Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

InADilemma01

Reaction score
What should I do? My issue is I have Legal lenders and also UML like 6 stalls. Pay defer till it is over the loan amount. I have not defaulted any but I'm stuck in the loop of paying and paying the defer payment. I'm really scare now and not sure if I should report to police. As my legal lenders has my contact and I believe they sold my contact to UML. so if I change my number and give my new number to Legal lender. The UML would be able to get to me too. It like an non ending cycle. I already feel like dying! Please help.
Concentrate on playing the legal ones. The UML report to police. Change contact number and avoid social media. Install CCTV. Inform NOK.

Ignore any unknown numbers and block them

Hulkeyee2020

Reaction score
What should I do? My issue is I have Legal lenders and also UML like 6 stalls. Pay defer till it is over the loan amount. I have not defaulted any but I'm stuck in the loop of paying and paying the defer payment. I'm really scare now and not sure if I should report to police. As my legal lenders has my contact and I believe they sold my contact to UML. so if I change my number and give my new number to Legal lender. The UML would be able to get to me too. It like an non ending cycle. I already feel like dying! Please help.

If you don't stop paying those LS your misery won't end.
Few months ago I was way worst than yours, I owe 17 stalls ($1X,XXX) in one month,until I cannot pay anymore, loan here and there to pay here and there, don't know if all were connected or under one boss only, but I don't care, I decided enough is enough, I expected for the worst.
I changed my hp no., made police report, closed my bank acct then slept well. Am I scared? of course I was, but after 3 weeks that I ghost them they splashed my house but don't know which company did it.
Then I installed cctv, now so far so good, sometimes got oversea call at my office phone but my colleague won't answer.
Stop communicating with these criminals, the sooner you ghost them the better on you.
You are not the only one who ghost them, there were a lot of us here who ghost them, but you see where we are now, much much better that before.
Learn from your mistakes move forward and learn to fight these criminals.

Reaction score

Golden rules here:
Block the UML numbers and report to police. DO NOT PAY THEM ANYMORE. It will never ended. If need help please consult Blessed Grace Social service. https://www.bgss.org.sg/

For LML, make full payment if possible. If not, talk to them to get an affordtable monthly plan. Payoff and DO NOT LOAN FROM THEM ANYMORE. LML is WORSE than UML, because they r legal. If need help, please consult Credit Counselling Singapore. https://www.ccs.org.sg/

Last edited:

Wojialatliao

Reaction score
Hi All,

UML are using this harassment tactic currently. After the recent food delivery harassment, they are now moving into using those "new victims", whom
fall into their trap by believing they are licensed money lender after exchanging texts from whatapps. They will trick those " new victim " by asking them to go collect their loan amount at their " boss " houses. Those so called " Boss " houses are actually those UML victims. UML are now using this tactics to harass people. Please take note. Heard it from my colleague as their neighbour encounter such incident recently and they called police on the spot. What happen to the " victim " afterwards i do not know. Only heard the victim telling the police that before going to ABC place, he went to EFG place to find the "manager" before going to ABC place, but kana chase off by EFG " manager" , saying the manager will report police if the " victim" dont go. Maybe they are working for UML as runner and played victim upon police arrival or pure victim. For this, will let SPF to handle as we do not want to jump to conclusions.

Reaction score
Hi All,

UML are using this harassment tactic currently. After the recent food delivery harassment, they are now moving into using those "new victims", whom
fall into their trap by believing they are licensed money lender after exchanging texts from whatapps. They will trick those " new victim " by asking them to go collect their loan amount at their " boss " houses. Those so called " Boss " houses are actually those UML victims. UML are now using this tactics to harass people. Please take note. Heard it from my colleague as their neighbour encounter such incident recently and they called police on the spot. What happen to the " victim " afterwards i do not know. Only heard the victim telling the police that before going to ABC place, he went to EFG place to find the "manager" before going to ABC place, but kana chase off by EFG " manager" , saying the manager will report police if the " victim" dont go. Maybe they are working for UML as runner and played victim upon police arrival or pure victim. For this, will let SPF to handle as we do not want to jump to conclusions.

And end up the so call “victims” will be charged for both working as UML runners and also violating the circuit breaker rules.

Wojialatliao

Reaction score
And end up the so call “victims” will be charged for both working as UML runners and also violating the circuit breaker rules.

Well, breaking the ** rules and fine $300.00 i think cant escape, but really all depends on the IO/ police at the scene i guess. As for the rest, hard to say...

this tactic quite confusing, is like they use their money tree to harass other victims.
End up UML cant cheat any $$ out of their " victim" and still cant get any $$ back from
their origin victim.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Golden rules here:
Block the UML numbers and report to police. DO NOT PAY THEM ANYMORE. It will never ended. If need help please consult Blessed Grace Social service. https://www.bgss.org.sg/

For LML, make full payment if possible. If not, talk to them to get an affordtable monthly plan. Payoff and DO NOT LOAN FROM THEM ANYMORE. LML is WORSE than UML, because they r legal. If need help, please consult Credit Counselling Singapore. https://www.ccs.org.sg/

CCS does not handle LML cases. Only with banks.

green72

Reaction score

Firstly, stop paying UML, Ghost them and make Police report.

Second, LML cannot harass you for repayment. Can report any harassment from their debt collectors to Registry of Moneylenders at Ministry of Law. Don't waste time calling the police unless the debt collector starts intimidating you. His job is only to hand you the Letter of Demand. No need to answer him if he ask you when to pay. If he refuse to leave then call police. Don't forget to write complain email to the Registry. Try to get in touch with the LML office for a repayment plan. Use the money you pay to UML to settle the LML.

If repayment is really impossible, consider the Debt Repayment Scheme from Ministry of Law. It's an avenue for debtors that don't want to go bankrupt.

Dr_Robert

Reaction score
If you don't stop paying those LS your misery won't end.
Few months ago I was way worst than yours, I owe 17 stalls ($1X,XXX) in one month,until I cannot pay anymore, loan here and there to pay here and there, don't know if all were connected or under one boss only, but I don't care, I decided enough is enough, I expected for the worst.
I changed my hp no., made police report, closed my bank acct then slept well. Am I scared? of course I was, but after 3 weeks that I ghost them they splashed my house but don't know which company did it.
Then I installed cctv, now so far so good, sometimes got oversea call at my office phone but my colleague won't answer.
Stop communicating with these criminals, the sooner you ghost them the better on you.
You are not the only one who ghost them, there were a lot of us here who ghost them, but you see where we are now, much much better that before.
Learn from your mistakes move forward and learn to fight these criminals.

I will listen to your advices on this. thank you.

Reaction score
CCS does not handle LML cases. Only with banks.

During the circuit breaker period.. CCS now are dealing with both cases.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/help-with-debts-for-those-who-have-trouble-repaying-both-banks-and-licensed-moneylenders

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
During the circuit breaker period.. CCS now are dealing with both cases.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/help-with-debts-for-those-who-have-trouble-repaying-both-banks-and-licensed-moneylenders

The catch with CCS is must have loans with banks AND LML. Reread the report bro.

If LML only, they will redirect to Adullam Life Counselling, AMP Singapore or Arise2Care.

Don't waste time with CCS if only have loans with LML. I've heard bad review with Adullam, AMP ok, Arise2Care not sure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The catch with CCS is must have loans with banks AND LML. Reread the report bro.

If LML only, they will redirect to Adullam Life Counselling, AMP Singapore or Arise2Care.

Don't waste time with CCS if only have loans with LML. I've heard bad review with Adullam, AMP ok, Arise2Care not sure.

Of course i had read.
For those who need to loan from LML mostly likely had debts with the bank lah? If not? Go to LML for what? LML interest is very much higher than banks.
Most of them already had bad credit report from banks so no choice then go to LML.
If got choice, i dont think they will go to LML. Same for me here.
I am not shy to share my experience here. Lucky i had learn my mistake and now had payoff all the LML and i will never touch LML again. Its horrible than UML. Now i am on my way to payoff the banks only. Life with a little token where i Start seeing some money in my bank again😂

Last edited:

Adrian87Chua

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me.. out of desperation i loaned from LS and got the money transferred to my account i drew out to settle my issues and after 2 days i realised my account had been freeze by police.
Now my bank was freeze like you.. nb I don’t even take the money as bank able to reverse back which is just a cash deposit. Police freeze my bank without me knowing -.-

green72

Reaction score
Of course i had read.
For those who need to loan from LML mostly likely had debts with the bank lah? If not? Go to LML for what? LML interest is very much higher than banks.
Most of them already had bad credit report from banks so no choice then go to LML.
If got choice, i dont think they will go to LML. Same for me here.
I am not shy to share my experience here. Lucky i had learn my mistake and now had payoff all the LML and i will never touch LML again. Its horrible than UML. Now i am on my way to payoff the banks only. Life with a little token where i Start seeing some money in my bank again😂
Let's put a stop to this. Cannot assume those borrow from LML due to bad credit rating from banks.

There are those who cannot qualify for credit card or bank loan simply due to low income.

I know of many such individuals I've met through the years. So LML is one option for them. UML is another option.

They may have utilities cut off and need a few hundreds bucks to reconnect supply as an example.LML is where they go, sometimes sadly to UML.

Not saying you are total wrong but going to CCS is not an option for everyone. These people may end up wasting their time seeking help from CCS.

Anyway, good that you are on the recovery. Does the bank repayment have "rolling interest" or fixed amount for XX mths repayment per mth if I could ask?

Last edited:

Kingsle

Reaction score
Guys I was scammed by the so called LML and they demand me to pay them extra while I already return them more than what I loan and they threaten to come up my house will they come up?

Reaction score
Let's put a stop to this. Cannot assume those borrow from LML due to bad credit rating from banks.

There are those who cannot qualify for credit card or bank loan simply due to low income.

I know of many such individuals I've met through the years. So LML is one option for them. UML is another option.

They may have utilities cut off and need a few hundreds bucks to reconnect supply as an example.LML is where they go, sometimes sadly to UML.

Not saying you are total wrong but going to CCS is not an option for everyone. These people may end up wasting their time seeking help from CCS.

Anyway, good that you are on the recovery. Does the bank repayment have "rolling interest" or fixed amount for XX mths repayment per mth if I could ask?

The banks give me 3 years to pay the full amount owed with an affordable monthly repayment. Eg: if i owed $12k. For 3 years, i need to pay $416 per month. So total is $15k. But of course u cannot default payments. Now i already paid for 1.5 years.. soon i will be a free man. Of course u can have a longer year plan like 5 yrs, 10 yrs. but for me i want to cleared it earlier .

Reaction score
Guys I was scammed by the so called LML and they demand me to pay them extra while I already return them more than what I loan and they threaten to come up my house will they come up?

My answer is 99% Yes and 1% No.
IF U STILL KEEP PAYING.. then 100% YES.
The golden rules here are not to pay a single cent to UML and be uncontactable. Report police immediately.
If u keep paying, u r telling them u are a big fish and willing to pay more and more. Those uml are heartless.. they dont care who u r. They usually will tell u last payment or whatsoever. All liar. And most of them are not the boss, so when u make payment, u r direct to many different bank accounts.. most of them are belong to the runners and not the boss. So u will never end the payments, because u will never end payments to the boss. U r just make payments to all the runners who r lying to u.

green72

Reaction score

You mentioned LML but you mean UML right? Meaning you deal with them via hp only right?

We understand all victims worry these UML will send runners to their house to harass them.

From our experience they will when you start ghosting them. Also we learned that runners are the UML victims themselves. The UML will make a deal with them to eg. defer this week payment and order these victims aka runners to go to another victim house to harass.

So their runners ARE victims themselves, not professional out to hurt you or your family. UML are deemed the biggest wayang king in terms of harassment, talk big on phone or whatsapp but that's it. Some have shared that when they argue back and shout at the UML, the UML also taken aback.

So do the necessary like make police report, ghost on the uml and install cctv and in no time back to normalcy.

Please do read past posts on steps to stop loanshark harassment.I and many others can confirm it does work.

Last edited:

Adrian87Chua

Reaction score
So eventually, Police can freeze bank account without notifying. But if I am the Victim that make the report for a unauthorized cash deposit transfer?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So eventually, Police can freeze bank account without notifying. But if I am the Victim that make the report for a authorized cash deposit transfer?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-police-s-new-anti-scam-centre-wants-to-hit-scammers-11854278

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/police-sets-up-anti-scam-centre-working-with-banks-to-disrupt-scammers

Police now have the rights to Frozen bank accounts as long as there is a unknown transaction inorder to fight UML, scam and money laundry.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.