Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lot of banking are dropping in rate even those BOC,ICBC usually go up to ~ 2% are coming down till 1.2%.

This virus crisis is causing a lot of impact to all.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I sent a secured message to close my joint maxigain account 3 weeks ago, and still my joint account is there. Do we really have to go down to the bank branch to close the account?

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sent a secured message to close my joint maxigain account 3 weeks ago, and still my joint account is there. Do we really have to go down to the bank branch to close the account?
Shouldn't be. You still have balance inside?

Anyway I've emailed ocbc cs last month but they haven't replied. Which is unlike them. Maybe banks Cs is not essential service :s22:

Sent from robertson quay using GAGT

chm527

Reaction score
Same thing here. I sent secured message 1 month ago to close the accounts. They were still there when I log in. I notice they remove my Priority status already though (usually when logging in, there will be a Citi Priority or something). As long as u don't have money inside, shldnt worry. Don't think it will turn negetive.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recomendation to replace citi maxigan? esaver and issavy need rotate every 2 mths, from the views here seem like cimb fastsaver is best for 150k?

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I thought of the cimb acc for the interests. I scare go open now later they revise the interest because of the current situation.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True ,all banks are lowering the interest shift here and there later square one

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recomendation to replace citi maxigan? esaver and issavy need rotate every 2 mths, from the views here seem like cimb fastsaver is best for 150k?

For me I'm using CIMB Fastsaver for $100K, Singlife for $10K and the rest in Maybank iSavvy merry go round.

$150K currently best is Hong Leong iSavings, but till 31 June 20 and minimum $5K which I opt against. Next is RHB High Yield but till 31 June 2020 also. So I prefer CIMB Fastsaver+Singlife+Maybank Merry-Go-Round. Others need salary and spend requirements which I don't like.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought of the cimb acc for the interests. I scare go open now later they revise the interest because of the current situation.

Have been using CIMB near to 2 years, what I like is that I can put $0 for few months and they don't deduct any fees or delete account unlike most bank have minimum $500-$1K fall below fees or else deduct money. Not sure will they revise the interest or not, if they do can just empty the account actually, unlike Hong Leong you need $5K, RHB you need $1K and Maybank $500. You can PM me if you want CIMB Referral too :)

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Screenshot-20200503-171223.jpg

Haha, it's me again spamming my stupid table before it gets outdated in a few wks.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Screenshot-20200503-171223.jpg

Haha, it's me again spamming my stupid table before it gets outdated in a few wks.

You might like to include CIMB StarSaver in your table.

0.8%p.a; minimum requirement SGD5k. Current promotion, SGD500 top up each month, and you get an extra 0.2%p.a. on your entire balance.

I basically park SGD100k in FastSaver, and the rest in StarSaver at this time (because anything over SGD100k gets only 0.6%p.a.), and push in SGD500 each month. For those of us with very old accounts, our base rate is 0.9%p.a + 0.2%p.a. bonus.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like Citi is slowly moving out of SG market, they already closed several branches all over the island like the MacDonald house branch, I think they don't want our deposits anymore..

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/ba...return-wage-support-funding-to-the-government

"We have made a decision to give back the JSS funding to the Singapore government. We feel it is the right time to signal that companies like Citi are here for the long term, and that the well-being of the larger community in Singapore matters to us," said Citi Asean head and Singapore CEO Amol Gupte in an internal memo to staff as seen by The Business Times on Thursday.

:s12:

Nice move Citibank !

Salute those who return JSS to government.

Boo to the banks who did not or those that donated it eg Boehringer Ingelheim. You want to donate please use your own money.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
any gd replacement of this account ? LOL
but i only had 15K

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.