200+ Ping on CoD Warzone on Singtel

coma123

Reaction score
I asked @singtelsupport on Twitter to help and this is their reply:

"Hi there, so sorry to learn of this. You may wish to reach out to Activision Support (https://t.co/IGCPUU4CgI) for assistance instead, as advised by Demonware (they provide hosting for COD). Rest assured, our Network Team is following up as well."

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im having the same problem too... tried using exitlag, now getting back constant 15ms.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I asked @singtelsupport on Twitter to help and this is their reply:

"Hi there, so sorry to learn of this. You may wish to reach out to Activision Support (https://t.co/IGCPUU4CgI) for assistance instead, as advised by Demonware (they provide hosting for COD). Rest assured, our Network Team is following up as well."

No. This is NOT Activision's fault. Please refer to anarchy89's post. See the image that shows trace route for Singtel vs ViewQwest and Starhub.

Singtel's is taking way more hops to reach the destination. This basically means that Singtel's local DNS servers do not have the address for Singapore's local Choopa/Equinix servers that Activision uses.
And therefore, it keeps on connecting to other DNS servers in order to obtain a connection to the Singapore game server. Resulting in you guys having to connect overseas and then back to Singapore.

There are now 2 problems here.

1) Singtel needs to go through many DNS servers in order to reach the destination. (literally 16 servers on Singtel vs 7 servers on Starhub and ViewQwest)

2) Singtel needs to go to a few overseas servers who will then have direct connection to the Singapore server meaning your data packets have to go all the way to the overseas servers (yup, more than 1 overseas servers including to Ireland and US) and then back to Singapore.

Both these factors increases latency/ping exponentially.

Singtel, as per normal with its high organization structure will require that more people complain before they will do something.

GundamKnight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have much better ping today, the route to the same IP has changed from GTT to NTT it seems

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
PrH1hjw.jpg

This is how Singtel support solve issues :s13:

twinraven

Reaction score
Guys, u all can't log in anymore right?

I was playing late this afternoon. No issues logging in, but took damn long to find a match for multiplayer. Seems like lag issue is back also. My ping went up to 280

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
Getting 50-60ms ping now, while my friend on M1 still 12-15ms.

Twitch and mixer still unwatchable with constant stutterings...

crossjune16

Reaction score
Anyone still having this issue? Was just thinking of switching to Singtel from StarHub but this kind of adds on to my doubts now, among the numerous downtimes singtel had.

Nightzz

Reaction score
Did you guys try Myrepublic? They got dedicated server to steam, never face any lag issue from them before.
My friend selling i think got bundle offer from friend.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys how to open NAT Type from moderate to open in the Singtel AC Plus?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.