need help with dbs vickers

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all, kinda new in investing, i have just bought US stocks using dbs vickers, but somehow i cannot use my cash upfront to make the purchase of US stock. some error came up. so i purchased the stock using Cash. I dont have enough cash in the Cash account, but the purchase went through.

Now there is outstanding unsettled payment. How do i make the deposit?

Reading the FAQ, i still dont understand which method to use, there are EPS, giro and cheque. i just applied for the giro but dont think it will work that soon.

preferably i can settle the deposit via ibanking.

TIA

todayisgood

Reaction score
vickers should be deduct from multiplier account, just transfer money inside will do. usually they will deduct 2 days after your trade, if you not enough money inside, CS will call and text you, i kana before, forget to transfer from savings over. i think by 4th or 5th day if they cannot contact you, they will force sell your trade.

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
vickers should be deduct from multiplier account, just transfer money inside will do. usually they will deduct 2 days after your trade, if you not enough money inside, CS will call and text you, i kana before, forget to transfer from savings over. i think by 4th or 5th day if they cannot contact you, they will force sell your trade.

i have the dbs bank account, but not the multiplier account. should be the dbs cashback bonus account.

So as long as there are enough cash in my dbs bank account, i dont have to do anything?

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U will be in trouble if u nvr link your usd saving acct to dbsv, and have enough usd inside. :)

*wrong info*

Last edited:

hkchew03

Reaction score
hi all, kinda new in investing, i have just bought US stocks using dbs vickers, but somehow i cannot use my cash upfront to make the purchase of US stock. some error came up. so i purchased the stock using Cash. I dont have enough cash in the Cash account, but the purchase went through.

Now there is outstanding unsettled payment. How do i make the deposit?

Reading the FAQ, i still dont understand which method to use, there are EPS, giro and cheque. i just applied for the giro but dont think it will work that soon.

preferably i can settle the deposit via ibanking.

TIA
Believe cash upfront only for SGX.

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
i have the dbs bank account, but not the multiplier account. should be the dbs cashback bonus account.

So as long as there are enough cash in my dbs bank account, i dont have to do anything?

If u dont have multiplier acc such as my acc or autosave acc, how on earth they allow u to trade?

If u are on internet banking. At dbs Vickers page top right got state which multiplier acc u are linked to

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope not true.

U managed to buy us stocks using cash upfront? Pro
Screenshot-20200515-152229.jpg

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score

Someone did mention DBS will not auto convert within multiplier from sgd to USD. So u have to do your own conversion and place the $ in USD acc

Cannot just leave the $ in sgd acc

Correct me if im wrong

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
U will be in trouble if u nvr link your usd saving acct to dbsv, and have enough usd inside. :)

i dont have an USD account. i read about the multi-currency account, dont think i have it.
and i no idea why i can still purchase US stock without any US account. lol

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
i dont have an USD account. i read about the multi-currency account, dont think i have it.

Have u check which acc is your Vickers linked to?

Look at top right hand corner

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
If u dont have multiplier acc such as my acc or autosave acc, how on earth they allow u to trade?

If u are on internet banking. At dbs Vickers page top right got state which multiplier acc u are linked to

you mean the click down buttom?
it just show my vicker account no. like this: 123123-Cash.
logging in from dbs ibank, i can access my cash upfront for SGX.

tried calling vickers but on hold for 30min i hang up liao.

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
you mean the click down buttom?
it just show my vicker account no. like this: 123123-Cash.
logging in from dbs ibank, i can access my cash upfront for SGX.

tried calling vickers but on hold for 30min i hang up liao.

U log in via DBS i banking.
- top panel select invest
- click into DBS vickers
- in Vickers page it states clearly which multiplier acc u are linked to at top right hand corner. Next to your trade acc no.

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It means u bought something which u cannot pay. Only dbs can save u now.

*wrong info*

Last edited:

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
Sounds bad, only dbs can save u now.

He can hurriedly open my account. Then link his trade settlement to it. Then convert to US$. But the question is. Is his acc linked to his CDP at all?

If not then really 完蛋了 cos it takes a while to link acc to CDP

But how on earth is he able to trade if all isn't properly linked?:s22:

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He can hurriedly open my account. Then link his trade settlement to it. Then convert to US$. But the question is. Is his acc linked to his CDP at all?

If not then really 完蛋了 cos it takes a while to link acc to CDP

But how on earth is he able to trade if all isn't properly linked?:s22:

His dbsv is definitely linked to cdp (sgx only). But that's not the issue because all us stocks r under dbs custody.

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
His dbsv is definitely linked to cdp (sgx only). But that's not the issue because all us stocks r under dbs custody.

Oh ya. He bought US stock so nothing to do with CDP. Then he could just transfer from his usual SGD savings acc to my account USD acc? I just tested. It is possible. I didn't transfer of course.

As to open my acc is pretty fast. After open just link to it for settlement

But there again. Is it even possible to have a trading acc without linkage to multiplier acc?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.