ZIP code (97252). However, some online stores may not recognize this yet, so we encourage you to use the old ZIP code (97220); you may use 97252 but only if a store prevents you from using the other. Both zip codes are valid.

Additionally, some online stores require a ZIP+4 code. The first five digits indicate the destination post office or delivery area. Whereas, the last 4 digits represents a specific delivery route within that overall delivery area. If asked by the online store, please use the ZIP+4 code below:

97252-0001 (primary)
97220-6843

Under I would like help with>My US Address>I am having issues with the zip code

jimzephyr

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone has Comgateway referral code?
I'm looking to opening an account with them.

Do you know if now still can order laptop from USA and ship to Singapore with no issues using these forwarding service?
Is comgateway better than Ezbuy or others for this purpose?

Thank you all in advance for your advice!

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with how to use comgateway and also their charges?

Their estimated charges quoted is the cost to bring the item all the way to you local address?

And also during the shipping are there any additional charges like forex fees, taxes and so on?

there is got GST tax if u exceed.
Im not sure about estimate charge cause my account damn long alrdy

1test11

Reaction score
SingPost vPost is an ABSOLUTE DISASTER. AVOID.

Let me share my experience....

vPost from USA to Singapore by SingPost is a COMPLETE DISASTER.

WARNING: AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.
DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE.

The affiliation to Singapore's national postal service is a red herring. It gave me the FALSE impression of quality, competence and professionalism when it turned out to be an ABSOLUTE DISASTER.

I ordered an office chair from a manufacturer in the USA. That is a NASDAQ-listed company. The model I ordered has been in production and is sold world-wide for more than 10 years.

I believed vPost's FALSE claim of "convenience", "reliable" service and "more savings", That gives customers a FALSE belief that it is a simple matter to ship from the USA to Singapore, I had my chair delivered to SingPost vPost USA forwarding address.

The office chair arrived on 8 June 2020.

I was surprised/shocked that SingPost vPost classified the chair as a pressurised restricted dangerous item.

Then, the NIGHTMARE began.

I was asked to provide MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for the chair to prove that it is safe. Since the chair was made by a public-listed company with a >US$1 billion market cap, all safety, environmental and quality certifications, assembly and disassembly instructions down to the last screw, were available and provided to SingPost vPost.

SingPost vPost replied to insist that the chair has pressurised parts .... when the manufacturer (the professionals who designed and made the chair) informed that those are spring mechanisms.

I was given 4 options -
1. return the chair to manufacturer (I had to provide prepaid postage label from manufacturer AND pay admin fees to SingPost);
2. redirect to another address in the USA (I had to pay full postage AND admin fees to SingPost);
3. had ANOTHER courier company pick up the chair from SingPost USA warehouse (i.e. I had to pay another courier company for the nonsense from SingPost vPost);
4. DISCARD the chair (SingPost vPost did not pay for the chair, so I suppose it is none of their business).

I checked around, to verify the "dangerous pressured item" claim by SingPost, and the "cannot clear customs and ship to Singapore" claim.

It was a COMPLETE LIE.

1. DHL and FeDex immediately confirmed ability to ship and quoted me.
2. comGateway, ezBuy, myShip and other freight-forwarders confirmed that they could ship the chair from US to Singapore.
3. A seller on Shopee confirmed selling 500+ such chairs in Singapore.
4. A local distributor in Singapore has been bringing in and selling chairs, including this model, from this manufacturer for years.
5. SingPost's own "dedicated buy-for-me concierge" service AORA quoted me when I requested to purchase this chair and deliver it to Singapore, at a 5% surcharge.

After communicating with all the other freight-forwarders, I decided to give the business to ezbuy as their warehouse was only 20 minutes drive from SingPost's warehouse in Oregon, Portland. Ezship's forwarding address was provided to SingPost.

SingPost vPost invoiced me S$305.26 !!! to forward my chair to another address 20 minutes drive from theirs. That was an ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING AMOUNT. It cost MORE than the estimated USA to Singapore delivery charges quoted by SingPost themselves.

It was even more laughable to know that SingPost vPost engaged UPS to do the local re-direction in USA. I was given tracking info from UPS. Completely ludicrous!

And, I had to constantly chase them for more than a week for them to create a confusing "dummy invoice" so that I can pay S$305.26. That "dummy invoice" had options for economy, standard and sea freight, and listed my address in Singapore. Here we have, SingPost, a Singapore national postal entity, giving a customer a FAKE invoice, to take customer's monies to engage another courier to do a delivery they could not do themselves.

As for the Standard Chartered Bank credit card tie up, the promotional codes did NOT work on a "dummy invoice". As a result, I used a business recommended by Standard Chartered Singapore, and was severely penalized instead. 😡😡😡

All in all, my chair arrived at SingPost vPost warehouse on 8 June 2020. It was re-directed to another freight-forwarder on 15 July 2020 at a cost of S$305.26.

Do NOT use SingPost if you do NOT want to be given
1. Nonsensical crap EXCUSES when they do not want to deliver your item,
2. Waste TIME chasing them to get things done,
3. Waste A LOT OF MONIES on incompetent imbeciles when the job was actually done by someone else.

SingPost vPost had been informed in my emails that those communications and this experience will be made publicly available.

And, still this kind of crap from them ...

keniphone

Reaction score
I use buyandship to ship from Japan.
They calculate by weight and not volumetric.
Flat cost $6/pound.
Is it cheap?

rjhatl

Reaction score
Let me share my experience....

vPost from USA to Singapore by SingPost is a COMPLETE DISASTER.

WARNING: AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.
DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE.

I agree, I had a similar bad experience with them. We wanted to use them to ship a bedframe and mattress via sea freight. We talked to them to confirm that we could do this, they told us no problem (their website still lists mattresses as things you can ship via sea freight - HardwareZone won't let me post the link but the page is easily found). So we bought them and had everything shipped to vPost.

When the mattress arrived, they contacted us to say that they can't ship mattresses and we'd need to either throw it away or pay someone else to come get it. We went back and forth with vPost and Singpost over this, pointing out that they told us that this wouldn't be a problem before we bought it and that their website says mattresses can be shipped via sea. vPost refused to budge, and Singpost gave us generic "we're sorry you're having problems with our service" responses.

We ultimately found another freight company in Portland that picked up the mattress and frame and delivered both safely to Singapore (at our expense, and vPost also had the nerve to charge us a handling fee for receiving the mattress that they refused to ship). We've refused to use vPost ever since then and only use Comgateway now, though sadly they don't offer sea as an option.

1a2a3a

Reaction score
if i need to ship from amazon usa to singapore (for products where the us doesnt deliver to sg) anyone got forwarder to recommend?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.