The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all just wondering
for photoshop lightroom and gaming,

can i make do with like 1600, 2600,3600 and their x counterparts.
which is the most value for money?

currently running 4c/8t
so am thinking going 6c/12t will help spread the cpu load

Gaming: Go for 3xxx series.

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wait for 5600XT .
dun bother with gtx1660 super and below already :s12: redundant tech :D

4K gaming? u need at least ~800 and above lol. Higher Frames are always better than pixels especially in shooting/fighting games which is pretty much most AAA titles.

Radeon adrenalin driver and software problematic, check reddits, YT for user KPKB....

Got never ending problems with Giga 5700 and 4K monitor... pop in a navidia all issues gone....:s13::s13::s13:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Radeon adrenalin driver and software problematic, check reddits, YT for user KPKB....

Got never ending problems with Giga 5700 and 4K monitor... pop in a navidia all issues gone....:s13::s13::s13:

I believe AMD addressed some of the issues, especially the one resulting in the black screen.

hafiz116

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick question,... What are the quietest ARGB fans available? I installed the Aorus liquid cooler 360 and a 3 fan setup by cooler master but I feel that the fan noise it too loud. Any recommendations on Aura sync replacement fans?

From what I can see Noctua are some of the best but does not look like they have ARGB.

Last edited:

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick question,... What are the quietest ARGB fans available? I installed the Aorus liquid cooler 360 and a 3 fan setup by cooler master but I feel that the fan noise it too loud. Any recommendations on Aura sync replacement fans?

From what I can see Noctua are some of the best but does not look like they have ARGB.

Maybe stick to the existing ARGB thread as this is for AMD Ryzen 3000 discussions?

contacted

Reaction score
What feature are you looking for the B550 to address? The NVMe you selected is gen 3 not 4 so it cant be that.

You're right, nothing that Gen 3 can't support or maybe something that is too expensive now. Maybe in the future when Gen 4 nvme is cheaper or what then it's a little future proof.

I'm not super savvy at this but since it's close to release date, can wait a little.

hafiz116

Reaction score
You're right, nothing that Gen 3 can't support or maybe something that is too expensive now. Maybe in the future when Gen 4 nvme is cheaper or what then it's a little future proof.

I'm not super savvy at this but since it's close to release date, can wait a little.

Here's what we know up to now: -

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-b550-chipset-specifications-motherboard-specs,40467.html

So IF you are looking to get a B450 after the B550 is released (price should drop a little) then that's one angle but other than the support for PCIE4 I do not see any advantage.

Last edited:

contacted

Reaction score
Here's what we know up to now: -

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-b550-chipset-specifications-motherboard-specs,40467.html

So IF you are looking to get a B450 after the B550 is released (price should drop a little) then that's one angle but other than the support for PCIE4 I do not see any advantage.

I've seen a graph that AMD will support AM4 till 2020 so it's likely just 1 more generation of CPUs (4000)? Hence even b450 can support and future proofing is also limited by the AM4 socket?

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ryzen 3 3300X will feature four cores on a single CCX
https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-ryzen-3300X-3100-core-configuration/

The Ryzen 3 3300X will feature four cores on a single CCX, which means it should have less latency between the cores and therefore less latency overall. That's important for gaming performance.

AMD's budget Ryzen 3300X can outperform Intel i7-7700K?
https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-ryzen-3300x-performance/

New budget chips, B550 budget motherboards... these 2 months should be interesting, song boh? :vijayadmin:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.