Tcl tv can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moron+genius

Reaction score
ARC only support DD+ need EARC 4 DD THD which this tv don’t haf but u shld still get DD+ Atmos which r wat all streaming platforms support.
Sorry to bother you bro but I have enable passthrough on my TV and ARC is enabled to my receiver Kodi detects it as Dolby TrueHD but my receiver only picks it up as a DD+ signal. On the P8S if I set digital audio out to anything other then Auto the receiver won’t pick up the Dolby signal. I figure this is a limitation on the TV where the chip only picks up Dolby Digital Plus? Which is weird when passthrough is enabled.

urobot

Reaction score
any idea if the 43" is a 4k TV with netflix?

Is TCL FHD ADTV 40S6500 40 inch $349. It has netflix ,youtube, googgle paly and chromecast, AI smart Android tv.

You might as well get 50" at double the prices.

unclkt

Reaction score
Casting to TCL

I bought a TCL 65P8S in Feb from Giant at a good price, thanks to tips from this forum. It works fine. I watch mainly Netflix and Youtube.

But I find that although I can cast most YouTube movies to the TV, sometimes it does not work, and if I search for a movie on Netflix on my Samsung Tab 10S, it will not cast to the TV. I have also found some interesting movie sites on my tablet but they will not cast to the TV.

TCL is supposed to have Chromecast built in. Why do some sites work and some not? What is the problem? How to solve?

Thanks for ideas.

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other common audio formats on the 'hill' are
ATMOS
EAC3 5.1
DDP5.1

genexus

Reaction score
The P8S in Singapore is a lower spec version. The Australian model has Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Didn’t do my research properly before buying but for a first time UHD purchase for gaming it is fine. Considering LG or Sony for the future. You pay for what you get as usual.

Sheldon3

Reaction score
Is TCL FHD ADTV 40S6500 40 inch $349. It has netflix ,youtube, googgle paly and chromecast, AI smart Android tv.

You might as well get 50" at double the prices.

oic, i might get the xiaomi 43"... comes with netflix and prime video too

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The P8S in Singapore is a lower spec version. The Australian model has Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Didn’t do my research properly before buying but for a first time UHD purchase for gaming it is fine. Considering LG or Sony for the future. You pay for what you get as usual.

Is Dolby worth 2-3x the price?

I bought a TCL 65P8S in Feb from Giant at a good price, thanks to tips from this forum. It works fine. I watch mainly Netflix and Youtube.

But I find that although I can cast most YouTube movies to the TV, sometimes it does not work, and if I search for a movie on Netflix on my Samsung Tab 10S, it will not cast to the TV. I have also found some interesting movie sites on my tablet but they will not cast to the TV.

TCL is supposed to have Chromecast built in. Why do some sites work and some not? What is the problem? How to solve?

Thanks for ideas.

Try airscreen. For movie websites it’s likely due to video format.

Last edited:

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs better audio output format and ur TV cannot support. Get mi box or Android box and use with AVR.

urobot

Reaction score
1. I install the astro apps on the tv but press play on, it goes blank white screen. Do we need to cast it to TV.
2. the tv apps do we install tv box on hdmi or can plug the aerial in socket tv to watch local tv.

Just curios how to get it done.

genexus

Reaction score
Is Dolby worth 2-3x the price?

Try airscreen. For movie websites it’s likely due to video format.

When you have the proper equipment then yes. I was using 5.1 and swore by it till I heard the same movie in Atmos. Never went back. To each his own. Everyone has their preference.

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please post your non local tv chat in the overseas thread
Thank you

Why do you delete my 2 posts? That's for information

It is for price comparison with singapore TCL. Don't u get it? I'm not telling ppl to buy overseas. I'm not interested to tell ppl to buy overseas.

Anything wrong with price comparison and specs of the TCL model with SG, AU and India?

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
Why do you delete my 2 posts? That's for information

It is for price comparison with singapore TCL. Don't u get it? I'm not telling ppl to buy overseas. I'm not interested to tell ppl to buy overseas.

Anything wrong with price comparison and specs of the TCL model with SG, AU and India?

That's what this thread is for:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/overseas-shopping-vs-local-6168635.html

Post your non local chat there and compare, complain etc in that thread.

Stick to local TV chat in this thread. Thanks

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is SG getting the India sets?

comparing the stand design for the 65c8, seems similar to India's but different from AU's

kotori

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 50P8S has even been sold at 599 before? Or hast it been 699 all along? Was only briefly mentioned once in the early pages but not sure correct or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.