Android TV Box

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bummer. Why can’t Mediacorp make an app just for Android TV? I don’t want to chromecast everything. Defeat the purpose of a standalone device.

No Chrome browser on Android TV Google Play Store too. Damn annoying.

I have a Google Chromecast dongle despite my TV has built-in Chromecast which doesn’t work all the time.

Maybe I should have gotten an Apple TV where meWATCH can be installed. Anyone wants to buy my Mi Box S? Apple TV got Safari browser?

If you are using a smart TV, you can install Me Watch.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mi box got inbuilt chromecast ultra.

u can cast mewatch or other apps or mirror your phone.

normally people here will recommend buy box and DIY.
if some "free" apps don't work well on tv, u can install on your phone and cast to screen.

So far, mi tv box S is rated the best value for money. The price range is $60~$70 recommendation for u.

if u dun want the hassle, can look at ubox/evpad

1 or 2 days ago I made an order on Aliexpress for a T95 tv box.. it was the first time I ordered something from them. Then i thought or it seemed that my new user coupon wasn't utilised so I cancelled it. When I check back the order, it was actually utilised... haiz their order/payment system is a bit confusing and unclear...

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 or 2 days ago I made an order on Aliexpress for a T95 tv box.. it was the first time I ordered something from them. Then i thought or it seemed that my new user coupon wasn't utilised so I cancelled it. When I check back the order, it was actually utilised... haiz their order/payment system is a bit confusing and unclear...

most platform don't return you coupon when you cancel purchase.

candy crush

Banned
Reaction score
my old app suddenly not working

is there any FREE app that watch taiwan movie channel

not those annual subscription

RogerHuy

Reaction score
Recommedation

Hi All

Hope someone can recommend good & reliable Android TV Box during this stupid ** period. I afraid the Government might extend the ** Period. Cant watch movie on laptop all times. Many Thanks in advance

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Hope someone can recommend good & reliable Android TV Box during this stupid ** period. I afraid the Government might extend the ** Period. Cant watch movie on laptop all times. Many Thanks in advance

Mi Box S on the sub S$100 range.

Or Nvidia Shield TV on the high end.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where to get good deals for Mi Box S?

Usually you can try Shopee, Lazada or Qoo10.

Example xiaomi online lazada shop (not official shop). No local warranty and 2pin plug with free three pin adapter. I bought my one from this shop. It is now S$76.9 with S$1 coupon to make it S$75.9.
https://s.lazada.sg/s.NPGz

The official Xiaomi Global online shop occasionally also has very good offers at around S$79 or S$89 and local warranty. Not now though (listed price S$109).

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
H96 max or AF95 better?

You mean H96 Max X3 S905X3 CPU based box and A95X F3 S905X3 based box? Both are generic box without consistent quality. If you are an experienced user and know what you want, both are okay and not much different with decent hardware specifications. Better buy 4GB RAM version.

Do not buy H96 Max box which is based on RK3318 CPU.

If you are not an experienced user, you may want to consider higher quality branded box like Mi Box S (best box under S$100) or Nvidia Shield TV (best box money can buy).

Last edited:

VaNs

Master Member
Reaction score
Usually you can try Shopee, Lazada or Qoo10.

Example xiaomi online lazada shop (not official shop). No local warranty and 2pin plug with free three pin adapter. I bought my one from this shop. It is now S$76.9 with S$1 coupon to make it S$75.9.
https://s.lazada.sg/s.NPGz

The official Xiaomi Global online shop occasionally also has very good offers at around S$79 or S$89 and local warranty. Not now though (listed price S$109).

Got it from Lazada, same shop as you. Stacked with $10 coupon time got be it $64+

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, very new to tv box

other than buying a tv box, i still need to pay for a subscription to actually watch the channels right? :o

my parents usually watch mediacorp and taiwan news and variety channels (TVBS, 中天, phoenix, etc.)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, very new to tv box

other than buying a tv box, i still need to pay for a subscription to actually watch the channels right? :o

my parents usually watch mediacorp and taiwan news and variety channels (TVBS, 中天, phoenix, etc.)

no, these channels are free.

Kennedy

Master Member
Reaction score
can recommend apps for the Taiwan channels ? paid or free ok. 4gTV has some free Taiwan channels but they don't play well on my android TV.

candy crush

Banned
Reaction score
Guys got a question

My Android T9 android box unable to detect my wifi in my own house

but can detect other router/wifi (neighbour one), sometime can detect my wifi, but non 5GHZ, sometimes I have to restart my router

Today I restart my router many times but I cannot find anything

how come uh?

I am using Starhub Linksys

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.