小米AIoT路由器 AX3600

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would be good if got YouTuber were to do a comparison of actual file transfer speed of different Xiaomi / Redmi router that they have.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using Ac86U, the signals doesn't penetrate thick wall and travel distance well. Mu furthest toilet cannot receive 5Ghz and verg weak 2.4ghz.

Read about the signals about this router, it's much stronger than traditional router authorised for retail sales in Singapore, is the signal that strong enough?

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using Ac86U, the signals doesn't penetrate thick wall and travel distance well. Mu furthest toilet cannot receive 5Ghz and verg weak 2.4ghz.

Read about the signals about this router, it's much stronger than traditional router authorised for retail sales in Singapore, is the signal that strong enough?

LOL idk your ac86u real or fake one.
My router is literally opposite end of my toilet in my 4rm hdb.
Total got like 3 walls in between direct sight.
5ghz 1bar, 2.4ghz 3 bar.
Looks like you need some configuration on yours. Or maybe your house much bigger than mine =(

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127279859 said:
why need until wifi 6 802.11ax when most device still using 802.11ac and below?

Possible reasons:

1) Some AX routers are cheaper and very good compared to the good AC router. So if one has a not-so-good existing AC router and want to upgrade, it makes sense to upgrade to these routers, even if you do not have any WiFi 6 device as yet.

Example: Xiaomi AX3600, Huawei AX3 Pro, TP-Link AX10 (AX1500), TP-Link AX50 (AX3000), Asus RT-AX56U (AX1800) and AX58U (AX3000).

2) If one has some WiFi 6 devices (eg: Intel AX200 adapter is pretty cheap as an add-on, iPhone 11 series, latest Android flagship, etc ) , it makes sense to buy WiFi 6 routers in this case.

3) Some people just like to try new stuffs. WiFi router are one of the most important thing for home network, yet the price (even the high end ones) is a fraction of the latest iPhone or Android Flagship phones. So I can understand why people buy expensive WiFi 6 routers (eg: S$400 - S$800, Asus RT-AX88U, Asus Zen WiFi AX XT8 Mesh, etc).

On the other hand, it is also perfectly fine if you choose to delay the upgrade, if you have a good working AC router.

My existing routers (six year old Linksys WRT1900AC as the main router, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh, Huawei WS5200 Quad Core version) are still working fine. So I just start to look at WiFi 6 routers myself since I do not have any WiFi 6 device yet. But my next router will be a WiFi 6 router (AX3000 grade or better, but not above S$250).

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a wifi 6 phone and the link speed is show as 1.2gbs so that looks correct. But when testing the speed on speedtest.net, the download is only around 3xxmbs whereas the upload is 8xxmbs. On my desktop which is using a wireless ac9260 adapter, the download/upload is around 4xxx/5xxmbs.
Am on Whizcomms. Is this normal? Thanks.

Looks pretty normal. SpeedTest results are easily affected by the server.

If you really want to know the real wireless speed limit, try testing using iperf3. Connect the server or client (eg: a laptop) to the router using Gigabit Ethernet and then run the client or serve from your phone or desktop. The Gigabit connection will limit the results but should be good enough for your purpose.

Ref:
https://documentation.meraki.com/zG...ting/Troubleshooting_Client_Speed_using_iPerf

That being said, it seems to me I can not get good results on the Andrpid phone with iperf3, either through the app (magic iperf) or through command line under termux.

Edit to add:
Updating the Windows binary seems to sort out the issue.
https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1234695-iperf-37-windows-build/

Last edited:

大蛇丸 Orochimaru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Possible reasons:

1) Some AX routers are cheaper and very good compared to the good AC router. So if one has a not-so-good existing AC router and want to upgrade, it makes sense to upgrade to these routers, even if you do not have any WiFi 6 device as yet.

Example: Xiaomi AX3600, Huawei AX3 Pro, TP-Link AX10 (AX1500), TP-Link AX50 (AX3000), Asus RT-AX56U (AX1800) and AX58U (AX3000).

2) If one has some WiFi 6 devices (eg: Intel AX200 adapter is pretty cheap as an add-on, iPhone 11 series, latest Android flagship, etc ) , it makes sense to buy WiFi 6 routers in this case.

3) Some people just like to try new stuffs. WiFi router are one of the most important thing for home network, yet the price (even the high end ones) is a fraction of the latest iPhone or Android Flagship phones. So I can understand why people buy expensive WiFi 6 routers (eg: S$400 - S$800, Asus RT-AX88U, Asus Zen WiFi AX XT8 Mesh, etc).

On the other hand, it is also perfectly fine if you choose to delay the upgrade, if you have a good working AC router.

My existing routers (six year old Linksys WRT1900AC as the main router, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh, Huawei WS5200 Quad Core version) are still working fine. So I just start to look at WiFi 6 routers myself since I do not have any WiFi 6 device yet. But my next router will be a WiFi 6 router (AX3000 grade or better, but not above S$250).

u know used telco routers (with usb 3.0 and ****) cost around $10. Spend $30 for 3 routers and set up as wireless repeaters around whole house and u can have good wifi coverage around the house with 802.11AC/b/g/n 5Ghz and 2.4GHz.

don't understand why people dunno how to think, too much money to burn

next time there will be used 802.11ax router selling at close to nothing

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127281142 said:
u know used telco routers (with usb 3.0 and ****) cost around $10. Spend $30 for 3 routers and set up as wireless repeaters around whole house and u can have good wifi coverage around the house with 802.11AC/b/g/n 5Ghz and 2.4GHz.

don't understand why people dunno how to think, too much money to burn

next time there will be used 802.11ax router selling at close to nothing

It all depends on people's spending priority. I see it strange when people are spending top dollars for a phone and then do not want to spend even S$100 on a router.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127279859 said:
why need until wifi 6 802.11ax when most device still using 802.11ac and below?

Technology will get cheap over time. So the early bird is those paying extra to help us test the technology. Soon AX will come in with a new standard with better speed and transmission range.

For those with Wi-fi6 equipment can consider Xiaomi, Huawei Wifi6 router.

During this **, I notice a lot of people around me are having poor wifi signal at home. They are dropping out on video call and during online singing when they move around their house.

So to keep having strong wifi signal they need to stay put at a strong wifi zone in their home.

So to me, this is as good as running LAN connect to your phone if your wifi can't give you mobility at home. So a lot of people taking the chance to cheap AX router hoping to improve their coverage

Most of them are using ISP default router or installed their router in a poor location.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL idk your ac86u real or fake one.
My router is literally opposite end of my toilet in my 4rm hdb.
Total got like 3 walls in between direct sight.
5ghz 1bar, 2.4ghz 3 bar.
Looks like you need some configuration on yours. Or maybe your house much bigger than mine =(

Mine is old HDB, which is much bigger than typical flats. The kitchen toilet is very far from living room router placement.

Previously, using AC3200, but the router is old and giving me problems hence i switched out to AC86U last October. Initally, signals is strong in the toilet, but gradually weakened. Recently, did a scan, there are more neighbours networks around, hence, this might be the reason for the interference.

Wonder, how this xiaomi ax3600 resolve the network strength issues. For 5ghz is okay, but just need at least 2.4ghz in the far end kitchen toilet and the kitchen area.

Overtime, have to often restart router as it ran into some issues, lagging in network, after a restart, it will work

大蛇丸 Orochimaru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is old HDB, which is much bigger than typical flats. The kitchen toilet is very far from living room router placement.

Previously, using AC3200, but the router is old and giving me problems hence i switched out to AC86U last October. Initally, signals is strong in the toilet, but gradually weakened. Recently, did a scan, there are more neighbours networks around, hence, this might be the reason for the interference.

Wonder, how this xiaomi ax3600 resolve the network strength issues. For 5ghz is okay, but just need at least 2.4ghz in the far end kitchen toilet and the kitchen area.

Overtime, have to often restart router as it ran into some issues, lagging in network, after a restart, it will work

what u need is a repeater, not better router

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127283999 said:
what u need is a repeater, not better router

Thanks, tired repeater previously, speed is slow and there will be a different ap name. Mesh is quite expensive too.

I might consider this router as I have quite a handful of xiaomi IOT devices.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depends where you place your AX3600. If you place at the same spot where u pit your AC86U. Might still face the same issue. Older flats the wall are thickness also different. Have you try to move your AC86U and see if that give a better signal (for testing).

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try to switch to different WiFi channels to see if that helps. Asus RT-AC86U is the top rated AC router out there and I guess Xiaomi AX3600 will not help you much.

If that does not help (I believe it should help), you may want to get another Asus router to form AImesh to extend the coverage. Or get a cheap AP to extend the range in the kitchen area.

And yes for old HDB unit, kitchen toilet and master room toilet can be the worst point. My HDB flat is a 4 room 106sqm. I always had problems with these two places with my current main router WRT1900AC (six years old). I have used various methods in the past (power line adapter, range extender and cheap TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh). Recently I started to try to use the Huawei WS5200 Quad Core version as an AP (1m away from the Linksys) and it seems to be able to cover the full flat with 5GHz band. I can get above 100Mbps in master room toilet and above 50Mbps in the kitchen toilet now, which is good enough for me.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends where you place your AX3600. If you place at the same spot where u pit your AC86U. Might still face the same issue. Older flats the wall are thickness also different. Have you try to move your AC86U and see if that give a better signal (for testing).
I'll try when I have some time. Might need somemore ethernet cables to move my router further away from the ONT. Currently, my placement of AC86U is not ideal congested with Television and cordless phone.

I intend to shift it up to the shelve above the TV, hence it will have less interference with my cordless phone. However, the problem is my TV is connected via LAN, then I will need another ethernet cable to connect from router back to TV. :s22::s22:

大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127284117 said:
u need to learn how to configure

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try to switch to different WiFi channels to see if that helps. Asus RT-AC86U is the top rated AC router out there and I guess Xiaomi AX3600 will not help you much.

If that does not help (I believe it should help), you may want to get another Asus router to form AImesh to extend the coverage. Or get a cheap AP to extend the range in the kitchen area.

And yes for old HDB unit, kitchen toilet and master room toilet can be the worst point. My HDB flat is a 4 room 106sqm. I always had problems with these two places with my current main router WRT1900AC (six years old). I have used various methods in the past (power line adapter, range extender and cheap TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh). Recently I started to try to use the Huawei WS5200 Quad Core version as an AP (1m away from the Linksys) and it seems to be able to cover the full flat with 5GHz band. I can get above 100Mbps in master room toilet and above 50Mbps in the kitchen toilet now, which is good enough for me.
Mine is also around 106Sqm. Tried powerline adapter, repeater, all don't really work well for me.

HW WS5200 AP behind the main router? So it means all traffic (wireless signals) will pass through the HW router? And for ethernet connections, pass through your WRT1900AC?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is also around 106Sqm. Tried powerline adapter, repeater, all don't really work well for me.

HW WS5200 AP behind the main router? So it means all traffic (wireless signals) will pass through the HW router? And for ethernet connections, pass through your WRT1900AC?

Huawei WS5200 behind the main router as an AP. I need the main router as it has vlan for my SingTel 1Gbps plan and SingTel TV. Two wired devices also go to the WRT1900AC (personal NAS and XBox One S). No wired devices on the Huawei WS5200 yet but occasionally I used it to test the wired speed.

Right now only three Huawei phones (two on 5GHz band, Nova 3i on the 2.4GHz band) go to the WS5200 mainly and the rest of the devices still go to the main router most of the time (it has good 5GHz speed and lousy 2.4GHz speed). We have quite some wireless devices connected at home (more than 15) but usually only 6 to 8 are active.

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huawei WS5200 behind the main router as an AP. I need the main router as it has vlan for my SingTel 1Gbps plan and SingTel TV. Two wired devices also go to the WRT1900AC (personal NAS and XBox One S). No wired devices on the Huawei WS5200 yet but occasionally I used it to test the wired speed.

Right now only three Huawei phones (two on 5GHz band, Nova 3i on the 2.4GHz band) go to the WS5200 mainly and the rest of the devices still go to the main router most of the time (it has good 5GHz speed and lousy 2.4GHz speed). We have quite some wireless devices connected at home (more than 15) but usually only 6 to 8 are active.
I see that means you have 2 routers broadcasting WiFi at the same time?

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bro my hdb 1994 built. So I think same as yours.
Like you said, your signal weaken. Try changing channels.
Either that or your router ki qia alr. Since still need to restart.
My ac86u 1 year old le. Still going strong thankfully!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.