Treasure at Tampines

SethNg

Reaction score
hi all! kinda a newbie here.

Am looking at treasures as my next property, currently selling my HDB and utilise the cap gain to go into a private condo as a form of med-long term invest (5-7yrs at least?)

got a kid and potentially another, so it will have to suffice as self stay for the initial years and eventually looking to sell off for a cap gain after the term. therefore at least a 3br is essentially the minimal for me

was considering parc clematis but it was a tad too expensive for me and i guess i can only consider properties that are like 1.4-1.5k psf max?

any advice on this please?
Resale condos around Simei MRT
modena(2001)- 9xx psf
tropical spring(2002)- 9xx psf
double bay(2012)-10xx psf

imo Treasure at Tampines is not overpriced when comparing against the resale condos around Simei MRT, but I wont expect huge gains in a short period of time(Eg Martin Modern) as 1. there are a ton of units in the development and 2. previous resale condos in the area all had a steady but slow growth. Unless there are changes in the masterplan benefitting Simei/East side, it should reflect the growth rate by its predecessors.

kidozzz

Reaction score
Im looking at a 5-7yr period of self stay at least so hopefully by then, the price appreciation and also taking into consideration that the supporting prices of the other developments can help drive the psf prices up?

Ohw123

Reaction score
Resale condos around Simei MRT
modena(2001)- 9xx psf
tropical spring(2002)- 9xx psf
double bay(2012)-10xx psf

imo Treasure at Tampines is not overpriced when comparing against the resale condos around Simei MRT, but I wont expect huge gains in a short period of time(Eg Martin Modern) as 1. there are a ton of units in the development and 2. previous resale condos in the area all had a steady but slow growth. Unless there are changes in the masterplan benefitting Simei/East side, it should reflect the growth rate by its predecessors.

The sad thing is looking at treasures land price, developer could have priced units at 1100psf instead of 1300 - 1400psf:(

SethNg

Reaction score
@kidozzz im optimistic about prices increasing with such a long time frame, just a matter of how much

@ohw123 tbh i don't think that the costs are that low actually, land price's already 676psf. 10xx-1100psf should be closer to their breakeven

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
The sad thing is looking at treasures land price, developer could have priced units at 1100psf instead of 1300 - 1400psf:(

Treasure is actually one of the lowest entry price new launch in the market currently, definitely wont go ard $1100psf..cos the current ECs are around $1100psf le..

Ohw123

Reaction score
Treasure is actually one of the lowest entry price new launch in the market currently, definitely wont go ard $1100psf..cos the current ECs are around $1100psf le..

I know that :) haha

Juz that say if developer don’t want to profit (impossible) as much can launch average 1200 looking at land price instead of the current average of more than 1350psf

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
*Treasure At Tampines*
Going.. Going.. Gone..
Last 1 bedroom unit *SOLD*

*1 bedroom and 1+Study FULLY SOLD*

Best Selling Private Development in 2019 and Q1 2020!

Price start from $804K
Limited 2 bed 1 bath.
Counting down now! 💣

*Attractive Price*
2 Bed 1 Bath from $804K
2 Bed Premium from $895K
2+Study from $901K
3 Bedroom from $1.13M
3 Bed Premium from $1.3M
4 Bedroom from $1.534M
5 Bedroom from $1.890M

Ohw123

Reaction score
*Treasure At Tampines*
Going.. Going.. Gone..
Last 1 bedroom unit *SOLD*

*1 bedroom and 1+Study FULLY SOLD*

Best Selling Private Development in 2019 and Q1 2020!

Price start from $804K
Limited 2 bed 1 bath.
Counting down now! 💣

*Attractive Price*
2 Bed 1 Bath from $804K
2 Bed Premium from $895K
2+Study from $901K
3 Bedroom from $1.13M
3 Bed Premium from $1.3M
4 Bedroom from $1.534M
5 Bedroom from $1.890M

R u an agent too... :s13:

kidozzz

Reaction score
@kidozzz im optimistic about prices increasing with such a long time frame, just a matter of how much

@ohw123 tbh i don't think that the costs are that low actually, land price's already 676psf. 10xx-1100psf should be closer to their breakeven

Thanks for your inputs!

Im seriously considering this project since in the med term its for self stay so the amenities around is definitely more attractive then the likes of florence etc.. and its also a really comfortable price for a 3br PC..

SethNg

Reaction score
No problem :D

do take my input with a pinch of salt as i'm no expert, just sharing my views based on the data available

for me Treasure>Florence as well

Ohw123

Reaction score
No problem :D

do take my input with a pinch of salt as i'm no expert, just sharing my views based on the data available

for me Treasure>Florence as well

To me Treasures is better in terms of amenities and proximity to mrt

But Florence is better in terms of design, layout and facade :)

sinequa88

Reaction score

just because the developer bought the land cheap doesnt mean they will price the new launch cheap.

Kopar @ Newton bought land at S$1,100 ppr but they launched at at average of $2,350 psf anyway...

they are profit-driven and they will test the market as far as possible to achieve a price range that will earn them the most.. not blaming them but everyone just gotta earn their own dough

Ohw123

Reaction score
just because the developer bought the land cheap doesnt mean they will price the new launch cheap.

Kopar @ Newton bought land at S$1,100 ppr but they launched at at average of $2,350 psf anyway...

they are profit-driven and they will test the market as far as possible to achieve a price range that will earn them the most.. not blaming them but everyone just gotta earn their own dough

I know that, developers will try to sell at a higher price if possible

Ohw123

Reaction score

Ya. Kopar at newton despite having a land price of just 1100psf had an average selling price of 2350psf when it could have launched at an average of lass than 2000psf while still making profit

An example is SR which had a land price of 1050psf and launched at 1850psf while still making profit, so it is possible

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya. Kopar at newton despite having a land price of just 1100psf had an average selling price of 2350psf when it could have launched at an average of lass than 2000psf while still making profit

An example is SR which had a land price of 1050psf and launched at 1850psf while still making profit, so it is possible

It just looks like there are discrepancies in land bid prices during the period of enbloc euphoria. Developer who overbid and surviving on thin margins are helping developers of kopar and SR sell. Woodleigh Residence is one good example that is helping the rest of the island sell at high prices.

However, if the economy and job losses turn out to be as bad as the forecasts, kopar and SR can afford to slash prices while the rest will incur losses.

Right now, sinkies still appear quite optimistic about the property market just like US equites in early feb.

daheigou999

Reaction score

Although we were celebrating Kopar’s low land price before launch, this same factor is now posing a big threat.

If sales slow, the higher margin simply means that Cheap Eng Seng can slash prices at the expense of earlier buyers without making an overall loss (Recall how they screwed CityVista Residences 8 years ago)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.