The LEGO thread [STRICTLY NO SALES!] - Part 12

bbq_squid

Reaction score
where does the shopee sellers get their lego stocks from?

Does Lego do any price control? These sellers have a much lower operating cost than LCS or a brick and motar shop, just think why would Lego allows the sellers to under cut their official retailers. Most manufacturers would want to protect the interest of their retailers.

bbq_squid

Reaction score
i see quite a number of people shrink wrap their lego boxes. is it a good idea? in SG it is so hot and humid would not the wrap melt and stick to the box after prolong time?

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score
LEGO-Haunted-House-10273-box-images-7-1.jpg

R18 lego set?

Alfie77

Reaction score
i see quite a number of people shrink wrap their lego boxes. is it a good idea? in SG it is so hot and humid would not the wrap melt and stick to the box after prolong time?
How to shrink wrap the boxes? Interested to find out. Mine stored in the store room or call bomb shelter. But my concern is in the long run, not sure if the humid conditions or mirco insects can damage the box or contents inside.

bbq_squid

Reaction score
I think they are either using those cellophane wrappings for food or those we see used by delivery companies for wrapping items. The same you see in the airports where people sometime use for wrapping their check in items.

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys keep the boxes?
How to shrink wrap the boxes? Interested to find out. Mine stored in the store room or call bomb shelter. But my concern is in the long run, not sure if the humid conditions or mirco insects can damage the box or contents inside.

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where does the shopee sellers get their lego stocks from?

Does Lego do any price control? These sellers have a much lower operating cost than LCS or a brick and motar shop, just think why would Lego allows the sellers to under cut their official retailers. Most manufacturers would want to protect the interest of their retailers.

i think they get it from malaysia or hong kong. some sell off their sets bought in sg, just so they can get the free gift.

Lego attract buyers to buy from certified stores using the free gift promotions.

What is a good lego set to collect?

Depends on your own taste. but if you are talking from an investment pov, then you have to study which sets/series have high resale value when retired.

i shrink wrapped my sets. after 5 years still can remove easily like before. shrink wrapping just prevents dust from caking onto your box and maybe keep the seals from slipping. good if you intend to resale the set sealed in box.

bbq_squid

Reaction score
i think they get it from malaysia or hong kong. some sell off their sets bought in sg, just so they can get the free gift.

Lego attract buyers to buy from certified stores using the free gift promotions.

hmmm some of them have the new releases available at the same time as the LCS, it looks like they have access to some official sources

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah you mean you guys buy to resell in the future? Or sell used sets?

I really dunno much in toys investment unless they are kaws.
resale value depends very much on the condition of the box. investment in lego is still a thing, and there's huge demand during this pandemic

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah you mean you guys buy to resell in the future? Or sell used sets?

I really dunno much in toys investment unless they are kaws.

Yes buy and keep it sealed in the box in good condition to resell in a few years. Used sets also can be sold for profit

Posted from PCWX using SM-N960F

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy shares better, earn more and faster.

Never think of toys as investment.
Yes buy and keep it sealed in the box in good condition to resell in a few years. Used sets also can be sold for profit

Posted from PCWX using SM-N960F

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.