Visa to Russia

jas663

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone apply the visa directly from Consular instead of going to the service agent VFS? How long is their process?
Thank you

jcyskr

Reaction score
No idea if this is still happening but

https://www.onlinevisa.com/news/russia-evisa-for-53-countries-to-launch-in-2021/

bradforlif

Reaction score
The visa process requires an invitation. There are online companies that provide that.

QJPtheSE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Russian visa liberalization continues as MPs pass law to allow foreigners into the country WITHOUT paper visa

https://www.rt.com/russia/495534-russia-evisas-foreigners-into-country/

The Russian visa process is about to get a lot easier. Parliament has passed a long-awaited law allowing foreigners to visit the country for 16 days with an e-visa, beginning in 2021.

The new electronic visa allows the holder a single entry into the world’s biggest country for the purposes of visiting someone, business, tourism, or participation in an event. Not everyone can come to Russia with an e-visa at present, though; citizens from countries including the US, United Kingdom and Canada are currently excluded.

Electronic visas have been part of the Russian migration system since 2017, allowing citizens of certain countries to go to the Far East and Kaliningrad without the need to visit an embassy. In 2019, this was expanded to Saint Petersburg, for citizens of 53 countries.

Russian immigration policy is constantly being changed and reformed. In April, Russian parliamentarians passed a law to ease the route for foreigners to become Russian citizens, removing the requirement for them to give up existing passports. A month later, the Ministry of Economic Development proposed that Russia offer permanent residency to foreigners who buy property.

On July 13, Deputy Prime Minister Tatyana Golikova announced that Russia was looking to change its migration system “in favor of high-quality migration” to attract “very qualified personnel to the country.”

Alearner

Reaction score
Hope the e-visa will be eligible for singaporeans! i am really confused about the existing invitation requirement!

yeah123

Reaction score
E-visa has already been implemented and singapore is a part of it all along.
I have tried the e-visa for russia far east and made a trip to Vladivostok last year.
The downsides of e-visa are that is restricted to an area or region and it has a shorter duration, though administratively its much easier than the standard visa route.
i wanted to try the e-visa for kalinigrad this year but covid came along...

Maymay868

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone apply the visa directly from Consular instead of going to the service agent VFS? How long is their process?
Thank you

Hi Jas,
In Singapore, if you want to apply Russia Visa, you must apply through VFS which is Russian Embassy appointed visa application agent.
I am a travel consultant and applied Russia visa many times before.
I love to share information about travel.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.