4k 55 inch oled TV for $300?

tohsy8421

Reaction score
There's a listing of super cheap TVs on Lazada that I recently saw. 55" 4k OLED HDR SONY XBR55A8F for $300 on Lazada from empiregadget3300.
Has anyone tried to buy these crazily low priced items? Can trust?
How would they even get prices to be that low?

sanzhu

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My neighbour throw away his 65 inch tv

I blur

polygon500

Reaction score
There are many of them in Lazada and Shopee. All are scam as you can see they have zero positive rating and zero on time shipping rating. Also these sellers want you to deal with them using WhatsApp (usually non-SG number) and pay directly to their personal bank account.

Last edited:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
many scammers operate in lazada selling non existent handphone, laptop and tv.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i subscribe to e-mail from australia kogan, 4K 43-inch tv 300+

jassyboy

Reaction score
this is surely a scam. i got interested and contacted the seller. he only wanted to deal on whatsapp and not on lazada. so i played along. then ask to pay to his bank account $350 for the 65inch sony LED TV.
I said i wasnt comfortable, so he sent me his ID and picture of himself holding the ID. Still not convinced, he called me and his accent is of african. so its a true scam. now the shop no longer available on lazada.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is surely a scam. i got interested and contacted the seller. he only wanted to deal on whatsapp and not on lazada. so i played along. then ask to pay to his bank account $350 for the 65inch sony LED TV.
I said i wasnt comfortable, so he sent me his ID and picture of himself holding the ID. Still not convinced, he called me and his accent is of african. so its a true scam. now the shop no longer available on lazada.

Not a good thing for him to call you. He nowbknows your number and can spam call/ do other things with it.

a_idiot

Reaction score
I don't think this kind of people will want spam call you or anything. They just want your money.

Not a good thing for him to call you. He nowbknows your number and can spam call/ do other things with it.

polygon500

Reaction score
The sad part is such a big online player like Lazada did not provide an easy and effective way to do reporting on scam. Making a report is so damn troublesome. No wonder it so easy to attract scam sellers as a loophole.

a_idiot

Reaction score
A feel these online platforms don't really care about scams happening on their platform, they just want their cut on the transaction. They charge fees from sellers who use the platform. I got experience with Shopee before quite annoying to file a dispute when you get item not as advertised. Over 2 weeks email back and forth finally got refund, 0 action taken on the seller.

The sad part is such a big online player like Lazada did not provide an easy and effective way to do reporting on scam. Making a report is so damn troublesome. No wonder it so easy to attract scam sellers as a loophole.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They sent u the cardboard edition for u to burn coming August.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.