iPad Pro 2020 (dual cam, trackpad support, floating keyboard)

katty91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is a good case to get? is there any that come with keyboard
bought an elecom film off and it is good with the pencil

staralliance

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone using Apple Pencil to take note and write emails with 12.9"? How is the convenience level? The reason why I ask is that currently, I'm using iPad 9.7" (Gen 6) with Apple Pencil 1 and now going to get IPP 12.9" for work remotely at out of office.

Initially, I thought of getting the Magic Keyboard but after seeing the reviews, read in this thread, and also considering the cost, I give up that idea. The next option is smart keyboard folio but again, I want more portability without having additional weight add on by the keyboard. Again the cost of smart keyboard folio is also around $300, so....

staralliance

Reaction score
Hi There,

Are you getting Cellular or WiFi only for iPad Pro 12.9"?

I understand it's good to have and about $150 different but how much will use over cellular than WiFi especially for 12.9" which mostly will not use on the go while commuting.

I really wants to hear from those who already owned iPad Pro and use it day to day life.

Melvyn_

Reaction score
Anyone got the magic keyboard touch pad case?

Am using it. Extremely good for typing and doing work on it. One thing to note is that it is quite heavy as opposed to the smart folio. Overall good product but if there is something negative about it, I would say is that is unable to fold all the way back like that smart folio.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi There,

Are you getting Cellular or WiFi only for iPad Pro 12.9"?

I understand it's good to have and about $150 different but how much will use over cellular than WiFi especially for 12.9" which mostly will not use on the go while commuting.

I really wants to hear from those who already owned iPad Pro and use it day to day life.

I use mine everyday (2018 model) and now using it more at work. Since owning iPads from the first gen mini, mini 2, mini 4, 10.5 Pro and now the 2018 Pro, I've never needed cellular. I've enough data so I always tether from phone and it works perfectly, hence no use paying for another subscription.

Of course, different people vary their uses and some find cellular very useful and can just use on the spot. As long as you're comfortable with it, go ahead.

staralliance

Reaction score
I use mine everyday (2018 model) and now using it more at work. Since owning iPads from the first gen mini, mini 2, mini 4, 10.5 Pro and now the 2018 Pro, I've never needed cellular. I've enough data so I always tether from phone and it works perfectly, hence no use paying for another subscription.

Of course, different people vary their uses and some find cellular very useful and can just use on the spot. As long as you're comfortable with it, go ahead.

Thank you for your reply with an explanation.

One more thing I would like to ask is the storage option. Should I go for 128GB or 256GB?
My intended usage with the iPad Pro 12.9" will be:
1. Reading and Replying emails.
2. Creating and editing simple PowerPoint files (may need to save on device but not a big files)
3. Viewing excel files (may need to save on device but not a lot too)
4. Netflix and Spotify (current storage usage on the device is 6GB for Spotify and normally Netflix is only when traveling at 2 GB the most)
5. Photo editing (not professional)

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply with an explanation.

One more thing I would like to ask is the storage option. Should I go for 128GB or 256GB?
My intended usage with the iPad Pro 12.9" will be:
1. Reading and Replying emails.
2. Creating and editing simple PowerPoint files (may need to save on device but not a big files)
3. Viewing excel files (may need to save on device but not a lot too)
4. Netflix and Spotify (current storage usage on the device is 6GB for Spotify and normally Netflix is only when traveling at 2 GB the most)
5. Photo editing (not professional)

128GB should be more than enough. I’m using the 11” 64GB model and my usage is surfing around, youtube, reading news such as ST, CNA and CNN, got a few games installed as well. I also have Notability for taking down personal notes and notes for my work.

I still have 42GB free.

staralliance

Reaction score
128GB should be more than enough. I’m using the 11” 64GB model and my usage is surfing around, youtube, reading news such as ST, CNA and CNN, got a few games installed as well. I also have Notability for taking down personal notes and notes for my work.

I still have 42GB free.

Thank you Snoweagle for your advice.

With all these inputs, after I changed the IPP configuration, I now can get IPP 12.9" 128GB WiFi with Logitech Slim Folio Pro case and Apple Pencil Gen 2 which is within my set budget.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you Snoweagle for your advice.

With all these inputs, after I changed the IPP configuration, I now can get IPP 12.9" 128GB WiFi with Logitech Slim Folio Pro case and Apple Pencil Gen 2 which is within my set budget.

Yes and I highly recommend the Logitech Slim Folio Pro too as I’m also using it. I haven’t used the new Apple Magic Keyboard case yet but by looking at it, it can only be used in portrait mode and only in that orientation. The Logitech one can use in typing, drawing, and handheld mode.

The gen 2 Pencil is great and much more convenient to use comparing to first gen.

staralliance

Reaction score
just ordered 12.9 ipad to replace my 9.7 ipad pro:D

How is your transition from 9.7" to 12.9"?

I mean do you use it every day? When you carry around, is it too big or too heavy? Or still can use conveniently as using 9.7" like before?

I am using 9.7" iPad 6th Gen and now going to get 12.9" to replace my MacBook Pro for simple tasks like checking emails at home on Weekends and nights, taking notes while attending meetings, create/edit and present PowerPoints presentations, simple Excel spreadsheet editing, watching YouTube/Netflix, listening music from Spotify, occasionally simple photo touchup or editing, etc...

With my current 9.7", it can't use for work-related things like Excel or PowerPoint due to the small screen size and that's where I am thinking of getting 12.9". But on the other hand, I also worried that because of 12.9" size, it is not convenient to carry around. Since all the retail shops are closed now, I can't go and see the actual one and even I see it or feel it for a while will not give a clear idea. That's why I want to hear their real-life experience from the people who already owned and used it.

Thanks in advance.

staralliance

Reaction score
Using 12.9 still find it small.
Hopefully got 13.3 iPad Pro next year

Thank you for your sharing Halo green. So you have no issue with bringing along or using on the go like in the car or at the airport or on the airplane, etc...?

I really want 12.9" for the big screen but I really worried that I might not bring along every day or not convenient to use on the go such as on the car or airport or airplane, etc...

icheb

Reaction score
I used to think that carrying the 12.9 inch iPad Pro around is very heavy and big for a tablet. Now I feel it’s normal, especially when paired with the smart keyboard folio. I will look just like any other notebook out there.

staralliance

Reaction score
I used to think that carrying the 12.9 inch iPad Pro around is very heavy and big for a tablet. Now I feel it’s normal, especially when paired with the smart keyboard folio. I will look just like any other notebook out there.

Does a notebook mean a laptop? If you are using iPad Pro 12.9" instead of a laptop, maybe it is okay, but what I worry about is portability. I don't want to bring around my laptop (even when I using Surface Pro 4) because of the bulkiness. So with iPad Pro 12.9", will it be put me in the same situation?

I really wish Apple make 11.5 or 11.9 iPad Pro instead of 11" since they have 10.5" for iPad Air already.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does a notebook mean a laptop? If you are using iPad Pro 12.9" instead of a laptop, maybe it is okay, but what I worry about is portability. I don't want to bring around my laptop (even when I using Surface Pro 4) because of the bulkiness. So with iPad Pro 12.9", will it be put me in the same situation?

I really wish Apple make 11.5 or 11.9 iPad Pro instead of 11" since they have 10.5" for iPad Air already.

If surface pro is heavy for you then a iPad Pro with magic keyboard will weight like a 13" MBP.

11' iPad Air will be out by this year.

staralliance

Reaction score
If surface pro is heavy for you then a iPad Pro with magic keyboard will weight like a 13" MBP.

11' iPad Air will be out by this year.

Weight is one thing but for me, the form factor (bulkiness, size) is the main issue. After thinking so long, I finally decided to get 11" instead of 12.9" and already placed order to make up my mind.

tambaididi

Reaction score
Any idea how i can string all the AppleCare for iPad pro, apple pencil and magic keyboard if they were purchased from different merchants and different dates?

TIA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.