Insurance Agent/Banker Career - HR are welcome

chickenpox

Reaction score
Hi all, I plan to ventured into financial industry as a insurance agent or banker - part of career switch.

However due to my previous job history, it seemed that it is very difficult to work in the financial industry especially you were dismissed before by an employer.

Does it mean there is no hope to venture in? are there having chance still?
please advice.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why not just try ?

haven't heard of prior employment affecting one's chances at selling insurance.

firewoman

Reaction score
I think these companies are always open to hiring new agents/financial planners, just need to show your confidence, drive and passion! Must be able to face rejections!

Actually, I admire Providend and may consider join them when I want a career change. They are a bit different from normal financial services because they charge for their services), maybe you can consider applying to them also. Cheers!

Multiversal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I plan to ventured into financial industry as a insurance agent or banker - part of career switch.

However due to my previous job history, it seemed that it is very difficult to work in the financial industry especially you were dismissed before by an employer.

Does it mean there is no hope to venture in? are there having chance still?
please advice.

Insurance companies are not interested if you had been sacked by a company or sacked ten times before by ten companies. They only want your contacts, and want you to sell insurance products to them. They would love to hear that you have 3 uncles, 2 aunts, a brother and two sisters who all love you deep deep, and will buy insurance from you. After that, they will also introduce their contacts to you, so you do more sales. If you have your own circles of friends, ex-army buddies, ex-classmates, the insurance company would love to know about it. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.