Every day problem faced at work

Langstona

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I commonly encounter a situation at work every day. Someone sends an email to my team's group email to ask for work to be done, or simply just asking a question. But everyone just act blur and ignore it.The manager also don't take initiative to just say," hey you please follow up on it".Then after a while, your senior team members blame you for not taking initiative.

What would you do in my situation? Tank everything? Assuming you are just a junior staff.

Last edited:

jen1512

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I experienced this before but mine was a small team. Aside from my boss (who is often cc-ed in the email), there are 2 other colleagues. All 3 of us were same rank, one guy already heck cause he was obviously looking to leave, boss also won't assign much to him at that point.

So anyway when those emails came in, I was new and didn't know what I should do, or whether I was equipped enough to handle. After a month of joining my boss feedback that I was not proactive to follow up or act on it. Anyway following that, every time requests come in, I will immediately reply things like "please give me some time to look into it" back to the person, whether or not I was going to do it. I will take a few requests to do, when newer ones come in I will reply the requestor, then forward to other colleague cc the boss say something like "I would like to take on this, but I am currently tied up with xxxx and this seems urgent, could you assist please?"

Next appraisal the boss tell that other person he needs to buck up.

Maybe some will disagree with what I did cause a bit 'confrontational' but I was quite fed up then with other things in the office. Hope you find some way to not tank everything!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.