Macbook Pro 13" 2020

MilgaussSC

Reaction score
So who ordered already? :D

Waiting for reviews of the thermals and performance before i order one.

hmm how did u get e internals of e 4port mbp? I thought nobody has it yet

This is the internals of the 2019 models, but the 2016 - 2019 models have had identical internals. With the 2020 2 thunderbolt macbook pro being just a keyboard swap, it most likely will have identical internals.

The 4 thunderbolt port models have always shipped with 28watt processors and the 2 fan design is the only way apple can cool that 28watt processor efficiently in a 13inch chassis.

I would be shocked if the internals arent similar in this new 2020 model

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Although price is tempting but I think my 2016 tb still going strong for remote access, parallels and entertainment. Just that duno why the coating on screen disappear. Oil stain can’t clean off.

Guess shall wait for 14” de.

symbiote28

Reaction score
can i just confirm that applecare for macbooks, you must buy within a year from date of purchase?

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i just confirm that applecare for macbooks, you must buy within a year from date of purchase?

Best to get together else u might forget. Like me... twice i forget to buy before end of 12 month!

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

AppleCare+ is within 60 days.
AppleCare Protection Plan is within 12 months.

Last edited:

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Curious if boot cAmp to win10
Will the key road affected I’d wee need to use Windows’s key broad command

9HpFx5b.gif

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I like this youtuber's review, tips, comparisons and advice. Very detail and straight to the point. Now waiting for his benchmark comparisons.

OnePunch!!

Reaction score
As in if I will go install windows on MAC
Will the MAC keybroad affect mine windows Short cuts like
Control C
Control X
Control Z

talberry

Reaction score
I've been thinking to get between the new MBA and the MBP... But seems like alot of people are having issues with the fans and overheating!

Anyone can recommend which configuration I should get? I occasionally work with datasets, so will use MATLAB, SPSS...

What do you all think I should get?

I currently have a 13" MBP (2017), and my battery seems like its dying.. so I'm thinking it may be a good time to get a new model.

coolhirako

Reaction score
I've been thinking to get between the new MBA and the MBP... But seems like alot of people are having issues with the fans and overheating!

Anyone can recommend which configuration I should get? I occasionally work with datasets, so will use MATLAB, SPSS...

What do you all think I should get?

I currently have a 13" MBP (2017), and my battery seems like its dying.. so I'm thinking it may be a good time to get a new model.

Just replace your battery will do

1scape

Banned
Reaction score
The cooling in terms of exhaust and intake is similar. The intake and exhaust are both at the hinge. HOWEVER, the 13inch 2 thunderbolt port has a heatpipe connected to the heatsink. Makes a big difference.

The 4 thunderbolt model intakes air from the slots at the bottom of the chassis and exhausts it at the hinge.

If let’s say you’re happy with your i5 air, you can keep it. There are use cases where the i5 makes sense. $200 is quite substantial in savings. You might not need the additional performance from the pros. If you’d like to know more about the $1,799 pro, check reviews of the 2019 MacBook Pro.

Here’s a comparison of the MacBook Pro 2019 2 thunderbolt (it’s the same as the 2020 2 thunderbolt, except the keyboard and storage had been upgraded). Jump to 7 mins in the video

https://youtu.be/zcj1FpElgwM

I initiated a return today for MBA 2020 😄. It gets hot while I was using it last night

What's the difference between the mbp 13" 2019 and 2020 besides the keyboard?
and is the 2019 mbp 13" keyboard that lousy? I been using a mbp 2011 and it has an inverted t keyboard already. I haven't been monitoring the development over the years.

I would love to try the difference at apple store but can't.

thiamhui

Reaction score
I initiated a return today for MBA 2020 😄. It gets hot while I was using it last night

and is the 2019 mbp 13" keyboard that lousy? I been using a mbp 2011 and it has an inverted t keyboard already. I haven't been monitoring the development over the years.

Aiyo... Keep seeing pple returning the MBA due to heat issue...
To spec both MBA and MBP with i5-10, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD, price diff is S$500. As a newbie in MacBook with light usage, dunno if I should spend the extra money... :s22:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyo... Keep seeing pple returning the MBA due to heat issue...
To spec both MBA and MBP with i5-10, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD, price diff is S$500. As a newbie in MacBook with light usage, dunno if I should spend the extra money... :s22:

Light usage no. Just stick with MBA.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No difference except the keyboard if comparing between the base model. The fourth gen butterfly keys are actually much improved and has a better typing experience. I actually like it a lot more than the scissor switch.

Besides, the butterfly keyboard has 4 years of warranty. Any issue, Apple will replace the whole base for you.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
say if i maxed out the specs for a 13" or 16"

can this replace my windows desktop ?

cos i wanna try jump back to osx, use windows abit sian liao

i'm considering between PC and Mac now. Had in mind to build a ryzen rig which cost about 4.8k to 5k

was using mac mini in 2012 then mbp 15" in 2013-2015.

i dun play games.

just need to do video rendering, heavy photoshops and illustrator.

which one will be better ? 13" or 16" ?

any difference in performance between these 2 after maxed out ?

Also can consider iMac if they refresh it this year :D

TIA

Last edited:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
say if i maxed out the specs for a 13" or 16"

can this replace my windows desktop ?

cos i wanna try jump back to osx, use windows abit sian liao

i'm considering between PC and Mac now. Had in mind to build a ryzen rig which cost about 4.8k to 5k

was using mac mini in 2012 then mbp 15" in 2013-2015.

i dun play games.

just need to do video rendering, heavy photoshops and illustrator.

which one will be better ? 13" or 16" ?

any difference in performance between these 2 after maxed out ?

Also can consider iMac if they refresh it this year :D

TIA

You are better off waiting for the new iMac refresh this year. It’s definitely coming.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.