Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genexus

Reaction score
Hi. Did you download the Kodi app from the Playstore on the TV? Do you need to install Atmos and DTS codec? P8S does not support Dolby Atmos.

srt subtitles work. I always prefer Kodi. Not hard to set up. Can play local files, HDD or link to desktop PC.

genexus

Reaction score
Anyone received the update for P8S? I did not receive any update or must you update manually? And yes even with auto brightness turned off the screen dims during dark or less illuminated scenes for both games and movies.

polygon500

Reaction score
Anyone received the update for P8S? I did not receive any update or must you update manually? And yes even with auto brightness turned off the screen dims during dark or less illuminated scenes for both games and movies.

Could it because the HDR mode been activated?

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Did you download the Kodi app from the Playstore on the TV? Do you need to install Atmos and DTS codec? P8S does not support Dolby Atmos.

Yes DL kodi from playstore.
I don't play Atmos movies as my AVR doesn't support.
No need to download codecs as it shld have it.

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
Too bad there’s no 75” n no earc, else it would be perfect 4 me. Can u see if the audio passthru in kodi can be enabled? Thanks
Yes DL kodi from playstore.
I don't play Atmos movies as my AVR doesn't support.
No need to download codecs as it shld have it.

Last edited:

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too bad there’s no 75” n no earc, else it would be perfect 4 me. Can u see if the audio passthru in kodi can be enabled? Thanks

Kodi - playstore.

o7SFLZC.jpg

SPMC - playstore, it's a same thing like Kodi.

PVCp2kZ.jpg

You try both type and see which is better for your AVR.

genexus

Reaction score
Kodi - playstore.

o7SFLZC.jpg

SPMC - playstore, it's a same thing like Kodi.

PVCp2kZ.jpg

You try both type and see which is better for your AVR.
Thanks man! Will try tonight. Yes my receiver is connected via ARC but when I use the built in media player Atmos isn’t supported, DTS as well. I’ll try tonight.

urobot

Reaction score
Giant Sembawang received new stocks today. Take note prices is increase. Did not have the chance to ask as they was packing the display. Only saw 65 inch and 55 inch C8. 50 inch PS8 and 43 inch.Sorry unable to post images.

Last edited:

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone managed to get an update? I checked there isn*********t any.

Got the update earlier on. Pls see my previous post.

Auto prompt by system. Cant see change log..maybe later i check whether can see current version or not.

Maybe yrs already updated before u received it?

genexus

Reaction score
Got the update earlier on. Pls see my previous post.

Auto prompt by system. Cant see change log..maybe later i check whether can see current version or not.

Maybe yrs already updated before u received it?
Maybe. Thank you anyway.

genexus

Reaction score

Sorry to bother you bro but I have enable passthrough on my TV and ARC is enabled to my receiver Kodi detects it as Dolby TrueHD but my receiver only picks it up as a DD+ signal. On the P8S if I set digital audio out to anything other then Auto the receiver won’t pick up the Dolby signal. I figure this is a limitation on the TV where the chip only picks up Dolby Digital Plus? Which is weird when passthrough is enabled.

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Backlight probably on eco mode, turn off

Sheldon3

Reaction score
Giant Sembawang received new stocks today. Take note prices is increase. Did not have the chance to ask as they was packing the display. Only saw 65 inch and 55 inch C8. 50 inch PS8 and 43 inch.Sorry unable to post images.

any idea if the 43" is a 4k TV with netflix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.