Quality of Petrol from Shell , Esso , Caltex , SPC

-nyox-

Master Member
Reaction score
Used to drive Honda GD jazz. Caltex 98 is the best. Almost won't get the low acceleration CVT jerk. Esso 98 and shell v power couldn't even resolve at all

Now current car has no difference using caltex 95 and 98. So I stick to caltex 95 now.

Likely psychological. Petrol has nothing to do with CVT jerk.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't understand.. Power will be there if you rev toward the redline.. Just like you eat chicken rice, $2 or $20 per pack I only run so fast..

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Malaysia vpower boleh.
Cheap and fast.
But now cannot ...

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I prefer caltex. But currently cc gave the most discounts for Shell.
Thus using shell now.

mp4005 help

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I prefer caltex. But currently cc gave the most discounts for Shell.
Thus using shell now.

Yeah. Prefer caltex too. So many years tried the usual shell, esso , spc , etc ..

Still find caltex most balanced in terms of smoothness and power.

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No increase in power, but i felt that the throttle response was better when i tried out vpower.

Its like having the same horse, but when you give it carrots instead of grass, it becomes happier and more eager to run along.

:(

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Likely psychological. Petrol has nothing to do with CVT jerk.
yeah, i would say not much.
i am currently on amsoil cvt, observed on lufi the gb temp is also lower compared to stock cvt oil.

Flexamoria

Honorary Member
Reaction score
they still have the promo for grabhitch? 24% or something
No more liao, u get 16%. Recently i seen sinopec is the last to reduce price when spc start it. Quick to raise. Sinopec should be aggressive in promo but not the case here. Not returning to them unless good offer

Posted from PCWX using Public phone

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No more liao, u get 16%. Recently i seen sinopec is the last to reduce price when spc start it. Quick to raise. Sinopec should be aggressive in promo but not the case here. Not returning to them unless good offer

Posted from PCWX using Public phone
think maybe they dont dare to rock the boat among the big boys.

WarthogBro

Reaction score
Hi TS, i once owned a mini cooper s, overhaul the engine in various stages, from $2k to upwards of $7k.

Petrol quality doesn't matter to engine, lousy design or modification will shorten its lifespan regardless.

ON RON rating, turbo charged engine will benefit more from higher octane petrol, scientifically proven as they can advance the timing etc. you can research youtube on this

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi TS, i once owned a mini cooper s, overhaul the engine in various stages, from $2k to upwards of $7k.

Petrol quality doesn't matter to engine, lousy design or modification will shorten its lifespan regardless.

ON RON rating, turbo charged engine will benefit more from higher octane petrol, scientifically proven as they can advance the timing etc. you can research youtube on this

Is like compare petrol grades to various type of drinkable water available these days.
To each of its own...

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depending on your engine.. Thise high com and turbo charged engines definitely benefit from high grade petrol. Those simple and bb cars.. Stick to 95...

Once an old uncle pumped 92 in my sss, lucky is only half tank, engine pings only if I rev beyond 4k rpm.. Pump 98 when only a quarter used up and power dropped...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.