Xiaomi's Routers!

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to this website :

https://en.techreviewer.de/xiaomi-r3p-test/

xiaomi-mi-r3p-lan-usb3.jpg

This is with USB 3.0 Enabled.

The Mi Router R3P with USB 3.0 Enabled, over Gigabit connection can hit >80MB/s transfer speed. I would consider that to be very decent.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just found out that the USB port on my router is only USB 2.0.

Based on :

https://superuser.com/questions/317217/whats-the-maximum-typical-speed-possible-with-a-usb2-0-drive

Write speed for USB 2.0 is about 25-30MB/s. Which is about what I gotten. Guess I need to change my router if I want a faster transfer speed.
R3P user for several years. Just tested for u,

35MB/s from pc SSD to router portable HDD USB3.0

100MB/s from router to PC

Might be depending on the portable HDD specs

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you so much!!

Just to confirm that your PC is linked to the router via Gigabit connection correct?

For the Mi Router 2 1TB that I am using, it only has USB 2.0. Copying files from my PC to a harddisk that is linked via the USB port :

PC to the harddisk (via USB port) - 25-30MB/s
Harddisk (via USB port) to my PC - 33-35MB/s

So the writing to the harddisk via the USB port is only about 5MB/s faster.

Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Another question : Do you happen to have Xiaomi IP Camera? Are you able to push the video files from the IP camera to the harddisk connected via the USB port?

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you so much!!

Just to confirm that your PC is linked to the router via Gigabit connection correct?

For the Mi Router 2 1TB that I am using, it only has USB 2.0. Copying files from my PC to a harddisk that is linked via the USB port :

PC to the harddisk (via USB port) - 25-30MB/s
Harddisk (via USB port) to my PC - 33-35MB/s

So the writing to the harddisk via the USB port is only about 5MB/s faster.
Yup connected via gigabit LAN. My guess is my particular HDD have limited written speed, as the read speed / transfer from HDD to pc can reach 100MB easily.

Had both Xiaomi IP Cam (1 or 2 can't rem) and Dafang, able to push from sdcard to the NAS storage via WiFi (I believe on daily basis) However the IP cam/Xiaoyi software is quite buggy iirc

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup connected via gigabit LAN. My guess is my particular HDD have limited written speed, as the read speed / transfer from HDD to pc can reach 100MB easily.

Had both Xiaomi IP Cam (1 or 2 can't rem) and Dafang, able to push from sdcard to the NAS storage via WiFi (I believe on daily basis) However the IP cam/Xiaoyi software is quite buggy iirc

You mean when you plug the same harddisk (the one that you plug to the USB port of the router) to your PC directly, you can achieve read/write speed of 100MB/s, correct?

From this :
https://www.jayceooi.com/xiaomi-wireless-router-pro-review/

Quote :
Yeah… I am getting network-attached storage (NAS) alike performance with USB hard drive on Xiaomi Wireless Router Pro through USB 3.0. That’s for reading from USB SSD through Gigabit Ethernet. Writing is limited at 22MB/s on Ethernet. Don’t know why as I can achieve higher writing speed through wireless.

Seems like from the above review, read is 100MB/s but write is only 22MB/s. The reviewer says that he achieve higher writing speed through wireless. Maybe you can try transferring file from your notebook over wifi?

When you say "NAS Storage", are you referring to the NAS that you have or the harddisk that you plug to the Mi Router Pro via the USB port?

Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forget about it. Is too slow. U better off storing your stuff in the clouds.

Oic. Have you tried it yet?

Yah, storing on Cloud is good. Which Cloud provider are you using? How much does it cost to store say maybe 4TB of data?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Is this Mi Router Pro (R3P) IPV6 ready?

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean when you plug the same harddisk (the one that you plug to the USB port of the router) to your PC directly, you can achieve read/write speed of 100MB/s, correct?

From this :
https://www.jayceooi.com/xiaomi-wireless-router-pro-review/

Quote :
Yeah… I am getting network-attached storage (NAS) alike performance with USB hard drive on Xiaomi Wireless Router Pro through USB 3.0. That’s for reading from USB SSD through Gigabit Ethernet. Writing is limited at 22MB/s on Ethernet. Don’t know why as I can achieve higher writing speed through wireless.

Seems like from the above review, read is 100MB/s but write is only 22MB/s. The reviewer says that he achieve higher writing speed through wireless. Maybe you can try transferring file from your notebook over wifi?

When you say "NAS Storage", are you referring to the NAS that you have or the harddisk that you plug to the Mi Router Pro via the USB port?
No, always plugged to router (write 35MB/s read 100MB/s). Didn't try plugging on pc yet

HDD plug via USB3.0

There's a IPV6 on/off on router setting, but I didn't use it. Care to share what's the use/advantage/feature of it in short? Haha

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

NAS i.e network attached storage referring to my hdd plugged to router via usb port, not those standalone NAS plugged via ethernet

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NAS i.e network attached storage referring to my hdd plugged to router via usb port, not those standalone NAS plugged via ethernet

Oic. That great to know. Currently, the Mi Router 2 1TB that I am using is quite good. But the Wifi signal seems a bit unstable. The good thing is that it got 1TB harddisk inside.

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oic. That great to know. Currently, the Mi Router 2 1TB that I am using is quite good. But the Wifi signal seems a bit unstable. The good thing is that it got 1TB harddisk inside.

Yeah am extremely satisfied with my R3P too. just checked that i purchased at $99 exactly 3 years ago, running 24/7 since then. Really good price for a AC2600, of which i sold both my Asus AC66U and also another free bundled asus router from m1. Cheaper better coverage faster

On the other hand, my Mi TV 2 is a missed though :(

wffLfl2.jpg

Last edited:

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah am extremely satisfied with my R3P too. just checked that i purchased at $99 exactly 3 years ago, running 24/7 since then. Really good price for a AC2600, of which i sold both my Asus AC66U and also another free bundled asus router from m1. Cheaper better coverage faster

On the other hand, my Mi TV 2 is a missed though :(

wffLfl2.jpg

R3P is very solid router. Its performance still easily top the low-mid budget routers after 2-3 years int he market.

Definitely gonna stick to low budget high performance routers like this in the future :s12:

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Myth 1 : AX router is expensive

Price of AX router lazada : $139.00 - $155.00
Price of AC router lazada : $99.00 - $115.00

In this thread post #9 TP-Link Archer AX1500, starts at only $165.00
Only US$70 from Walmart

EXPENSIVE ???...............Hmmmmmm..............

Myth 2 : not proven
The main focus of AX is technology employed OFDMA
it is widely by mobile telecommunication equipment long before bringing it to wifi routers.

Myth 3 : no AX compatible client
There are already available AX client for laptop/desktop
Do a google search and you can find it easily

My contention is, there is a vendor already bring down the price to a affordable level for consumer to embrace this new technology. Why wait and spend money on outdated stuff ?

Enough said !!!

There are even cheaper wifi 6 routers like hwawei ax3 ard 50 sgd :s12:

Probably be more coming in the future .

No need invest in wifi6 asap since 2Gbp and wifi6 devices also not very affordable/mainstream yet.
Dun think we can tap into its full potential any time soon.

FYI Wifi 7 already announced :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.