TPG mobile Email notofication.confused on date format

comex_1

Reaction score
Your current service trial plan will expire on 2020-01-10 19:05:49.0. To migrate to our TPG 50GB SIM Only Plan, or cancel your current service trial plan with TPG, please visit My Account before 2020-01-10 19:05:49.0. Click on Mobile Management>Plan Renew to migrate to our 50GB SIM Only Plan.

Anyone can explain?

Philz

Reaction score
I also received an email saying “Your current service trial plan will expire on 2020-01-09 15:33:58.0.”
So confusing.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can login to your account and make your selection even before getting the email.

007Mi6

Reaction score
Actually doesn’t matter. If you want to be in $10 plan then click and subscribe.

Else just let it lapse and expired service

limpingsim98

Reaction score
Another big screwup by TPG team, we are suppose to travel back in time to cancel our plan??? (2020-01-12) !!! how can we trust them. Thanks, no more TPG. I worry using your network and get back one day!

Dear xxyyzz,

Thank you for choosing TPG for your mobile needs. We are pleased to inform you that we have launched our commercial service as of 31 March 2020. Please visit*www.tpgmobile.sg*for details on our new TPG 50GB SIM Only Plan.

You are currently subscribed to the following free service trial plan:

Username: xxyyzz

Mobile Number:*12345678

Your current service trial plan will expire on 2020-01-12 17:02:35.0. To migrate to our TPG 50GB SIM Only Plan, or cancel your current service trial plan with TPG, please visit*My Account*before 2020-01-12 17:02:35.0. Click on Mobile Management>Plan Renew to migrate to our 50GB SIM Only Plan.

Got a question? Drop us an email at*support@tpgmobile.sg.

We look forward to making your TPG experience a happy one.

Kind regards,

TPG

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another big screwup by TPG team, we are suppose to travel back in time to cancel our plan??? (2020-01-12) !!! how can we trust them. Thanks, no more TPG. I worry using your network and get back one day!

IMHO.
I don't consider this as a big screw.
I believe it is done on purpose. This can be also seen in their facebook reply which is vague.

My understanding of the email when they had explicitly indicate the 2 dates, it could be possible that
a) start charging from the expiry of the trial to the day of opt-in
b) to start charging from the date of the launch of their paid plan to the date of the opt-in

Unless I am mistaken, I recall something about the trial extended to 31st May but can't validate it.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did not receive their second email, however last month I receive an email to notify that trial will end 30 May 2020.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did not receive their second email, however last month I receive an email to notify that trial will end 30 May 2020.

When is your expiry? Maybe they go by expiry date.
I've gotten the email today and my expiry is Jan-2020.

Or they could choose the sneakier path - go by users who have high usage whom would more likely to take up their paid plan !

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO.
I don't consider this as a big screw.
I believe it is done on purpose. This can be also seen in their facebook reply which is vague.

My understanding of the email when they had explicitly indicate the 2 dates, it could be possible that
a) start charging from the expiry of the trial to the day of opt-in
b) to start charging from the date of the launch of their paid plan to the date of the opt-in

Unless I am mistaken, I recall something about the trial extended to 31st May but can't validate it.

From Auditor stand point. This is bridge of contract agreement. It was expired and yet it allow user to continue without paying it. Either user will pay or some function in the company has to take up and waived these outstanding chargers.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Currently, the new term is if you don't act on it. They will default you to $10 plan. If you cancel, the message say they will write to you when they process it! Looks like is a manual effort by some backend staff.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of trial users had used the service more than 12-month becos they actually extended the trial becos their service was not ready to be launched back then.

I believe as long as ur current line is still 2GB/day + unlimited data at throttled speed, you do not need to worry anything as ur plan is not switched the $10 monthly one.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When is your expiry? Maybe they go by expiry date.
I've gotten the email today and my expiry is Jan-2020.

Or they could choose the sneakier path - go by users who have high usage whom would more likely to take up their paid plan !

i got the email last month when they announce the launch of their $10 plan. The date format is 30 May 2020. The last day of my trial.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently, the new term is if you don't act on it. They will default you to $10 plan. If you cancel, the message say they will write to you when they process it! Looks like is a manual effort by some backend staff.

Yeah, i think their systems not really as automated unlike those established MVNOs and telcos.

OnePunch!!

Reaction score
I see their job applications for job requires so High but this little paper work blunder hahaha

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better port out before 30 May if you want to keep the number. I'm sceptical about their billing system :vijayadmin:.

kokfann

Reaction score
It’s not screw up. The first batch is supposed to “expire” last Dec or Jan, depending on the start date. Then TPG extend it again for FOC. It’s a free service and you Kpkb so much. You could kpkb so much but I’m sure you will soon “crawl” back and sign up with them again. No point to talk back here, ie don’t sign up with them etc.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Seriously I doubt they can survive as a 4th telco. Even all the current MNPs are struggling with their profit margin for consumer business.

Now average a user only spend like $10 to $20++ monthly only due to high competitors with all the MVNOs. With VOIP, not much people will incur extra calls or sms or even extra data charges like 20 years back and the price plans are way cheaper than 20 years ago. Considering the inflation etc., I seriously dun think they are making a lot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.