Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah. trying for an hour to connect 65P8S to my Google home but unable to.

Google home can't find this device. I tot all android TV with chromecast will be supported.

anyone successfully connected pls do share the guide.

thanks

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iWKgTyH.jpg

Received my 55P8M 2 days ago. Tweaked with these settings:
Colour temp: Warm
Tint 47
Bright: 49
Contrast: 77
Colour Sat: 49
Black Level: 47
Gamma: 0

CLARITY (menu)
Sharpness; 50
Digital Noise Reduction OFF
Noise Reduction OFF

Motion: LED motion clear: Off
Micro dimming, Dynamic contrast, dynamic backlight all set to OFF

It was stunning. Initially it works with my google home for voice commands like turning tv off/on, search youtube etc(somehow netflix cant work via voice command idk why), but after i updated the all the apps at playstore, it stopped working. Like Google Home cant detect my TV, even though casting from my phone manually onto the TV still works.

I can use the remote control (Google Assistant voice command) to search for movies in Netflix app. It understand when I speak Chinese words too.

On my phone Google home app just link to Netflix account.

MU0kmpG.jpg

yEurAic.jpg

Last edited:

carrrt

Reaction score
I mean i got it to work with Google Home, but somehow after I updated the TV it stopped working. Would try the fix provided to see if it works.

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nobody share reviews for tcl tv pic quality? hmmm

I say it's very good PQ.
The best way is you go to Giant look at their 4k demo video or bring ur own videos and test on all the brands you like for accurate comparison.

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
via remote voice button works.

but wanted to change channel, play youtube/netflix without even touching the remote...via voice command.

thanks for the link. Will try it out n report back.

unlink, update the chromecast app from Google playstore..now can detect device n added. but can control volume only. can't power on or off or play yt/nf from Google home.

5pmodD5.jpg

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giant? as in the tampines mega giant?

Yes. Giant Tampines, IMM and sembawang all display the TCL you can play ur own 4K videos there. If have promotor ask him to try ur videos. If don't promotor you self service lah or ask Giant staff to pass you the remote control.

Alphavisions supply TCL to Giant. You can call them too.

Hoo8899

Reaction score
Anyone has problem with TCL TV digital output? I connected the cable to sound system and set TV sound setting to PCM, it works for day 1, from day 2 onwards I can't get sound thru the sound system, cable is new and looks ok as I can see red light after connected to the TV, what could be the problem? I am using LG BlueRay payer with 5.1. Thanks

Last edited:

Lexyyy

Reaction score
Seems like Giant at semb shopping centre just got a restock. At least 10 sets of 55 left

buibuicheong

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. Giant Tampines, IMM and sembawang all display the TCL you can play ur own 4K videos there. If have promotor ask him to try ur videos. If don't promotor you self service lah or ask Giant staff to pass you the remote control.

Alphavisions supply TCL to Giant. You can call them too.

thank you. thats very helpful.

i went to giant tampines but sadly the queue to enter giant is super long , so i left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.